Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Gunslinger63

Gunslinger63

Hi all. I am going to be painting my car in the near future and need some help with my color combo. Right now the car has a black body but the top needs painted. The black paint is ok from a few feet but as you get close you see alot of flaws. I had first decided to do a maroon top and not paint the black to start with but now I am kinda thinking if I gotta paint the top why not do the whole thing and take care of a few little spots of rust that need repair and have the paint done the first time around. The interior is already done in Maroon so I wanna incorporate that color either on the car or some color for the car that will go with the maroon interior. The car is getting a mildly built Mopar 318. I am gonna run 15" Aluminum Slots and maybe whitewalls. Show me some color ideas that would look good.

If someone could photoshop the body maroon and top black and throw a set of whitewalls and slots on the car that would be fantastic. I did a photoshop on it with a maroon top but my skills are not up to par with all the other people on here. I am putting a pic of the interior up to get a idea of the maroon I am trying to match.

Attached Files:

2. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

not great, but it's something to look at.

[​IMG]

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

4. Hope this green is something like what you wanted - my monitor is showing it´s age.

[​IMG]

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

That is very close..Thank you very much.
    greens are a bit funny, and probably hard to match in the real world eye.

it definetly gives me food for thought.

6. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

This thread is pretty awesome. I've been back and forth on two colors for my car. Is this picture big enough to do this to? I have no idea how to do photoshop..

If someone is curious and has the time I'm torn between a creamy white for the body and frame or light pearl green (like an avocado) on the body and white for the frame and engine... Any suggestions would be welcome. Oh and I would reallllly like to see what he'll look like with caddy sombreros... thanks guys!:)

[​IMG]

7. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

OOOHHHHHH!!!

Thank you! I'm 100% Sold on the caps and really in love with that combo.. wow!

8. -Brent-

-Brent-

Please do this! Wow, that is so cool...

9. Strittan

Strittan
    from Sweden

Hey guys. New member from Sweden here, and what a great forum this is.

Just wanted to share the Ranchero I just did. Click the pictures for full size:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ignore the gray stuff on the ground. It was already there.

10. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

Thats a good concept.
    Just baught this off of fellow Hamber "lownslow"

Thought Id put it up here and let a few folks have a crack at some simple scallops. No panels, just scallops.
    Also, I need to get a second set of wheels n caps. I like these, but the car is parked on the street and I don't think they will stay mine for long.

thanks for any help guys.

Attached Files:

11. djlifter

djlifter
    from oklahoma

Please do my 59...red steelies...wide white..and just a little lower...please....

Attached Files:

12. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Guess I'll try my hand at scallops.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  13. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

14. one of you wizards wanna give my newly acquried daily some attitude!
    lowered and a new set of wheels? ive been thinking pinner whites and cragar ss or radirs or supremes would like to see these three in photochop form before i make a purchase.. would like personalised opions also. so have at it, anyways heres the car ..... 1966 galaxie

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  15. Russian

Russian

first thing that came to my mind when i saw this car

Attached Files:

16. thanks russian wish it was a 2 door!

17. 'Mo

'Mo

Personally, I'd de-chrome, and think "Watson". Some combination of panel, fade, cobweb, and/or lace. Belflowers and Daytons.

[​IMG]

18. Brunoz28

Brunoz28

Can anyone here do me a huge favor Photo Chop a Chrystler 300. Ill star by letting the willing party know that i realize its very not H.A.M.B like but my roomate here in Afghanistan has been checking out the pictures I have up on my foot locker mostly customs like chopped mercs and my own 63 impala done in 2-tone that has been Photo Chopped here in the past. Can anyone conjour up a picture of a Chrysler 300 in a bluish-steel gray type hue and maybe lower it and put some wide white walls on it maybe on steel wheels or even the stock wheels perhaps, a two tone paint scheme too, give it a "mild custom" look. Again I realize this is not a HAMB like request (at least its an American car) but help a stranded troop out, im trying to convert this guy after all "teaching the gospil" is what the HAMB is all about right! Thanks in advance.

19. skoh73

skoh73

Um, what year?

20. thanks 'mo, thats how id like it to be but itll be a little more tame, just lowered with wheels and tires i bought it to just drive so i could put my money towards my chevy, anybody else want a shot at it, ive seen some great work done on here, help us out

21. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Can anyone photoshop this 57 Ford for me, by putting a nicer background on it. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

22. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

HOWS THIS ..........;) EVEN made it into a 63 A ,put some sheep in etc......haha

Attached Files:

23. Brunoz28

Brunoz28

Skoh73, Thank you for the intrest in taking up the request. Here is a sample picture i found online, he actually has that grill on it but it is not that color.

Attached Files:

• 300.jpg
      300.jpg
      File size:
      2.7 KB
      Views:
  24. Rasmus

Rasmus
    from Las Vegas

1968 Cadillac Coupe deVille

[​IMG]
    OEM ride height- 7 7/8" frame to ground clearance. Able to clear small children, laying down.

[​IMG]
    3 inch drop - 4 7/8" frame to ground clearance. You could clear a full can of coke standing up "the hard way" (4 13/16")

[​IMG]
    4 inch drop - 3 7/8" frame to ground clearance. Able to clear an American size 4x4 (3 1/2").

[​IMG]
    5 inch drop - 2 7/8" frame to ground clearance. Able to clear a full can of coke laying on it's side.

[​IMG]
    6 inch drop - 1 7/8" frame to ground clearance. Able to clear an American size 2x4 laying flat.

25. j_johnson

j_johnson
    from Iowa

Hey I thought id throw up another picture of the olds for someone to paint since its all one even color now and its going to paint in a week, haven't picked the right shade of burgandy yet. It might be hard to see where the two tone is divided tho with no trim on it. The roof, hood, fender tops and door tops will be white, and the rear and bottom doors,fenders will be burgandy. Thanks!

[​IMG]

26. C-Jack

C-Jack
    from Stanton Ca

how about that same car with flat black paint and a red flake roof and side pipes??

27. [​IMG]

anybody do a straw/tan body for me? like a stock color would be, thinking of that or a bit of worn gloss black.

28. 'Mo

'Mo

TMK, How can you NOT do this??? Seriously!
    (Still needs Belflowers.;))

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010