Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. bfalfa55

bfalfa55

I agree and am game for helping out. I don't have much but I have a few things I have kept just for getting a few bucks or to barter. Rather see someone use them then have them collect dust.

2. That's the spirit! A couple weeks ago, I trip on a thread called "pay it forward parts", by Olescrounger. He had a really nice used 55-56 speaker grill assembly for FREE!, you just pay the freight. No one claimed it, so I volunteered to own it for our 56. He sent it with a $6 and change shipping fee and his blessing. I checked his posts, and its not the first time he's done this. The thread I found with the speaker grill, he also gave away some nice used 40 Ford tail light bezels, and an ash tray I believe. I am inspired to do the same, but thought instead of starting a new thread, maybe try it out here. So, throw it out there what do you have or need to get to the Melt Down Drags.., sorry Johnny Rotten, I don't have any spare new floor mats! (that was fricken funny by the way).

3. We always have said that the Meltdown Drags is put on BY HOT RODDERS FOR HOT RODDERS.

And YES it is completely cool to network in order to help get fellow cars completed and ready for the drags. If people are looking for particular parts, just ask as we are all into the same vintage stuff. But instead of posting it in this thread, we already started for sale and wanted threads on the Meltdown Drags social group here on the HAMB.
    Here is a link to the group: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=717

I also recommend subscribing to the group so when stuff is posted, it automatically notifies you, just like if you subscribed to this thread.

Thank you for your offer, that is really cool of you - two thumbs up!

4. Oh man am I in deep crap now. I just joined The Melt Down Drags Social Group, and have to get OK'd by, The Inlaw. Sure glad I haven't disrespected his Fiat, or anything.

Forgiveness
    Is
    Always
    Terrific

5. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Got some parts in mid Mo chevy ford mopar Pontiac and more HELP some one for sure. Just PM our how ever.

6. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

Has anyone camped at Lake louise? It is supposed to be 5 miles from the track. Just wondering if it was nice and had a good shower house.

7. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Very nice idea Ric, my pleasure smack talkin with you. Marc, will be my pleasure meeting both you and your brother.......its going to be a blast.

8. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Same here Johnny! You're not so rotten after all!

9. yup, Lake Louise is just across the river to Byron and a short hop on Route 2, nice place and I'm sure they have what you need; it's a busy place during the hot months.

10. ..,hey man, you got change for a penny?

11. And now he comes back crawling.....lol

12. dblgun

dblgun

I'm in for that also, I have some stuff taking up space that may be useful to someone. Once I get approval to join the group I'll help out.

13. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

It's a little farther away, (18 miles), but White Pines State Park offers camping as well as cabins. https://dnr.state.il.us/lands/landmgt/parks/r1/whitepns.htm

Not sure if they would like car trailers being there, though.

14. Hey, I got a Holley Pro Ram for free.., oh crap, I forgot, that's dblgun's, I better check with him first.

15. Dude! I wanna join the group already! How long are you gonna hold me in the impound yard before I get approved?

Fastest
    Injected
    Altered
    To date!

Fabulous
    Impeccable
    All
    Tered

Found
    I'm
    Accused
    Today

Farts
    In
    A
    Tin

Frankenstein
    Is
    A
    Tator tot

Frank
    Is
    A
    Tosser
    (sorry Frank who ever you are)

INPAUL.., I'm waiting man..,

Fudge
    Is
    A
    Treat

Flatulent
    In
    A
    Time capsule

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  16. powrshftr

powrshftr

BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Ric:
    I'm guessing that a cutaway drawing of your head would look like a SUPER elaborate version of the board game "Mousetrap",powered by a medium sized nuclear reactor,all in the front yard of Pee Wee's Playhouse....:D

Scott

Ps:
    Somehow that was meant as a compliment.....lol!
    You're definitely thinkin' outside the box Brother! :D

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. I'M ACCEPTED IN THE SOCIAL GROUP! YEA, WOOOHOO, THANKS INPAUL!..,hey, why do I hear crickets.., where is everyone, and where did all these tumble weeds come from?

18. Thanks for the compliment Scott..,ssshhhhh..,

20. Chassis shop date pushed to Monday on account of rain.., no fair putting weather voodoo on me Saxxon, Scott, uh.., everyone from the North.

21. powrshftr

powrshftr

Don't worry Ric,
    I'm fighting with bad Mojo too.....drove an hour and a half round trip to get my springs re-arched today,wrestled around on the floor of the ingrates storage locker to get them back in place,and they seem to have not affected the ride height at all,and have moved the tire closer to the front of the wheel opening,because I never elongated the hole in the spring perch with a die grinder before I re-installed them:(

DOH!

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. Time for some..,Gabriel HyJackers! You could swipe em from Starsky & Hutch's Torino, or maybe Huggie Bears van?

23. We are all getting our stuff ready for July!

No rain here... but we did get a little more snow last night...:rolleyes:

HA HA HA HA HA :)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  24. Your a good dude Johnny, and you can dish out and take smack talk with the best of em.

25. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

Just got my entry for the meltdown 289. The wife made reservation for a room in Rochelle. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. Ron

26. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

I haven't been on a drag strip sense the early 70s so if you see a old guy thats a little rusty. Please cut me some slack and stop and say hi. Ron

27. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

carpok it will be hard to spot you in the 80+ tri 5 chevys that will be there...what color is yours?

28. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

Wow that's a lot. Mines white it's a Jr stock , modified production, super stock wannabe. I lived thru that time and loved them all.
    Last time I was at a track I was flat towing with a 63 Impala. Ron

[​IMG]

29. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

A 55 with a front bumper...I thought they came from the factory without one. At least thats what the Koop's say:D

I love the MP look with the bumper and stock wheelwells as much as I do a Gas Version. Nice looking car.
    MELTDOWN DRAGS
    JULY 18-20 2014

30. koop13

koop13
    from Wisconsin

Carpok-

The car looks great and welcome to the Meltdown.