Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs The Pearl Necklace Gets its Money Shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SlowandLow63, Mar 1, 2010.

1. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally!

After putting the last few minor details on the car Wed. night, (i.e. front seat, tires, skirts, minor buffing/cleaning) we got the car on the trailer and hit the highway at 12:30am. The first few hours went by uneventful as we made good time into PA, but then it started snowing and before long we couldn't see the left lane anymore. The radar on my Blackberry showed a storm covering more than half of PA that we were headed straight for. On the first fuel stop, I needed to put it in 4-wheel to get it up the hill into the station. Thats never a good sign.

Needless to say, despite a white-knuckle ride, Joe and I were able to navigate our rig into Detroit unscathed.

The car however, did not fare as well.

[​IMG]

After 30 minutes at the local car wash and triple that detailing, we got the car setup and ready to go on the floor of Cobo. Walking out of Cobo that night was a great feeling. Being that this wasn't the first deadline project I had been involved in, I knew what it would take to get it there on time. However, this was the first time a project like this had come out of my shop and it felt great to have finally made it in one piece as we had planned.

All our hard work was rewarded Saturday night when we got a phone call from Scott informing us that Mike Alexander was looking for us and we were nowhere to be found. Mike Alexander had picked the '57 for his Builder's Choice Award saying that when him and his brother opened their shop in 1957, this is exactly the type of car they would have built. To have that honor and the honor of meeting Mike the next day and having him tell us that persoanlly is something I will never forget.

Oh ya, we had a few womens put some fingerprints on it as well..............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

the car came out GREAT!!
    you guys did a kickass job for sure!!

3. lowelife

lowelife

Car looks great

4. ponchopowerd

ponchopowerd

i think the name of the thread should get an award to

5. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Thanks guys!

I forgot to mention, a huge thanks goes out to Rudy for having us. He really knows how to treat the participants at the show. We will absolutely be back next year, hopefully with a few more cars.

6. Wow looks great Bill!!

7. farmer12

farmer12

Very nice lookin'. Me like.

8. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

looks awesome guys good job.

9. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Wow! You guys really did it! The A Bros award!
    I've already told Joe, but I need to say it publically, that you guys really did a fantastic job on the car. You all have come a long way with your skills, talents, attention to detail, design styling, and workmanship. AND willingness to do a difficult job, both well and fast.
    As young builders, I'm really proud of you. And to see that one of the great custom talents in the world also sees this in you really puts the icing on the cake.
    Congratulations, and keep up the work, I see even more kudos in store for you, and your shop. Remember keep trying to better yourself with every job you take on. Hard work DOES pay off!
    Godamn...I think I'm gettin' a little misty eyed!

10. Anderson

Anderson

Congratulations Billy! Nice work my friend

11. Elrod

Elrod

Good job guys! Always love the Edsel tails and it looks great on that Kustom! You did it and pulled it off in style!

Now what's next??!?! :D

12. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

It also means alot to me to hear that from you. You have been a mentor to me ever since you first told me, "Perfection is only the begining." Us being there and showing well is due in large part to people like yourself that give up their time to help and guide. Thank you.

I wish it was! He reminds me of myself though, he just jumped in the photo and put his arm around the girls!

13. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Right on - that really came out nice

14. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Joe, the car came out absolutely awesome...in spite of Bill!:D

Congrats on a beautiful build, guys...and congrats on making your deadline...looks awesome!!!:cool:

15. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

You guys really did a great job, can't wait to see the car in person this year.

I see you met the three sisters..........nice!

See you when i defrost...TJ

16. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

That car looks great...there are not enough '57 Ford customs...or FORD customs, for that matter at all, out there...
    Super-tasteful.
    Nice car.

17. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

Really really nice!!! I really like the color. Came out great!

18. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Bill, Looks like the Pearl Necklace made a Grand entry to the car show world. Car looks great. Congrats on the award from the "A" Bros !

19. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Yep, it's Joe's car that we built at my shop. And I think that as long as you promise to clue me in on all the kustom bodywork you did, I'm up for it!

20. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Do you understand what you're asking, when you ask Bill that kind of question?????:eek:...I'll get you a towel!

Look away from the light, DRuss32...look away from the light!!:D

21. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Considering this car was in primer on Jan 14th, the whole experience has been a bit overwhelming. Kustoms are alive and well in NJ, and this project would have NEVER been possible without the combined contributions of many great friends. So in no particular order:

-Bill (Slowandlow63) - Huge thanks for making the project possible. Letting me keep my car at his garage, applying the paint... I don't even know where to begin. I'm certainly no body man, so without Billy's help, I'd still be sanding my roof with a 5" DeWalt electric sander.

-Russ Montelbano (Hellcat666)- Our boy Russ stepped up and got in the shop to keep progress moving when I was stuck at school and Billy stuck at work. Russ has been a friend of ours a long time and I'm glad he was able to be a part of the project. Considering how close we were to not even finishing, without Russ's help, our deadlines would have been completely out of the question. His skills are improving on a daily basis, so everyone better watch out for his '56 Roadmaster!

-Mark Wojcik (Chopolds), Vic Collins and Ron Blaufeder - Mark has taught me basically everything I know about kustomizing and body work. These guys took on the Kopper Kart challenge and crushed it, so they came in with clutch performances in getting this put back together into a car. Vic made the kustom tail light lenses, Mark painted the wheels and buffed trim like no tomorrow while Ron went to town on the dash. These guys are machines.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  22. Gasser57

Gasser57

I couldn't believe it was the same car! It looked even better in person. Nice job, guys.

23. hey bill that car did look great up close good job
    oh here's one for your file[​IMG]

24. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Thanks Kevin! I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to run into you, we were runnin around like crazy all wknd. Hope to see ya soon.

25. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

Yo Bill...EXCELLENT FUCKIN JOB my friend.The car looks killer man! Great work!

26. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Cool ride. Definitely looks like fun!

27. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Badass Bill.....just badass!
    Congrats fellas......stellar car.

28. fordsteel

fordsteel
    from Elkland PA

Love that car and really like the color and over all paint job

29. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Thanks for the props guys! A few more people I need to thank as well

-Anthony White (00Mack) - Anthony took time out of his busy schedule to stripe the car on short notice. I've known Anthony for almost a decade, and his striping skills are totally out of control. I gave him free artistic reign, and he came through huge. Less was more, and Anthony put down some fiiiiiiine lines.

-Billy's dad - This guy can tape scallops faster than anyone I've ever seen. Great eye for design too.

-My Mom - Mom has been my biggest supporter in my love of old cars. She's put up with a lot over the years from me, but it means a lot. She'd drop by the garage with Dunkin Donuts for us and to check out the progress. Love ya, Ma :)

We're looking for some cool shows to hit this summer aside from the local stuff. The car runs good, will be fun to really get it on the road again