Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Pearl in the rough 52 Hot Rod Lincoln

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Doorly, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Doorly

Doorly

Hello Members,
    I'm glad that I found this organization. Lately I had a desire to find out about a radical custom car from the 50s that I owned a few years ago. Unforturnately I sold it before I knew of it's value and history. At the time in 94 I was collecting Chevy Corvairs and I met a older gentleman that had two Corvairs sitting in his yard that I bought off him. He said he also had a odd custom car sitting in a old garage. I couldn't believe my eyes when he showed it to me. It was a 1952 totally rad custom Lincoln Capri convertible. It was covered in dust and 2 tires were flat. I wanted it, he had no use for it and I ended up buying it for 275.00 . I waisted no time getting a guy with a rollback to pick it up for me which was only about 15 miles from home. First I gave it a good washing and it didn't look to bad with a metallic red paint. It was complete had the original V8 engine auto trans., and a custom black and white tuck and roll interior in fair shape, The top needed replacing but was intact. We had the car running in a week. Only had 56K miles on it. I rebuilt the complete brake system and I drove it with the top down at a local cruise twice without state inspection and regestration and had a blast seeing peoples jaws drop. Then I sold it to a guy on the cruise commitee so they could chance the car off the following year. They gave it a crappy paint job with flames and installed a new top on it. It was won by a lady from Langhorn PA. I later found out it was built by Tony Brusivage from NJ. and was pictured in a few old custom car magazines. I'm still kicking myself in the ass everytime I think about it. I did see someone in Broomal PA had it for sale in Hemmings for 35,000.00 "No,ooo.oo" ! way I'll ever get it back. Well anyway, I'd would appreciate if any of you guys could come up with some info or better yet some of the old pics of this fantastic car named The Pearl by Tony B. I posted the pictures I have of it in my member gallery (Doorlys). Yea I'll turn around so you can kick me too.
    Thanks,
    Tom Doorly

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  2. rayford

rayford
    from calhoun ga

welcome from Ga