Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Flyingtiger77

Flyingtiger77
    from Sac,Ca

Alright, so first off thanks to all who have helped in the past with the whole photoshop thing. It has made my decision about the direction of my build a lot easier. I think I have a vision for where I want to take my 36' now. It will be full fendered truck and I will be sectioning the cab, hood sides, and grill by 5-6". The last photoshop I had done is close. My request this time is for a paint scheme. I am thinking gray on the cab and bed. With black scallops on the top of the hood with a maroon (burgandy) outline. As well as black fenders and running boards (possibly with making the body line on the fenders maroon) and maroon smoothies. Thanks in advance, you guys are awesome!

Oh also I don't think this guy sectioned his grill, so the hood has a uphill slant. It would be great to see it have a nice rake to it.

The Ford is an example for scallops. You could make them a little longer if you want.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  2. A Rodder

A Rodder

Maybe not a great pic, but I think I might go dark blue before I sell it. Any chance of seeing it in blue

Attached Files:

3. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

[​IMG]

4. onebadmutt

onebadmutt
    from Michigan

5. Flyingtiger77

Flyingtiger77
    from Sac,Ca

thanks James! You might see that beast rolling down Highway 49 in the near future!

6. Rod_n_Hudson

Rod_n_Hudson
    from Michigan

My 1939 Hudson 112 Coupe is still a work in progress. The reality of paint is approaching. This picture is from years ago when it was first parked in the back yard. I picture Light Blue Swede, but am open to ideas? Could somebody work some magic?

Attached Files:

7. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

Here ya go. Removing flames is a pain in the backside. lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Sure is. Id like to make a feature of the woodwork, and have cleaned it up. I deleted that pic, and i'll get a side on pic. :D

9. scadfeq

scadfeq
    from so cal

Thank you for the paint job. I was wondering if anyone can work thier magic on the wheels with some different ideas. I was thinking painted steelies green like the roof with a center cap or something I dont know.
    I would also like to see what she would look like with some body mods.
    If your bored and want to play around with it I'd appreciate it. Thank You
    in advance....

[​IMG]

10. 32ford07

32ford07

man, you are talented thats just crazy to know that you can do all that! is there by any chance a color you can do it like close to silver but with a hint of brown, could you do a shot with the billet wheels just to see what they look like, i thought about also doing the billet wheel on it and leaving the hoop polished and painting the centers cream.. just a thought maybe if its not to hard i would like to see that! that way i can rule that out if it looks goofy.. i really appreciate you taking your time to help me out.. thanks

11. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

I gotta take my hat off to the effort James D and more recently Btrsweet have put in to these photoshops. Sure would like to see a tutorial on what methods you are using, I struggle with the patience to select things.
    Maybe you have easier methods of doing things.

12. SuperJim

SuperJim
    from Minnesota

I just have to say BEST thread anywhere... and many thanks to those doing the photowork. Amazing!

13. Seems I´d have to get up a lot earlier to beat Btrsweet to this thread of a morning! :D

Selection? Just point and click with the lasso tool. You don´t have to be as accurate as you might think. You can go all the way round a car body in about half a minute. Don´t even think of using the magic wand tool.
    Anything else you want to know, just shout.

14. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

One thing I notice about your work is you have sharper lines and finer details. Like when drawing scalops. your paint overs look great what is your method for colouring? and lastly I noticed youve started adding reflections lately, how do you do that?

15. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

16. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

Here's a one for ya. Make the large man in the grey shirt disappear.

[​IMG]

17. The thin lines are done with the path (pen?) tool. Pull it to shape and then stroke the path using a very fine airbrush tool (like 1 or 3 point). If you put it on another layer then you can fade it out til it looks right.

Scallops I tend to use Adobe Illustrator and again add it on another layer and fade it out.

Reflections? Copy a bit of the ground, and stick it on the car.

Colouring and shine is just about observation. Look at some photos of shiney, perfect cars and just try and copy them. In fact, most of this is about observation and seeing what looks right.

18. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Easy. I told him if he'd go into the bar next door, I'd buy him a beer!

Attached Files:

19. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

Do you use a tablet or a mouse? I thought drawing a path shape in photoshop and rasterizing it, is the same as drawing in illustrator, then saving it as jpg, it rasterizes it on export.

20. sygreaser

sygreaser
    from SO-CAL

21. sygreaser

sygreaser
    from SO-CAL

22. sygreaser

sygreaser
    from SO-CAL

23. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

Those are WEEZNER backgrounds no?

24. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

mrjynx, those renderings are awesome!!

25. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

LOL! Great job, thanks!

26. HotRodHealey

HotRodHealey
    from AZ

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know OT and strange...

27. zombie

zombie

ha ha:)

28. Motornoggin1

Motornoggin1

I actually kinda like that.

29. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

Not mine, I only quoted for stealing weezners works.

Google keith weezner

this is an original, looks like he cloned the original cars out and put those in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then put his own name on them.

30. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Nice! looks like a Pininfarina prototype for Renault.
    I want to hop in and go to Monte Carlo!