Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Lono

Lono

just about bought this...

[​IMG]

to make this...

[​IMG]

2. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had to give this one a shot, being a fan of both the '57 Ford and Gassers. This Photoshop stuff is a blast! Since my 30 day free trial is just about up I better buy the program. Guess the wife's new wooden leg will just have to wait till next payday. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  3. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

Sorry about the oddball reference. Wish I could find the Gene Winfield car as reference. Let's try this resize.

[​IMG]

4. No no - it´s too late now - I´m all offended.:D

So ypu want red fades? To what? Red to orange? Red to yellow? Red to white will look strange IMHO.

5. Rikster

Rikster

Some time ago I did these for a client (CarBuilder). He is going to built the car based on a rather rotten 1936 Ford 5-window coupe. The project is supposed to start in the next couple of days...

For the project I did three views of the car.

For the first one the front 3/4 view I started with this photo

[​IMG]

And ended here...

[​IMG]

For the rear quarter view I started with a Cabriolet.

[​IMG]

And this was the end result...

[​IMG]

The last view also started with the Cabriolet. I could not find a perfect dead on side view of a Roadster at the needed size.

[​IMG]

And this was the final result...

[​IMG]

And Danny will create the above using this as a base!!! The car sat in a field... upside down for some time.

[​IMG]

6. Very nice Rik - I like the vette style bumpers and especially the sucked in running boards. Don´t think I´ve seen that done before.

7. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

JamesD, thanks for the reply. I quess I have been very inspired by your renderings. I have the red paint already, and now two containers of red pearl and a quart of flattening agent so I can make a test panel. My car has a wierd shape and I have never exactly liked the panels on the sides, especially the small curve down ahead of the rear wheels. Most on this board will not like the 18" wheels I have on it. I say if you are inspired in any direction, color, wheels and or body mods etc. do that. I can buy more paint and change the body. I just need to find a booth to rent. Mucho appreciated!

8. The Hitch Hiker

The Hitch Hiker

I'm no photoshopper so I dont know if this picture is even doable but can anyone transform it's paint to look like the brushed aluminium of an airstream trailer?! I'm aiming for a white roof and white strip along the bump running lenghways along the body. show me some inspiration for paint stripping today:D

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Many thanks

9. 56boracho

56boracho
    from lot

can someone photoshop my 51 ford f1 i want to maybe primer black and some scallops and change the wheels on it any ideas would be great to

thanks

Attached Files:

10. LOL! Well if her old wooden leg is starting to look a bit tatty, you can at least "paint" it and spiff it up a bit in Photoshop. Just use the Wooden Leg filter! :eek:

11. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Holy crap I never thought of that! Great idea! :D

12. Can somebody help me out with my F100? I'm thinking white top and copper metallic body with the color transition at the bottom of the window. I'd also like to see it lowered with some WWW. THANKS!! :D

Attached Files:

13. pro1street

pro1street

Here's one to ponder on.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  14. Something like this...? Red/burgundy with gold fades.

[​IMG]

15. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

That's exactly how winfield does it! It is so nice to actually see it on the car. I think I will go with more a more suttle approach, like you did with Kustom7777's roadster. Is this your ultimate color choice too? Love the skinny whites. I had them previously with 15" rallys. The car really swayed around with them though.

As a side note, I will be across the pond in a few weeks and probably will visit my relatives near Nuernberg. So if you see 4 smiling people in a Renault Picasso, give a wave!

16. Colour really could be anything you like. I just started with red as you said you had some already.

Ah, well have fun in Nürnberg. Why not get down to Stuttgart and take a look at the Porsche and Mercedes museums if you have time?

17. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

Actually, we will be in France and Belgium for most of our two weeks. We will be in LeMans the day after the race and I am looking forward to that! My german relatives were going to be with us in Belgium, but work changed their plans. So, as Americans will do, we will drive the 6 hours for an overnight visit. I Love the autobahn!

Thanks again so much for the photoshop, it looks fantastic!

18. Me too!

19. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

Well, now I have to wear my HAMB t-shirt!

20. This is awesome!!!! :D:D What color did you use?

21. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

[​IMG]

Hope this gives you some inspiration to start scraping paint. The mix is a bit off and I apologize, so I got you some new wheels and tires, and a chrome bumper and grill. Oh yeah, and a cup holder.

22. pro1street

pro1street

Not really a specific color per say,just alot of trial and error on the color adjustments and brightness and contrast,but if I were saying what the color is it would be close to a gold tangerine pearl.Glad You like it.

23. The Hitch Hiker

The Hitch Hiker

Wow! Thanks for the Photochopping effort:D

Have a virtual beer on me!

24. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

LOL, will do!

25. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Alright... Can you guys make my top and wheels the gold and the truck itself white? And one White instead of the black also? Thanks!

Attached Files:

• KBC02.jpg
      KBC02.jpg
      File size:
      89.4 KB
      Views:
    • z.jpg
      z.jpg
      File size:
      232.7 KB
      Views:
  26. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hi Guys

Could someone please be so kind to section 4" out of this? Greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

27. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Panhead_Pete: Here you go.
    I'm not a big fan of sectioned cars as a rule. They often look squashed or just plain odd from certain angles.

I sectioned this one with a pie-cut: more at the back than the front for that motorboat look. I kinda like it!

Attached Files:

28. Von Richthofen

Von Richthofen

Help need some ideas i bought this 48 Ply, 9 yrs ago looking towords a 50,s look the sun is killin the clear coat lol

Attached Files:

29. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Rot. Looking good.

30. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

[​IMG][​IMG]

Here ya go Dave.Not sure if this was the green you were talking about.