Register now to get rid of these ads!

The passing of Jim Burrowes J&M Salvage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WZ JUNK, Jul 29, 2012.

1. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

It is sad that I report the passing of Jim Borrowes http://www.ozarkfuneralhome.com/sitemaker/sites/ozarkf0/obit.cgi?user=676340Burrowes

Jim was the owner of J&M Antique Auto Salvage just outside of Goodman, Mo. Lots of hot rods were built with parts that Jim supplied. He was very fair and honest. Although he closed the business a few years ago, he still bought and sold some and he was very active. The 1953 Studebaker that we ran at Bonneville came from him. He will be missed.

John

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Sincere sympathy goes out to Family & Friends

3. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

That is really sad, when that yard closed a few years back I was lucky enough to buy all of his busses full of parts and paperwork, I bought every convertible he had and I bought a ton of other stuff.....what a yard he had, man I could walk around in there for hours and hours....Then at the end of the day I would just sit down in the office and talk to Jim for the rest of the evening. Jim had bought a lot of the cars out of the old butterfiend yard in the 70's he also bought a lot of the cars out of Jim Dotsons yard in Casville when he passed away and they crushed that yard, man did that one have some cars too!! I could tell stories and stories about those yards!!! My mom and dad collected cars and I grew up in those yards, I mean I was there daily and spent entire days walking through them from the time I was 6 or 7 till they closed, knew Jim Dotson very well and Jim Burrows very well. I would pull in there and he knew me by name, knew where I was from and knew what kind of cars I owned. Man I miss those days.....RIP Jim