Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. We are busting Wyoming's ass right now. About 250 from Cheyenne.

beebee78 likes this.
  2. powrshftr

powrshftr

It's 11:53,I just pulled out of my Dad's shop with the tow rig after thrashing to drop the exhaust,correct some wiring snafus,install my fiberglass bumper,and wire my borrowed Autometer tach.
    Tools are loaded.Jack is loaded.Gopro is loaded.

And I'm sweating like a priest at a Boy Scout jamboree and ready for some cold water,a shower,and a couple hours sleep before I come back,get Dad outta bed,and wake everyone within 30 miles when I fire up the Shaker to load it on the trailer with the headers uncorked.

My Friends....Life is GOOD!:D

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. powrshftr

powrshftr

More importantly,I wish you all a safe trip and good luck at the Meltdown.

See y'all there in about 12 hrs!:)

Scott

4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Was going to bring some beer from Mo but looks like the holiday pack is getting short. IMAG0523.jpg

5. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

It's 4:45 AM. I'm drinking coffee and eating shredded wheat. My trusty sidekick and bodyguard, Jim, will be here in a few minutes. It's soon time to get in the GMC and hit the road for Byron. See ya'll soon!

KUSTOM 50 likes this.
  6. koop13

koop13
    from Wisconsin

Salt flats-

Since it is the Meltdown, you should treat yourself to the High Life.

As a wise man once told me, "I wish someone would put that Budweiser back in the horse"

7. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Scott that was the beer I was going to bring too share.

Holly crap this morning cam fast.

8. powrshftr

powrshftr

Ya got that right Brother!

Scrambling to load clothes,Hemi heads and cranks for the swap meet,and run a couple errands in town before I shoot out to the sticks to pick up Pop and drag that Ol Racecar down to Illinois!:)

Scott

Ps,gotta change the oil before we Git!

9. koop13

koop13
    from Wisconsin

As hard as it may be to believe, the weather forecast has gotten even better for the event. That slight chance of rain on Sunday has decreased.

If anybody was waffling, now is the time to look in the mirror, dig deep, get your sack back from your wife, load up the car and get to the Meltdown!

With that, I close and I myself am off to the Meltdown!

KUSTOM 50, 91whitestang and beebee78 like this.
  10. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

We're all loaded up just need to put the car on the trailer and head north.
    But first need to get the boss to understand we need to hit the road and get out of dodge.
    My wife and I both work for my youngest son so I think We'll be on the road by 1 pm or so and in the gate by 8 if all goes well.
    Getting real excited about our first Melt Down can not wait. Everyone be safe on the road look forward to seeing you all. Ron

11. 62Furious

62Furious

I am on my way for a weekend of fun in the sun

12. Going thru North Platt Nebraska now, and every time we stop for gas, we seem to loose 15 minutes or so. Now, we are looking to be in the gate by 6pm. At 2:30 am, I was riding shot gun and mentioned hearing our little brother Jason snoring while he recharged his battery for his next turn at "FleetWanda's yoke. Marc says, "oh no, that was me sleeping, but I'm dreaming of towing the '56 to Byron Ill. with your RV, so its all good!

13. Red71

Red71
    from Illi-noise

Love the play by play you all are making, and the sacrifice you have made to do this.
    Hope to meet all of you guys . Some of us are close enough to be stuck at work and make this trip
    in a few hours.
    Hope all have a safe trip. Feel free to stop me in my 57 or stop by my camp. We are staying all 3 days. I use the 57 as my cart to get around the track , to slow to make a pass.
    Jim.

14. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Red71 how long before the Olds makes some passes at the Meltdown? Bill

15. powrshftr

powrshftr

Oil changed,car loaded,on the road.

Crossing the Bluewater Bridge in 10 minutes,Michigan then Illinois!

Scott

Ps:Ric,I think Marc has a pretty solid game plan there....I mean,what could possibly go wrong....?:D

16. Red71

Red71
    from Illi-noise

was realy looking at this year, but I bought a 10sec. 64 Olds F85 I built for
    a guy 7 years ago. It has been sitting for that long also. I wasnt able to get the rims and hood changed
    out to fit rules. But I havent forgot about the AWB 65, just time . I will be kicking myself after this weekend
    no doubt!!

17. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

Ohio Outlaws headed out this afternoon, see ya there!

18. Good luck to all! I will be thinking about you guys all weekend. Have a fantastic time, and be safe. Mikey.

19. Saxxon

Saxxon

16 hours later the 4 sweaty guys from Winnipeg have arrived !!

Just had a quick nap, shower and we'll be looking for some lunch that's a little more substantial than Twizzlers, Jolly Ranchers and 5 hour energy. Then it'll be time to wander over to Byron to officially pass through the hallowed gates for Meltdown 5 Yeee Haw !!

20. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Damn boys I'm still at stupid work just dying for 5 to get here so I can load the Willys and head north of course with my luck something will go to hell at work and I'll have to stay late god I hate working for the man I can't wait to get to the meltdown come on 5 o'clock

21. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Are the goodie bags for the first 400 handed out at the gate or over by the MDA tent?

22. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

Goodie bags at the front gate, were there currently. Roughly about 100 cars through the gate already and racing doesnt start till noon tomorrow! Get here this is epic!

23. 55chieftain

55chieftain

I'm stuck at work, can't wait.

KUSTOM 50 likes this.
  24. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Bags are all packed, spending the night over at dads so we can get up and head out bright and early tomorrow morning. See y'all at the Meltdown Drags tomorrow afternoon!:cool::D

25. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

East bound and down loaded up and truckin. Meltdown here we come

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1405644662.225034.jpg

slim53 and plumbid like this.
  26. powrshftr

powrshftr

Holy shit!Just stopped at a gas station in Rockford near the hotel to gas up the tow rig and the Shaker,and a car full of guys starts honking at me and waving me over....

Long story short,my Dad and I just shook hands with Ed Iskenderian and Bones Balogh!!!!!

Ps:Bones is just a little guy,but he is intimidating as shit.That is one serious lookin' old guy!!!

Scott

beebee78, loudbang and 1bad32sedan like this.
  27. Truck and trailer loaded,car is in garage for the night. Tomorrow a.m. load car and here we come! Meltdown 2014!!!

28. edweird

edweird

win , loose or draw I wish all the southern boys headed north a safe and healthy trip. GOD SPEED YALL !

29. edweird

edweird

IS THERE GONNA BE ANY LIVE COVERAGE?

30. Chris Whitney

Chris Whitney

Will there be any Live coverage?