Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Official Bead Roller Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, Jul 22, 2011.

1. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

There are a ton of home made, beefed up and custom bead rollers I see all over the HAMB. Let's gather them all in one thread. Let's see what ya got!

Here are a couple I have come across

2. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

3. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

4. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

5. Here's one we made that ataches to a planitary roller...........could be made to operate with a crank also.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

I don't have a picture of it but I recently seen one at a tag sale.
    The top roller was about 9' in dia. with a 1' high half round "bump" in it that fit into the lower roller.

The shafts were about 3' dia. steel and the frame was made of 1 &1/2' steel.

It was home made and would probaly bead 3/8' steel.:eek:

I passed on it because I diden't have a truck heavy enough to carry it. :rolleyes:

7. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

8. shane, why don't you go to YB any more? lot of people been looking for you over there...

9. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

mine, with some paint.

Attached Files:

10. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We should leave all that over there...

-Abone.

11. all what ? some guys asking for info about equipment ?

12. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There was some drama, which would be very un-HAMBlike, but I think the situation is now resolved.

-Abone.

13. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

I like it!

14. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

My cheapo.Canada's version of H.F.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

alanp561 likes this.
  15. Heres a powered one I made

[​IMG]

16. lrapso

lrapso
    from Costa Rica

That mine in the process of make it, 2 plates 1/2" inch <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Attached Files:

17. un-HAMB like, lmfao....

18. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

This is mine,HF based beadroller.It needed some reinforcement because there was a slight bending issue with the frame while rolling.I've made some dies by myself and it has worked fine.I know its a kind of low-tech,no motors or anything else fancy stuff,but it was a really handy tool when i fabricated new floorpans for my shoebox.
    This is an old pic,the crank is now replaced with a huge steering wheel from some 40's-50's bus.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. '51 Norm

'51 Norm
    from colorado

englishbob,

what is the steering wheel on your roller off of? There is one just like it being used as a valve hand wheel at one of the power plants that I work at and I always wondered what it came from. BTW the power plant was built in 1949 so it isn't a real hot rod.

Norm

20. Jim Stabe

Jim Stabe

Here is my HF unit that has been beefed up and powered by a HF 12v winch motor. I use one of their emergency start packs to run the motor. I like the winch because it has a spool disengage that allows it to spin freely (to pull cable out of the winch quickly). This feature allows me to disconnect the motor and use a steering wheel for the tight and intricate parts then go back to powered mode for the straights and lomg runs. I made a foot pedal out of the hand controller so I have forward and reverse at the touch of the toe. The sprockets and chain are from Surplus Center

DSCF0597.JPG

DSCF0596.JPG

Bead roller 5.jpg

Bead roller 4.jpg

DSCF0600.JPG

21. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

I am such a "klucking futz" that the thought of a powered bead roller makes me want to put my hands in my pockets and keep them there, the steering wheel trick works great, mine was from a '53 chevy truck.

22. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

It was in an old Dodge truck i picked up but guessing it wasn't stock so I don't know.

23. 1slikwilly

1slikwilly
    BANNED
    from Oregon

nice job,, where did you find the gear reduction motor? and what is the ratio? would like to do that to my roller

24. bump
    this is was one i have deen lurking around for

25. fbama73

fbama73

This is what we did to improve our HF cheapie. Made the frame first, then added the 3/4 hp DC motor with 60:1 gear reducer. It can really creep if you need it to. The black switch on top is for direction change, and it's a detented type switch, so there's no chance of going from forward to reverse too quickly. It's stopped and started by a foot switch.

[​IMG]

26. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

i have a cool baleigh bead roller that i havent even got to use yet! might have to make a truck bed soon so things might change real soon!!

27. KrisKustomPaint

KrisKustomPaint

Here is mine:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

alanp561 and Motorwrxs like this.
  28. Mine. Going to change out the crank for a wheel and modify the tension/pressure adjustment. At some point it will be powder coated.

Attached Files:

29. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

30. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Here's an old Niagra bead roller set up with a speed controlled motor retrieved from a plating line shaker setup...belt driven, the setup used to have a Pexto 622 on it but the Niagra unit is heavier and has a deeper throat. Will easily do 16 gage, and goes so slow you almost can't see it move if that's what you want. (enjoy these threads)

Attached Files: