Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. warrant

warrant
    from Canada

So, a semi off topic question, how many people dress the part? That is beyond any costume contest.

2. bfalfa55

bfalfa55

I wondered the same thing warrant.

3. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I don't dress the part I live it you will see when I roll into the meltdown in the Willys with the dragster in tow if you don't believe me ask Kerry I believe in white crappy t-shirts blue jeans with the cuff rolled up and a greasy pompadour just think John Milner and you pretty much have it that's what I am on a daily basis

Chrome don't get ya home

4. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

I have some slots in my garage, i think they are 15x6 tho, i will check tomorrow.

5. Eric & Paul (maybe others on the Meltdown crew) looked the part in their white shirts, pants... very 60's. ...there may have been others, just remember these guys.

The pin-up girls dressed nice, here's last years winner with HER 55 Chevy. (don't know the guy)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  6. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

7. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

I'm going to add "Byron or Bust" to my Evil Twin Shirts that I'm printing in July.
    Supporters interested in helping me make the trip to BYRON IL. for the Meltdown Drags in July can help by buying an Evil Twin Shirt, $15 for adult Small to XXL and $20 for 3XL & 4xl ea. Shirts will be printed in July and delivered to the ev...ent. For $5 supporters who are not local or going to the event can have their shirt shipped at the end of July. If for some reason I fail to make it to Byron I will ship your shirt and pay the shipping out of pocket. PayPal payments can be made to [email protected] or send to Rocky Phillips 1879 E Adams Ave. Fresno Ca. 93725. Rocky

Attached Files:

8. Room booked at the Red Roof Inn $165. Gene Cromer donation $25. 2 Evil Twin t-shirts $30. 5+ hour drive to the 2014 Meltdown Drags as a 1st time spectator.................priceless.

Rocky - plan on handing me the shirts, not shipping them to me. You can do it!

9. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Thank you Plumbid! I'm truly excited about the trip and joining like minded Drag Racing fanatics! :D I'm committed.....or should be!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. Rocky,
    Money for shirt "to help the cause" is in your paypal account
    Any thoughts of "adding the body" on the next run of shirts?
    And while I'm on the body subject...about how much is it going to weigh/add to the car?
    Again, looking forward to meeting ya.....cool ride

11. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Thank you Skotz! Thought about new art but the cost may prohibited it.....Paul did send me the Meltdown logo which will be added. Not sure about the weight but it is adding up :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Just measured them, they are 15x6

13. bfalfa55

bfalfa55

DAMN IT ! Thanks anyway Uncledirty ! I am still on he search. If you find somebody with something, let me know.

14. ...just bolt some 8" rallys on the rear...

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  15. There ya go!

16. Saxxon

Saxxon

Very Cool !!
    Can't wait to meet the current version...

[​IMG]

17. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

I see there's a few guys wondering if it's worth the long haul to go to the Meltdown. I live near Wichita, KS, and towing 3 hours to Mokan or Tulsa to race seemed like a long ways to me. So when we made the 11 hour tow to Byron I felt like we were going to fall off the edge of the earth before we got there! But man , did we have a blast. Going back again this July. There are some Meltdown racers who make my towing distance seem like a short little drive. If you're into true vintage drag racing, you need to go to this event. It will change your life for the better, believe me!

18. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

<HR style="COLOR: #e5e5e5; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    With permission the Meltdown Logo will be added to the Evil Twin Shirts being printed in July, GET your order in when you can, they'll go to print the first of July and few extras will be made! Thank You Paul Z & the entire Meltdown Crew, and supporters who are helping in my 4000 mile round trip to the Meltdowns!

Attached Files:

19. bfalfa55

bfalfa55

I didn't want to because it just isn't different but I will if I don't find something. I know a local Corvette/Camaro shop and I got a good deal on 4 Aluminum Corvette Rallyes from him.

20. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

You can always just do stock steel wheels on the back....5 spoke American mags on the front with steel on the back....looks awesome!!! And period.

21. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I am just drilling my draglites and putting on moon covers. I would like to find some more correct wheels but if I spend money its going to be on things that make me go faster. Oh and rebuild the brake system so I can stop this big pig.

22. bfalfa55

bfalfa55

I'll find something. I kinda like my M/T Raders on the front. I think they are kinda rare. 15 x 6 with a 5 1/2 bolt pattern. Used thin wheel adapters to mount on my stock front hubs. Came of a friends Dad's 34 Ford Gasser he ran in the mid 60's. They were a good score, FREE !

23. So did everyone here the BIG NEWS on who will be our special guests this year???????

24. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

25. Saxxon

Saxxon

Some clown in California who keeps sending me pics of paradise while I sit through yet another snow storm ??

Here's a pic of the current status... expected to keep coming down for most of the evening

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  26. powrshftr

powrshftr

Dave:
    I feel your pain Brother....here's a shot out my back window.
    And yes,it's as cold as it looks. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1395017915.644768.jpg
    On a lighter note,going to look at a better prospect for my A/FX project when I get home.

Scott

27. powrshftr

powrshftr

So,
    Aside from Rocky and Gene and Quain.....How much more "Special" can the guests get...?:D

Scott

Ps,on the other side of the mountains in the photo I just posted is the Arctic Circle.
    Brrrr......

28. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Nope...there are two guests, and both had huge parts in early drag racing.

MELTDOWN DRAGS
    JULY 18-20 2014

29. Saxxon

Saxxon

Chris Karamesines and Tommy Ivo