Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. powrshftr

powrshftr

Now shit is gettin goooooood....!!!:D

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

3. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Hey pasty rider, sounds like you're riding alone. I have your other three horses, along with several hundred of their buddies under my hood. You are welcome to ride behind us. "South will rise again" , I sincerely doubt it.

4. powrshftr

powrshftr

I'm having a tough time finding any cars as SLOW as mine to set up some races with.....anybody running real high 13's....?
    I know,I'm already hanging my head in shame,you don't have to rub any salt in the wound...Hahahaa! :D

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

5. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

powrshftr....there will be plenty on site....don't worry you will find someone...13...NO SHAME at all.....in the 60's especially that was a great time!
    (thanks for the compliment also)

6. powrshftr

powrshftr

I'm like a kid waiting' for Christmas over here Koop!:)
    I have a very long list of little gremlins I want to correct on the car before July rolls around,but I'm working 75 miles south of the arctic circle,so I don't get home often to get wrench time on the car...:(
    Wait til you see what I'm bringin' next year though......;)

Scott

7. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Well it looks like it's on, the south east gasser have been challenged to a north vs south match race. I was not sure if I was going to have the money to make the trip but now that Rotten Johnny has called me out I'll borrow the money if I have to, I'll be there. But I'm bringing the gray car Johnny Did I beat you so bad that it knocked you color blind. Oh yea it wasn't a bad light I told you that I was going to spot you the pro mod wheelie bar that's on your car so that's what I did. The Executioner won't be so kind next time.

8. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

^^^^AWESOME^^^^

Meltdown Drags July 18,19,20 2014

9. Stuwillys

Stuwillys

Great news, loved watching Quain run.

10. What are those axle housings for? Olds?

11. More big news on a group of cars attending. Can't let the cat out of the bag yet though. Just added a bunch of cars to the pre registered list, who is next? getting close to 200.....

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  12. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Guys&#8230;.WOW is all I can say. From the very humble beginnings of the Meltdown in my basement so long ago&#8230;it looks like 2014 is shaping up to be by far the biggest and best MD to date.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    There is some amazing news on people attending this year&#8230;..most recently a group of Blown Injected Flathead rails and altereds&#8230;&#8230;AWESOME! <o:p></o:p> Also a group of 60's drag bikes.
    Thank you from the MDA, myself and PAUL to all of you who are working hard out there making phone calls and getting the right people to this event and making the Meltdown a true&#8230;.Hot Rodders for Hot Rodders drag event!!! <o:p></o:p>
    Amazing things happening and it is NOT even Feb yet! <o:p></o:p>

13. lots of trash talk here on who can beat who. I'm waiting for some one to call some one out with some money on the line. thats what separates the men from the boys.

14. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

I sure hope not........when money gets involved, it's no longer fun. Thats what happened, and ruined racing in the past. I hope we just keep it to trash talking.

15. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Meltdown Drags is not about money but about fun. I think Joel you should bet something like looking for Union and Confederate hats and loser wears the others hat and takes a picture for the HAMB.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. powrshftr

powrshftr

That sounds pretty hilarious!:D
    I agree about the cash......I would rather spend my money on MY car,not on somebody else's car...:)

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

17. i think we have our answer.

18. Ill run you if are you actually going to have your coupe at the meltdown this year? Since we have similar setups should be a pretty good race unless you are changing it up this winter I know you were talking about selling your carb setup. Don't see the need to throw money around at the meltdown Drag racing is my hobby not my job. :D

19. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

The Gasser wars made the Gassers popular in the 60s, looks like we are going to do it again. The Executioner is sharpening his axe, The pale rider is target practicing, the Reaper is making his list and the white trash is going to clean up the bloody mess when it's all over at sun down.

20. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

I agree on the money thing. Been in too many hobbies where it was about money and who could write the biggest check. Were all here to have fun. As for challenges, I challenge Johnny Rotten to a drinking contest. Oh wait, I think we did that a couple years back and lost, never mine. LOL

21. 9sectruck

9sectruck

It would be awesome if you could get The Moonlighter to the Meltdown Drags too Quain.
    If I can get the airfare together, I'm gonna try to make the trip over from England to see this one, you guys are having way too much fun.

22. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

I'm too broke to bet any money. What little cash I'll have with me will have to buy gas to get back home to Kansas! That said, I'd sure like to pair up with some AWB's or gassers that run 9's and race for bragging rights. How about it?

23. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Right on....the reason the Meltdown is a success is because we keep the money hungry guys away.... I go to work to make money, I go to the MD for fun!

24. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Too Bad Rob Bruce sold his GTO.....Too bad

25. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Somebody slap Rotten Johnny around a little and wake him up he responded to me with a little trash talking but it's on the wrong thread. Put it over here so the fine folks going to see the race in question can see it Johnny. It's here if ya'all want to see it.http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=330058&page=9

26. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Heck. I responded to a glass body or steel on a pieorid correct gasser, let ME post here
    "
    STEEL IS REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Id rather have a steel car with long wheelie bars than a glass car with short wheelie bars IF the question is witch is more authenic........
    For the record, it dont matter because the ONLY REAL AUTHENIC CARS NOT UPDATED DONT RACE, pieorid. Every nostiliga racer has new parts on their car....motor, tires,trans. So you cant race a original with original parts
    I have a glass bathtub that looks like a old clawfoot verson, is it new, old or something I soak weary body in, I dont cars as long as Im clean when I get out. "

I thought the RITE post in the rite thread.........BUT
    I think you willy looks a lil like my bathtub........

27. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

28. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Slap in a motor and trans and put a W emblen on it........yer redey to race

29. Quain, if you need traveling money, I'll put some on "your horse"! Johnny obviously doesn't realize that last year he was given a "gentlemen's handicap"(even though you then chased him down, which is even a bit more of a bitch slap on the neck. Did you know that in the Spanish language, No va, means won't go..,hmmm just saying. Maybe you could get there a day earlier and teach the Rotten John how to do a dry hop too. :)

30. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Heck, thats mighty nice of you!! I might decide to send Quain some travel doe just to make he's there to get the ass wippen he's in store for !!
    Quain, instead of bringing that hi teck massive semi hauler, bring an old open trailer, that way you can come in pieorid correct trim and I'll put you on that ol nostiliga trailer on the way out. Now thats what I would call "pieorid correct".
    Bring it out, I;m counting the days. Rotten