Register now to get rid of these ads!

The ozark mountain special

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by ScottV, Nov 17, 2012.

1. bobw

bobw

It's looking real nice. Good color combination.

You might want to check with the tech guys at the strip you will run at to see if they will accept the single hoop roll cage.

2. Old28

Old28

c/h -- I know you are restoring the ozark mountain special as close to original as you can and it ran with a single loop in it's race days.

With that said if you have to add a second loop to meet tech at your tracks, you might want to consider what (Old6rodder) did to the "Flyin' Brick" to meet tech at Famoso Dragstrip here in Bakersfield. He has added a bolt in second loop that can be removed when he runs tracks like Eagle Field & Antique Drags that allow a single loop setup. Our tech in Bakersfield is real good and are OK with his setup. Just an idea if you need a second loop.

3. c/h

c/h
    from iowa

mean like this ?

Attached Files:

4. c/h

c/h
    from iowa

whats a good tire for the rear for this class please?

5. mudflap261

mudflap261
    from tulsa

coker bias ply 27 to 29 tall 6 inchs wide . you might want to pm 2b bob huberty ishis name, he runs low 12s consistetly with a flathead and has never broke atranny he also has a lot of flathead parts he lives in ford du lac wis

6. Old28

Old28

Coker L78-15 Bias Ply Tire, meets the 6" wide tread & Bias rule. I am sure there are others.

And yes that's the "flyin' Brick" with the extra loop. PM Dick for any details.

7. c/h

c/h
    from iowa

will get a hoop made up next week
    started to put back together
    enjoying the project

Attached Files:

8. Old28

Old28

Looking real nice, great to see an original HA/GR brought back to life and put back on the track as it should be. Keep up the good work.

Just a point to keep in mind when adding that second hoop is that NHRA techs are getting tough on the 3" rule (helmet face to front hoop face), they have been checking the open wheel cars at most races.

9. Judge56

Judge56

Very cool car and it is great it will run again. Looks like you are doing it justice. Hopefully it will now survive for a long time. Question about your shop. Where did you get those giant black mats for the floor. Never seen any that big. Thanks and good luck with the "O. Z. special"

10. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Here's alittle update for c/h AKA Kevin, I sold him an extra set of wire wheels for his car, We were talking and he was saying how cool the steering wheel for my dragster was , Being were good friends I told him I'd make him one , so here's a pic of the start of it , also here's his new front wheels, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

11. c/h

c/h
    from iowa

dont know much about the class learning as i go
    additional hoop needed so im looking for input on location i have it about 4 inches in front of helmet its the height and the bars that connect it to pre existing hoop i have questions about other words just tell me what needs to bedone and il do it im kind of clueless always thanks for the help

Attached Files:

12. mudflap261

mudflap261
    from tulsa

nhra rules E altered put you on track

13. bobw

bobw

[​IMG]
    From a 2008 rule book. Still valid, I believe.

14. Old28

Old28

Kevin -- I sent you a regular email about the photo's you sent me, check it out.

Also check the car cages in the HA/GR & SDRA Photo thread that (old6rodder) put togeather and look at the cages, some of those cars had single loop setup & have been changed to two loop.

15. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Here's a quick update on the butterfly steering wheel We're makeing for Kevin, After cutting out the basic shape with a plasma cutter ,we bend it to shape on a brake, after that the handles are rough cut out and epoxyed on, next we pin them and start shapeing them ,this is were were at right now, Sorry Kevin didn't have any walnut laying around so your getting oak handles:D Tim Jones

Attached Files:

16. bobw

bobw

Very cool. Walnut is worth 3 tenths though.:D

17. c/h

c/h
    from iowa

very cool !!!
    oak walnut no complaint here
    dont forget to hide that nos button

18. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

NOS!!! We don't need no stinking NOS!!:eek: Everyone knows real race cars burn NITRO!!!:D

19. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Ahh, sorry about the Nitro comment fellas:( My dragster burns Gas too:D, I got a funny car in the garage that makes me say that stuff:eek:, Well enough joking around , Here's a couple more pics, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

20. c/h

c/h
    from iowa

are these tires allowed in this class?

Uniroyal tiger paw bias ply L-60-15

thanks

21. mudflap261

mudflap261
    from tulsa

if they are no more than 6 inches wide and you cut the tigers nails

22. c/h

c/h
    from iowa

yep wrong size

23. c/h

c/h
    from iowa

well havent done a whole lot with the holidays but have a roller which is always good.need correct rear tires and then next is getting the role cage figured out dragsled helped me on the nice set of hallcraft wires.may change up paint scheme to a old f-100d tin work matches up like the real deal (nice randy).flathead gets it next few days.see what were in for on that.pick some parts up from randy should be in good shape.

Attached Files:

24. Old28

Old28

Dragster is looking real nice, they always look better when you get them up as a roller.;)

Nice set of front wires, should help keep weight down and look very 50's.

Your moving along real fine.:)

25. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Really nice work :cool: (and I'm envious of anyone who can keep a white shop floor :D).

The T-Bird nose paint would be wild on that car, but anything, long as she hits the asphalt again. :cool:

Just gotta ask, regarding the white-out in the second Thud picture; what the heck was in the background? :D

26. c/h

c/h
    from iowa

some dude by his rc plane though id white him out

27. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Rats, hoping for a secret divulged, at the least. :rolleyes:

I'm really looking forward to this build. :cool:

28. Old28

Old28

Kevin, sent a reply to your email, check it out. Tom

29. Any updates Kevin?

30. c/h

c/h
    from iowa

getting close to completion have my cage in picked up a correct rear set of tires for the back installed my hand built tim jones original steering wheel
    brakes are bled built reassembled my flat head last weekend picked up the original zoomies from brad just have trans clutch and drive shaft few misc
    wont do paint till spring little to cold at the moment
    come a long ways since it was picked up in the last photo

Attached Files: