Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Saxxon

Saxxon

Yes that's the truck in question... the tool who IM'd me has nothing whatsoever to do with it, but appointed himself the boss of everybody else's everything in the entire world....

I'm finding humor in the situation by the way... I find it funny that I'm getting attention from the turbo elite crowd

I actually have no intention of replying... I don't need to fuel the narrow mindedness. As they say ... stop making stupid people famous

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  2. powrshftr

powrshftr

What a maroon.....tell him he's not the boss of you,and he can't tell you about farm trucks until he gets a farm truck that's farm truck-ier than your farm truck is!:D

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Super
    Canadian
    Outlaw
    Ultrasonic
    Truck

Pretty sure, with your converter sorted out..,your "farm truck" can take the sweat out of the pizza delivery truck.., and you got a straight axle, and he don't

Now go away!, little internet wannabe boss man flea!, before we taunt you a second time! Your mother was a hampster, and your father smells of elderberries, & we fart in your general direction!

Davies
    Attack
    Vehicle
    Engaged

4. powrshftr

powrshftr

Digging the Monte Python reference.Just sayin.:)

Also:

Savage
    Combat
    Operations
    Until
    Tank is empty

Scott

5. Saxxon

Saxxon

I'm not the least bit intimidated about this guy... I think it's funny as hell. Especially since he probably drives his aunt's Honda and thinks it's a performance vehicle.

Love the Holy Grail reference... pretty sure we're going to get along famously

I invited said basement dweller / Honda driver to check out the Meltdown and come see my version of the Farm Truck... He wanted to know if we were going to have an Outlaw 10.5 class. I said "No" but were are going to have 2 of the best gasser shootout events that you will ever see... Here is his reply" (I added the x's)

"Fxxx you I'm not driving 2 hours unless there are fxxx'n turbos and nawz. you assholes race old stuff cuz you don't have what it takes to run with real race cars."

After he told me to Fxxx Off for correcting his "Nawz" reference... I asked him what he drives ... this is where it gets entertaining

"86 notch bitch. I got 4 500 kits on a 308 Proline with stock suspension on true 10.5's. goes 4's bitch"

Besides the 4x500 kits... ok so far... sort of... but here comes the next PM

"I go 4.13 last weke and they said I was too fxxx'n fast for 10.5 bitch told me to run promod I said fxxx that real fxxx'n men run 10.5 bich drive this car on street all the time cops let me cuz I'm too fast to catch bitches leave me alone cuz they no im to fast for there shit and there to fxxx'n scare to come after me bitch so take your want to be farmtruk and sit on my (Y...B...) fxxxk'n finger and rotate

I corrected his grammar, told him punctuation is his friend and asked him to say "Hi" to his Mom for me. I anxiously await his next installment

6. Saxxon

Saxxon

Oh yah

S pecially
    C onstructed
    O utlaw
    U tility
    T ruck

7. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Damn you got there feathers ruffled up on the outer side of the fence now.

8. S cout
    C lobbered
    O ther
    U nderpowered
    T rucks

9. Superior
    Canadian
    Outlaw
    Under
    Taker

10. powrshftr

powrshftr

So this fucktard claims he's running 2000hp of nitrous on a .040" over 302.
    And that he runs in the 4's.

I think this guys Mommy worked in the uranium mines.

Why do these tools feel the need to make up completely unrealistic lies about the shit they don't actually own?

A guy who ACTUALLY street races the thing would go the other direction,and say "Naw......it's just a stock 5.0 with Flowmasters..."

Sounds like the lil feller needs to go back to building cars on GTA 5 like my 11yr old StepSon does....."it's got the best tires,the best motor,it's armour plated,it's the fastest car ever.."

:D

Scott

11. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Ok guys got some braking news. Well maybe not news but I have the rear brakes ready to install now on to the fronts.

Attached Files:

12. powrshftr

powrshftr

Good plan......I just finished getting mine back together a while ago,and am I ever glad I spent the time on them.

It's easy to spend money on the glory parts that make hp,but sometimes we have to force ourselves to spend some cash on more mundane shit.

I'm sure we'll both be happy we went through our brakes when we can both take the first exit to the return road,instead of two-footing the pedal and hoping that prayer will assist in getting the Ol Heap whoa'd down to make the turn.:)

Scott

13. Just confirmed, this funny car will be at the Meltdown!

Don F. has the original Out of Sight Racing 1967 Camaro Funny Car. It has not been seen since the 60's at a drag strip. It is one of the first 3 cars to go over 200 mph. This car ran 4 abreast with Chi-Town Hustler, Ditmars and Pelligrini at Byron Dragway. That same day it went on to break the 200 mph barrier, which Isky proclaimed to be the first funny car in one of those famous Cam Wars advertisements.

Attached Files:

14. koop13

koop13
    from Wisconsin

Awesome, this event just keeps getting better.

15. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Be kool as hell to see that one make a pass.

16. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

WOW, just wow!

17. bigslim55

bigslim55

I have to agree with Uncledirty, WOW!!! It's sad theirs INARTICULATE TOOLS like that out their that have NO RESPECT for the DRAG RACING HISTORY! NO RESPECT for the MEN & WOMEN that keep the HISTORY ALIVE! Either by putting on EVENTS like this or finding, building or restoring old metal! He obviously doesn't get what the Meltdown is about!!! Jimbo...

18. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Write him back and tell him that I represent every old car racer from the meltdowns and if he thinks we don't have what it takes to race with real cars that I have a 63 vette that I will race anything he has anytime, the bet will be at least $10,000 (depending on travel distance) and it won't be a make believe reality show.

19. I stopped going to the street races, when living brain donors like that started showing up. Remember, these days, they all talk crap, and try to anger you into a race you cannot win, or they just lie like no tomorrow, so they can feel like a big boy.

20. There ya go!

21. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Nice car but isn't the criteria 1966 and older? Once you start making exceptions where does one stop?

22. We feel we can let period correct cars in that are exceptional exceptions. We feel that every person there will want to see this car run. In a sea of 500 + cars this one will blend in. We will run him with the feds that are slightly too new. All stuff that everyone will enjoy. Btw 1966 and older has been the cut off for door cars since year #1, anything newer must be approved.

23. Wedgehead426

Wedgehead426

I can't stand this waiting anymore. 3 1/2 months to go. Christ, this is almost as bad as the countdown when I got out of the Army!

24. don f. was one of my crew members. his car is the real deal. it is the original garcia brothers car out of california. it is a rare example of a transition car. the short period in drag history where the cars were making the transition from modified stockers to all out flip tops. the car is fiberglass but only the front clip flips up. very similiar to bruce larsons camaro. we spoke on the phone last week and i asked him to bring the car to the melt down. this will be a rare treat to look back at the funny car beginnings. the car is a no expense spared rebuild. he has owned the car for a long time and has put in the time and effort to display a exeptional car everyone will drool over. for the time being the car will see cackle duty only as it is brand new and pefect. as time goes on the switch to nitro and track time will come. so a pass at the melt down will not happen sorry to say.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  25. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

That's cool. Can't wait to see the car.

26. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Brian, is this car kinda that same set up as Arnie's '66?

27. Saxxon

Saxxon

Just an update on my PM exchange I have been sharing... I've decided to drop these updates from this thread as well as the HAMB in general. I have deleted the last post I put up as I feel it really goes out of bounds for this forum.

One of the things I have appreciated about this board is that we don't get into bashing and crashing into each other. I'm obvioulsy baiting a keyboard hero who is lying through his teeth, and, in my opinion, this is doing nothing to promote the Meltdown or to promote the positive aspects of the HAMB board in general.

It serves no purpose other than cruel entertainment. Not that I am oppossed to that from time to time, just not here

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  28. saxxon,

you realize this is some snot nosed punk who doesn't know if his ass is punched or bored. Instead of walking around the meltdown with a hard-on looking at all the nostalgia he is trying to hold his pants up.

This will be my first time at the meltdown and can't wait.

29. powrshftr

powrshftr

That's a pretty wise move Dave.
    Although it is fun to torture a lougan like that who just wants to start trouble,and is unable to back up his yammering with any actual accomplishments,requiring him to resort to outright lies and crazy bullshit.

But you are very right:

Slinging shit with a chimp like that will just detract from the Meltdown,not elevate it.

You're a hell of a man doing a hell of a job Davey!

Can't wait to tilt a few with you,Ric&Marc,and about 2 dozen other high quality individuals who will be in attendance.:)

Scott

30. Good move, your only wasting oxygen, and keyboard mileage with guys like that. You led him to the waters but he ain't ever gonna drink.