Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Official Jalopy Showdown Thanks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, May 19, 2008.

1. Thanks again Larry. See ya at The Beav for sure!!

2. Posted this on another string but Larry warrants another posting, AND a supreme vote of thanks to a great time and great show.
    We appreciate the time that you and your crew put in for a truly unique event.

[​IMG]

3. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks Larry!!! Nothing better than a heading east for a REAL hot rod show !! Good to see some old friends and make some new ones!

4. 1low52

1low52

Anyone who has ever been responsible for putting on a rod run/fest/cruze/etc. can really appreciate the stress and hard work that you folks endure just so we can enjoy the best show around.
    From the moment we got there on Friday (in the rain) and left on Sunday (in the rain) all that we had looked forward to from last year to this was realized and more.
    Everyone who enjoyed this weekend be sure not to miss the drags this year. Just like the Showdown it was fantastic and I'm sure it will get better with age.
    Thanks again. Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise (maybe even if it does) we'll see you all next year at the Showdown.

5. It was the first time for me at the showdown, and it definetly wont be the last. Had a great time and if you didnt drive the track, shame on you, it totally ruled. I was afraid my piece wouldnt make it, but after sitting for the past 20+ years, I think it did an awsome job! My twins had a blast too, expecially getting to watch from the flag tower! I am sure that they will remember the trip forever.....The trip home is always the worst part of the weekend. I spent most of the time daydreaming about Oct and the drags..... Let me know how I can help out next year....It was great seeing everyone....

Don

6. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Thank you Larry...it was a GREAT time!
    I will never miss one, now
    it just has a different vibe than most other car shows...it prevailed at the drags as well, and I love it.
    It feels communal, casual...not a "tight" sense...
    its all like a hot rod woodstock and sheite!;)

at any rate...its the best,
    ...and We'll see you at the drags in the fall...

7. Scott_Rod

Scott_Rod

"hot rod woodstock". That kind of fits, doesn't it? this isn't a "show", it's an EVENT that just shouldn't be missed. let's hope the vibe is contaigous. we should spread it around at every other show that we all go to!
    Larry and Kim, thanks for ANOTHER great year - there hasen't been a bad one yet! It was good to see the event raising $$ for the museum . Ya'll do a fantastic job keeping the atmosphere just right for the enjoyment of all !!
    The best part was the hot laps in the "crazy bus" with Lynn Paxton !
    Boy, that donation in the bucket was the best "E ticket" ride anywhere. We even roped Scarry and Kim into the late Saturday "quallifing " pass. I'm stilll laughing about it! Paxton calls out - " OK, if we take out the fence, you guys split the cost!!--- AND DON'T SIT IN THE BACK, I CAN'T GET HER SIDEWAYS ENOUGH !!" And damned if he didn't try his best. Junior is yelling "POSTS!! I want to buy some fence POSTS!!" Best time ever, Larry !!

8. gas pumper

gas pumper

I gotta thank you ,too, Larry.

I went to Latimore in 2001 for the Inliner's picnic. The same day was EMMR track day. I couldn't believe the amount of old race cars that did HOT laps, not just parade laps. Well, I NEVER thought I'd be able to make laps on that track. I've been a fan of dirt racing since the 60's and have worked and crewed a little, but never drove on a dirt track.

Thanks to you. I've now made laps there!!!

This is the most fun you can have in a car with no back seat.

If I'm not on your don't run list, I'll be back next year in my little red T.

Every place I go that has Hamber's involved is a great event. If it's the HAMB & Scrapple's, Nostalgia Drags, Showdown, The Geezer's, It's always great because of the attitude of the HAMB and other like thinking people.

Thanks again to Larry and his Crew

Frank

9. Had a great time. Met some really good folks. Saw some really neat rides. Destroyed a good pair of shoes and enjoyed the hell out of it! Thanks Larry and crew for everything you do......Don.

10. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

great show, it was my first time, brought the wife she even had fun. we were supposed to go camping for the weekend but put it off with the weather that was coming friday, she asked me why we didnt go camp there. the dirt laps are cool, but i guess you gotta keep a tight fist with it, people could ruin that one real easy. i really didnt know what to expect, i searched here and still had no idea, i wasnt sure if it was going to be 25 hambrs cars and a couple guys eating off a little charcoal grill or what. figured we could see some of the other attractions in the area, worst case. as long as that show goes on, ill be there.

11. johnnylonghair

johnnylonghair

DOUCHEBAG

12. johnnylonghair

johnnylonghair

aND JUST REMEMBER ''SIR LARRY'' WE HELP BECAUSE WE WANT TO...

13. Rain...what rain? A good time was had by all. Thanks :)

14. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

thanks again larry for a wonderful show ! i love it and wouldnt miss it for the world . always have a blast

15. BigDanF4i

BigDanF4i

Don had plenty of time to daydream, we had some Sprinter woes and the trip took nearly double what it was there.

But even an 11 hour trip home was worth it.

I say it everytime I see you Larry, Thank you, and thank you to all the volunteers that make this show possible. If there is anything I can ever do to help at this show or the Drags, please don't be bashful.

We had a blast at 10mph in the mud, but we made it without calling the tractor.:D

16. THOMAS S&C

THOMAS S&C

Thanks to you and your crew Larry! Once again a great time!!

17. sumo

sumo

Thanks Larry alway a pleasure working for you!!

18. 39sledge

39sledge

:Dhey sumo nice boots:D

19. Tony

Tony

Yes, i am....thank you..........i'm buyin another wagon...that home wrecker is some bad juju!

20. kingwm33

kingwm33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Delran,NJ

Thank You Larry, Kim & crew!! Cruzin" through the rain from Jersey on Friday, camping in the rain , Saturday's sun & mud, what a better way to gather a bunch of Old time Hot Rods! I met alot of real cool rodders and venders and will be there next year for more fun!!! THANKS LARRY !!!!!

21. Thanks Larry and the rest of the hoodlums.

Here's a shot of Larry showing us how to signal a Left turn.

Attached Files:

• JS9.jpg
      JS9.jpg
      File size:
      72.1 KB
      Views:
  22. timebombkustoms

timebombkustoms
    from Indiana

This was a great show a big thank you to larry for doing such a great job!We will be back next year for sure.

23. :D What a great event. Thanks to Scarry Larry, Mrs. Scarry, and all the crew:p At one point I just wanted to run into the mud.......Well NOT.....But the atmosphere there was sure catchy.:rolleyes:Very few people I saw that did not have a grin on most of the day......:pHey Larry.....Thanks for the great time provided by you and your helpers...We had a really good time!!!!;)
    Sandy and Woody

24. sawzall

sawzall

thanks larry.. good time as usual.. in about 10 more years you'll have the entire process figured out.

25. Blk210

Blk210
    from New Market

Best show ever hands down!! Waiting till next year is to long, i have never met that many like minded people at one time, atmosphere was awesome, does anyone get together more often or cruise weekly? if not something like that should get started. THanks again, awesome time!

26. plmczy

plmczy

Thanks guy's for the great show. When we left there was a trail of mud clear out to 15, funny as hell. Larry if you need help you know how to get a hold of me. Get well Pat. later shawn

27. roadesigner

roadesigner
    from Hartly, De

OK, The Right Reverand and I thank you as well, can't say any better than what has already been said. Thanks to the crew, the ones I know and saw did
    a heck of a job, while having fun. Planning on the drags. Find time to come
    south.....

28. Buildy

Buildy

This was my first Jalopy Showdown-it is now on my calender to do every year.
    Thanks Larry,and all those who make it possible! Most fun show I`ve ever been to!

As an open wheel racing history fan,I`m glad it helps the Museum,too. That place is priceless,and right in our own backyard,so to speak.

29. tjm73

tjm73

The pics make the event look incredible. I hope to attend next year.

30. As I got ready for the drive up on Friday I had a few folks say "Yeah, the weather forecast isn't so good, are you SURE you want to go up?"

To which I said... "OF COURSE! Now I really want to go!"

Larry has the best gig in town, because his show is only BETTER when it rains!

Thanks for the best showdown yet!

Stacey