Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Here's a shot from about 4 years ago.....first Tow Package setup....the coupe I built and rebuilt, had it over 45 years....it was cool to show up this way, but I quickly realized that I had to have a "support vehicle" with fuel, tools and all of those etc things that one needs....so now it comes "in" a trailer(also because of the 2 miles of dirt road, it would get real dirty behind the coupe:eek:

Sure am looking forward to July and seeing the "Gasser Wars Meltdown Style:D"

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I bet you made quite the statement when you rolled in with that.

3. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

skotz, drag some of those croonies with you from down that way for this event! we will see you there look us up. mark

4. bfalfa55

bfalfa55

Can't wait to see all these machines in person, especially Wrenchbenders flathead Caddy ! I cleaned up my wheels. Hope to get tires mounted on them this weekend and if I get my lug nuts, I might just get them on the car ! Here's a pic, I think they turned out decent.

Attached Files:

5. Got anymore spots available?

Trying to get my friends Henry J back on the track after a 15 year rest!

6. Not sure I remember seeing 6 shooter slots before, they're usually 5 shooters! Cool, something different.

7. Scott, I have a 348 core...,hmmm.

8. powrshftr

powrshftr

I was just eyeballing a 481" W motor in the web last night.....Get outta my head Ric!!!! :D

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. Mark,
    First I tried to get the Flathead racer guys....they thought I was Nuts to go 1100 miles for a place to run....well, they aren't far off with the "nuts" part:rolleyes:...goes with territory .

Talked to Bill and Rick.....same first reaction....But....Rick is sort of wavering, so there is hope there....now I'm going to tell him that "you" are calling him out....no tricks too sneaky for me.....haha. I'm gonna have to check his rear wheels to see if they would pass muster....got any loaners, if he needs some?

I will definitely look for ya up there....are you bringing the Monster Hotrod truck?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  11. Thats it.....I looked at them 3 times, and was wondering why they stood out.....cool wheels

12. bfalfa55

bfalfa55

I bought them from a fellow HAMB member. They are American Dragmasters. They were only made from 64-67ish. They made them in 14 and 15 inch. Sizes 6.5, 8.5 and I believe 10.5 and 12.5, bigger sizes I not completely sure of. Mine are 15 x 8.5's. The TIMEKEEPER 56 Chevy that will be at the Meltdown has a pair on the front. They are different for sure!

13. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Hey Quain, are 16x10 wheels legal for you group? I have a possible source, but they are all 16" diameter.

14. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Yes 16 tall is fine.

15. 62Furious

62Furious

bfalfa55 Those are cool wheels I don't recall ever seeing 6 holes with 5 lugs, they are different, so do you have skinny's for the front or are you running steelies

16. bfalfa55

bfalfa55

I have 15 x 6 M/T Raders on the front. It's kind of hard to tell from my avatar pic. When I finally have the rears mounted I will take a new pic of the car.

17. Danny G

Danny G

I have 2 of those 6 window wheels 10x15 and on the back they have American racing and also occupied japan. I called Romeo Palemedies many years ago and he said most were made in his garage but he had some cast in Japan

18. powrshftr

powrshftr

Do they seriously say "occupied Japan"......cause that is some crazy shit,but cool as hell.What a piece of history!

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

19. Danny G

Danny G

Yes that is what is there, I tried to take a picture of it years ago but its not very deep and don't come out very good. That is not all that rare I have some ceramics that belonged to my mother and it has occupied japan

20. powrshftr

powrshftr

Danny,
    That is really cool!Thats the first time Ive ever heard of that term being used in everyday life.
    Ya learn something every day,:)

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

21. 62Furious

62Furious

I have seen ceramics with occupied Japan, for my grandmother loved that stuff. But I have never seen any auto parts with the label.

22. Danny G

Danny G

I do remember there was a big push in the early to mid 50s to help rebuild Japan ,and all the countries torn up by the war. I have a set of staggered hole Edelbrock valve covers with Japan cast inside so I know that's why they did it and a lot of our toys came from Japan and people griped about Japanese junk the way we gripe about stuff from china

23. Danny,
    Now you are bringing back memories about Jap Junk:D

24. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

I will take the Jap junk over the Chinese - really junk stuff.....LOL
    So sad....

25. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

This may be the best... or worst induction decision I have ever made, but to me it sure looks good...

Meltdown Drags
    July 18-20 2014

Attached Files:

26. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Looks like a good call to me all business.

27. Don't know what stroke crank you have in that beast, but get ready for an BOAT LOAD OF TORQUE!.., with that runner/stack length, you might have to put some small red lights on top of the injectors to keep planes from crashing into them. The look really cool!

28. powrshftr

powrshftr

Holy crap that looks MEAN!

That thing's gonna wanna flip the car on its roof when you stab the throttle!:D

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. "The Terra Firma Terror"

30. Now that is a good looking setup...I think it will be one of those "best" decisions.....says "go fast x 2"......see, I can say good things about "those engines with valve covers":rolleyes: