Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Official Jalopy Showdown Thanks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, May 19, 2008.

1. scarylarry

scarylarry

Well, the Showdown is finished, I finally slept all night, I lost 5 more lbs. (lots of thanks!!), my blood pressure is back to normal, and we've raised lots of jingle for the museum.
    I had this grand plan for handling the extra campers Friday but not for the inch and a half of rain! Friday was NOT a good day for me. I was so stressed for a variety of reasons that I was convinced this was my last show. Saturday turned all that around when everything actually worked out pretty good. The infield was a little messy, but considering the rain we had I REALLY lucked out. Everyone made the best of it and I thank you for the support. I only had one car I had to throw off the track for being dumbasses. I thank my wife Kim and our "staff" of volunteers that come back year after year for a t shirt and free lunch. There is a handful of them that I COULD NOT do the show without. When they quit or cant do it, the show is done. They are HAMB'ers and know who they are. Thanks to Curt for the best art year after year. Thanks to everyone that camped that cooled out after midnight and did not leave me a mess to clean up. As long as those two things are done I will do all I can to provide free camping. And finally thanks to everyone that have a multitude of shows they could pick to go to throughout the year (and at the rate of fuel prices and just generally the cost of going anywhere) they drive for hours to come to our little show in a muddy field. The payoff for me is that now ANYWHERE I go to a car event someone stops me and says they have the most fun at our show. Thats still the best for me. See ya at the Drags in the fall!
    Get well Skate Fink.

2. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

thank you Larry
    another GREAT show....nothing beats it

Zach

3. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Thank YOU Larry!!!! And thanks to all that help you put on this show.

4. Spike!

Spike!

Hey Larry,
    Thank you for putting on the best show in the country, hands down. I was at another show yesterday, and a guy comes up to me and says " Tell Larry I missed my College graduation for his show, it was worth it".

I know you get stressed out seeing how big the show has grown, but as long as the attitude of the people stays the way it has been, and it still has the same feel, you'll be OK. People really respect this show and respect you as well. I even gave a little speech to the Deadbeaters about the subject. I'm sure everyone would hate to lose this amazing event. See ya soon,

Spike

5. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Thanks to you, Larry! I wouldn't miss it, I wait anxiously all year for it. Excellent show again!

6. sdfs10

sdfs10

Thanks Larry. It was a wet ride on Friday to get there but it was worth it to see everyone play in the mud. I had a blast and it was good to meet some of the other H.A.M.B.ers!!!

7. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Oh yeah, no question about it! I missed my commencement for it, my wife was sick and had her graduation for her master's degree on saturday too... Needless to say, she was at the showdown instead!:D:D:D

8. THANK YOU! Larry, Kim, and the HAMB crew for allowing us juvies to come play in the mud. You folks are the BEST.
    Viva La Presidente' Larry
    Frank

9. FeO2

FeO2

Larry, I always feel bad for you having to Work on the most fun day of the year. I have so much respect for what you do that I thru myself off the track after only one lap,to save you the aggrivation......

10. LOWDUG37

LOWDUG37

To you Larry and all your crew,thanks again for another good time.The weather always seems to break on saturday enough to get the show in.A crew of us drive in from Connecticut for the last 4 years and we would'nt miss it.Keep it going.

11. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Had a ball, great to connect with the cars and people from this site. Also hooked up with Inliner's that I met in '98,'99. Great event.

I pulled out at 6:30 AM Sunday morning and the track, infield and camping areas were almost litter-free. MUCH thanks to the organizers and the VOLS for doing a great job.

12. 39sledge

39sledge

great show larry had a blast.

13. Curt Six

Curt Six

That show has the best vibe....something you could tell by walking around that infield and seeing all those killer hot rods (and a few customs) sitting in a couple inches of slop and everyone's wearing a big grin on their face. That show runs so smoothly and everything is so well coordinated, it's almost like you planned it that way Larry! Thanks to everyone involved for putting it together each year.
    Curt

14. evol55

evol55

Thanks Larry. This is always a show i look forward to. It is the best show around. Always a good time and nice good people to meet.

15. coop31

coop31

Larry, Killer show, had a blast , talked to alot of really nice people and saw some cool cars. Count me in for next year for sure! Many thanks for all the effort you and Kim put forth, my hat is off to you all!

16. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

Larry, from the small group of rodders from western PA and N.W.V., a big thanks to you and the great help that you are so lucky to have and to the EMMR, a BIG THANKS !!!!...Hope to see you in the fall at the Beaver.

17. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

First off, it was nice to meet you finally.
    I really wish I had gotten there earlier but was glad as hell to just get there. I don't think I have seen a more friendly bunch or as happy a bunch as the campers who were left Saturday evening.
    Thanks for putting on what looked to be a great event. My hour there was far more fun than the 3 days in Ocean City. I'm looking forward to Showdown 2009

Thanks for all your hard work...IMHO, you did good !!

18. 53 Kaiser

53 Kaiser
    from York, Pa.

Larry & Kim, it still feels like a honor for April and I to help out with the show. It is the most fun work I do every year. I am amazed that the show gets bigger every year but the hassel stays at a very minimum. That is a big thanks to those of you who understand the beauty of this show and how special it is and how quickly it could go away if things get out of hand. I was going through stuff yesterday and I found my first years photos. Everyone was muddy and had smiles on their faces. Things didn't change except for more mud and smiles this year. Thanks also for letting us do the food on Friday. It was a lot of work but also a lot of fun. We hope everyone enjoyed the food. For us it is great to see people we might only see once a year and have become friends with. For April giving away the door prizes and for me greeting at the gate and getting to flag. Thanks, I have the best seat in the house with listening to the Diamondheads while cars roar by flinging mud. I hope to see everyone at the Drags in a few months. Larry your stomach should not be churning for 11 more months. Pat, Get well soon, It is not the same with out you. To everyone else, Thanks for coming! Scott

19. hot rod surplus

hot rod surplus

thanks larry for all the hard work you and your guys do , also thank paxton for me for the cool trip in the museum. thanks again

20. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

bsl - i agree with scott, it is an honor to be asked to help out, and a privilege to work for the promotor of the best and most unique show east of anywhere - lookin' forward to the drags in october, but can't wait for the next 11 3/4 months to fly by 'til may 2009 - thanks my friend - get well big pat, we missed you - big john

21. hey thanks for a great show I can honestly say that was the coolest show I've been to ever cant wait til next year maybe I can get the rest of the ny road rats to go next year thanks larry and everybody else

22. Scott76

Scott76

That was an AWSOME show. Thank you very much Larry. I took the wife so she could enjoy it with me. We had a BLAST!!!

23. haring

haring

Thanks for another great show, Larry (and everyone else who helps).

I enjoy it every year.

I arrived late on Saturday, around noon, just driving my late-model truck, and the show is so big now that I parked all the way back at the drive for the museum. That's a lot of cars and people, but as long as every respects the show, it will always be one of the favorites for the year. It's unique.

24. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

I waited 12 months for this show. Now im waiting again. Thanks for all your hard work. Im keeping my mud on the T for the annual Memeorial Day Billet fest here at home!

25. AstroMonkey

AstroMonkey

Thanks a lot man. As always it was awesome. One of if not the best show I go to every year.

Now I just need to find a way to cut out of work early to so I can get all the mud off my car.

26. sxdxmike

sxdxmike

the showdown has become christmas morning for me :D

27. truly a great show, we get better photos at latimor than anywhere else
    hope we left some mud there for next year

Attached Files:

28. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Thanks so much to everyone for all the hardwork to make the Showdown what it is. Matt and I had a great trip in the '32. I'm pretty confident it was the longest trip the car has had since coming home from Cali in '59! It was great to camp with the Rochester boys. Couldn't have asked for better company!

It may have been my first Showdown but it definitely won't be my last! :D

29. retro54

retro54
    from PA

A great show, a great time... Thanks Larry for the Hard work and the determination to make sure things run right.... and thanks to Lynn Paxton, a good ol' racer and certainly the patron 'saint' of the show.

30. Tony

Tony

No no Sir Larry....Thank YOU..and crew..