Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. I cant see nothin but yer avatar let me see yer car!!!!

2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I will probably get blacked balled for it but here it is. IMAG0520.jpg

slim53 likes this.
  3. COOL! A pal o mine had one of those new! A yellow one with a fold down rear seat!

4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Thanks been fun getting it out of retirement.

5. powrshftr

powrshftr

They're a badass looking car for sure Saltflats,and with those moon discs on it there it looks all business!

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

The Chevy II is loaded in the trailer. Early tomorrow morning I'll aim the tow truck towards Illinois and get down the road. Should make Byron by 5:00-6:00 PM.

beebee78 likes this.
  7. koop13

koop13
    from Wisconsin

Safe travels everyone. I heard that one part the California contingent is already over the Rockies and now ready to watch a few hundred miles of corn.

No excuses to miss the event...

KUSTOM 50, 91whitestang and beebee78 like this.
  8. 9sectruck

9sectruck

At Dublin airport sinking a cold Guinness Chicago bound.............. Excited

9. Super/Stock Poncho

Super/Stock Poncho
    from Missouri

Some good numbers should be laid down with the not so hot weather. Looking forward to my 2nd Meltdown.

Model A John and beebee78 like this.
  10. Can't wait! Myself and two others making an 8 hour drive from Canada to spectate. Short in comparison to others!

Anyone know if wifi is available at the track?

11. koop13

koop13
    from Wisconsin

Twoponchos - To my knowledge there isn't wi-fi at the track..

12. Well we left a little later than planned (3am), just coming into Utah now.

beebee78 likes this.
  13. Yesterday, I finished putting the fire wall & trans tunnel in just before dinner. After dinner, fill fresh water tank in RV, load car, more RV packing, and tools. Well my last trans tunnel dzus fastener bit the main ignition wire and smoked to relays. Good times, hit the freeway at 3am instead of 10-11pm!

beebee78 and II FUNNY like this.
  14. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Looking to head out early friday morning and will stay till sunday. I've only got a 3 hr drive, i'm really impressed with the level of commitment for the guys with the long haul. The anticipation is killing me right now. I won't have any internet access once I leave home friday, if someone gets together to head out to the burger place give me a text please. 309 256-2176. Thanks, Bill

15. Bull

Bull

We got the tranny back in the Rude Stewed last night. Made a couple easy laps up and down the frontage road to the shop. Still got some leaky valve cover issues to deal with but the car is loaded in the box and set to leave at 9am tomorrow. We'll deal with the valve covers at the track tomorrow afternoon or Friday morning. Can't wait to get there and experience all that is the Meltdown Drags!

beebee78 likes this.
  16. jimmy1931

jimmy1931

John, be safe and have a great time! Look forward to seeing some wheels up pics in a few days.

Model A John likes this.
  17. ET

ET
    from MO

Tuned up Sunday, finished a few details Monday night - Plan to load tonight and hit the road from Kansas City early Thursday AM.

beebee78 likes this.
  18. koop13

koop13
    from Wisconsin

I just saw on Facebook that the Famoso Speed Shop is bringing their "One Bad Hombre" competition coupe. The guys are half way through their trip, just east of Denver.

Productivity a work is at an all-time low for me today...

beebee78 likes this.
  19. We are definitely hitting one or both the burger joint cruises

KUSTOM 50 likes this.
  20. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Going this year with one other guy. Can't wait to experience the meltdown for the first time. Should be leaving sometime Friday making the 6 hour trip down for some old skool drag racing this weekend.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  21. KUSTOM 50

KUSTOM 50

I went for the first time last year, And now I have it set as a vacation time for the next 2 years in advance. It is a great time and got me motivated to finally get my chevy 2 ready and hopefully be there next year

22. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Will they be tecking cars Thursday?

23. Saxxon, just outside of Fillmore, Utah, and just past a place right of I15 with a backyard full of Scouts

24. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

I hear ya, glad my day is done!!

25. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Hay Ric pick me up some good door hinges for a scout II

26. Rollin' early in the mornin' from N. Georgia, 'bout 11hrs o' road time.......worth every mile!

beebee78 likes this.
  27. Stude when first finished 009.JPG cruisin 002.JPG Stude when first finished 007.JPG Stude when first finished 004.JPG
    I love all the roadtrip info!!!!! Keep it comin!!! When are the cruises? I aint gonna git diddly squat done at work tomorrow(my Friday) then headin up Friday morn. See you cats there!!!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  28. powrshftr

powrshftr

Just heading out to Dad's to throw my borrowed tach on (Williamsons is rebuilding my old Sun tach but it's not done yet),drop the pipes,and take care of packing the tools up.
    Tomorrow we hitch up,stop at my place to load some Hemi parts for the swap meet,then we hit the road...

I'm like a kid at Christmas time!:D

Scott

29. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Just got 500 miles on new bullet in the tow rig changing the oil now and getting hooked up for an early start in the AM.

30. ...for anyone coming and arriving Thursday, Sam's Drive-in in Byron has there regular cruize nite on Thursday evening., so that will make 3 cruize nites there, starts about 5PM-goes til 8PM or so.