Register now to get rid of these ads!

The one that you never should have gotten rid of?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod-40, Sep 21, 2009.

1. My 1955 Buick Special Convertible. I bought it from the original owner for $800 in about 1980 with a blown head gasket. It had been sitting in his garage for about 15 years. The original top and turquoise interior were pristine. I drove the hell out of that car for a couple of years. What a great beach cruiser in the summer. I think I sold it for $3000. Damn, what was I thinking?

2. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

You can live in a car ,,,but you cant race a house,,,,,

3. bajones238

bajones238
    from SC

The one my father regretted selling:

[​IMG]

He bought this '49 Ford convertible new, the year after he married my mother and after he got his first good job. That is my mother in the driver's seat, sometime around 1950-51 (before I was born).

In the late 50s, when my younger sister was born, my parents decided they needed a station wagon, so the convertible went on trade toward a used '54 Ford wagon which ended up being a real piece of junk. Though he never said as much, I believe he always pined for the green convertible with the white canvas top.

4. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Totally agree with you, Patrick 66. Hope to see you at Austin next year.

5. devilleish

devilleish

'65 Pontiac Tempest Custom sedan. 215 six with an air-cooled Buick Super Turbine 300 two-speed equipped with the "Switch Pitch" convertor. Got it for free from my younger sister and drove it for about 5 years. Most reliable car I ever had.

6. 73super

73super

I'm doing it right now.. selling my '58 wagon so I can move forward with my other projects. Usually like to get more done on my rides before I sell... but I need to move forward and funds are tight.. so we do what we must. :(

100_0333.jpg

7. 70chev

70chev
    from knox, pa.

'58 Impala, 348/trips and Turboglide, tired body but ran good, $100.00 in 1969
    '57 Chevy Convert. blown 283, bad quarter panels, $75.00 in 1968

8. DPeel

DPeel

How about a 65 malibu SS 327 convertible for $1250. Boy I was stupid back then!

9. Andy

Andy

I regret selling every thing I ever sold. Period.
    55 red and white Nomad, 283 with a 55 olds hydro,
    55 red and white chevy sport coupe with every option offered except air.
    59 Austin Healy
    73 Jag V12
    57 Chevy 4dr ht, black, air,ps,pb,pg.
    I am really dumb.

10. Dragging up old posts, but WTH.....I'll post on everyone of these "never shoulda" threads hoping my '59 El Camino will resurface.

Sold my '59 El Camino in about 2000 to fund building a '67 Dart GT drag car....handed over a bunch of cash to a fast talking shop owner who actually had a lot of good references and really high quality cars running down the strip....and then the shop went broke a month later. The owner came in one night and loaded up every tool, customer part and anything he could pry off the walls and dissapeared. Some of the employees found their tools at local pawn shops on the way out of town but none of the customers ever got out parts back.

I know the El Camino went so SoCal....but it hasn't been seen or registered since it left my place. It had a 396 and M21 4-speed out of a Chevelle, all the dash pieces and window moldings had been chromed at some point in its life and the right quarter had been patched very poorly before I got it....so its would be easy to ID the car if anyone has any leads(assuming its sitting in someones garage rotting away).

[​IMG]

11. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sold my 57 fuely to an old fella I worked with in 84. Wife and I regretted it immediately even though we needed the money for home repairs,etc. He drove it twice and parked in his garage. My wife bought it back in 03 and we redid it again, now we have too many cars and they are all done but probably won't sell any-she doesn't complain. Starting another 40 soon so I will have another one-may have to sell something to make room. Of all the cars we have the fuely is the only one that scares her if something happens to me as it is so finicky and easily messed up if you don't understand them. The last one that will go is her 55 which we have had since 76-both in our album.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  12. Oh yeah...another one I really regret selling was my '71 Challenger RT, 383 Magnum, perfect black interior. Ran perfect. SHIT!!

13. I wish I had kept this one:
    [​IMG]

I had it from 1965 to 1972. I paid $200 for it as a pretty rough 8 year old car. Put a new 327, a BW T-10, new paint, wheels and tires, etc. It was a much nicer car by the time I sold it, but I still only got about 200, iirc. I needed a washer and dryer for washing a ton of diapers every day. The washer and dryer were worn out in a few years, but I did what I had to do.