Register now to get rid of these ads!

History the one AD truck that sticks in my memory

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NONAME, Jun 3, 2012.

1. I took this photo at Paso Robles 15-20 years ago. before they moved the show to Down town.

this black truck in the middle had a photo album of the build and I have never seen anything that matched the work on this truck.

I think it was driven to Paso from Tenn. if you have never seen it before it is an acurate 3/4 scale of the original

Attached Files:

2. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I remember reading somewhere about a guy that had built several 3/4 scale cars and trucks like that. Everything was spot on, just smaller. He was a big guy, 6'2" or so, and looked funny getting into the 3/4 scale car. Can't rememeber now where I saw that, but if I remember right, the guy was from TN. Maybe it was the same guy?

3. Rick S

Rick S

The guy that built that little Chevy pickup shows up here at the Back to the Fifties every year. Here's another one of his little cars that he drove. The car is amazing. He's a really tall guy and watching him get in and out of that little car is pretty amazing. Don't know if I'd want to drive that from Tenn. to MN...

Attached Files:

4. not that one guy

not that one guy
    from So NV

Do you have anymore pics of that truck?

I've tried an Internet search but couldn't find anything

There was a reference to a magazine write up.
    Thanks

5. RayMiller

RayMiller

That little 39 is the coolest thing I have ever seen!

6. no other photos I wish I'd had the foresight to photograph his photo album. every panel looked like a waffle of welds. he takes like 1/2 inch out every 2-3 inches across the width and the length of every panel, fender, door, hood roof. must have a half mile of welds then paints the sucker black. so many people walk by without a clue. my jaw dropped to the floor. and i've never seen it in print

7. A Rodder

A Rodder

WOW! That is impressive

8. I remember that being a magazine feature, just can't remember what publication it was. I remember the only thing that was not scaled down was the thickness of the grille bars, hence the reason there is one less than the stocker. Thanks for the picture, I've thought of this truck many times through the years.

9. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

Wasn't it scaled to actually fit an S-10 frame? I remember the magazine arcticle.

Blue

10. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

there's a thread on here somewhere about the guy with his name and more pics. keep looking, sorry dont have the link

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, that was the original AD Chevrolet pickup on an S-10 frame. He cut it down so it would fit on the frame right. I probably have the magazine that it was covered in stashed somewhere.

12. Ol Dawg

Ol Dawg

These are really neat. It just shows the amount of talent, and patience, that's out there.

13. 48stude

48stude

I'm pretty sure that Terry Steagal is the guy that built that Chevy truck. He is a top of the line metalshaper. Bill

14. not that one guy

not that one guy
    from So NV

thanks

I found a link Searching that Builder

http://steagallfabrication.com/article2.html

15. hershambob

hershambob

saw a couple of cars like that at goodguys scotsdale a few years back,sameguy???