Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. powrshftr

powrshftr

Whooooo.......!

That made for some goooooood readin'!:D

This is by FAR the most fun thread to read on the entire HAMB!:)

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

2 more donations FINN & Dan.....NICE job guys....keep them coming!!

3. Danny G

Danny G

What is the altitude of Byron ?

4. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Guys...I just have to say....AMAZING...more than one guy who made a donation mentioned they are currently out of work and managed to scrape together some funds to make a donation....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU....

Anyone left want to see Gene Cromer at the Meltdown 2014.

Paypal - as a gift....

[email protected]

e underscore K above

5. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

MORE donations.......Art, James, Ed, and Rich V.
    Rich V.'s was great....."Support the Cause" Thank you sir!!

You guys are rock stars....THANK YOU for helping get Gene Cromer here.......RIGHT ON!

6. Ha ha, I can take it. I prefer
    Fix
    It
    Again
    Tony

Anyhow, it is all Chevy underneath. It is actually fast when the Hilborn decides it is time to run. Hard to stop a 1340 lb go-cart with 400 + hp

7. Yeah, and that's why it needs to be fixed again :p

:D

8. DDDDOH!
    Fastest
    Injected
    All
    Turd

Dang bad voice's, always whispering s&*t talk to me. Sorry again INLAW,

Gimme alittle bit, I'll come up with an acronym for Dodge.

9. Davey,yer Prefect? Whose ever tis...I love it! 9" or Olds?

10. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Move the seat over 10" (er...25.4 cm lol) put a 4 speed in it and run with the North! I dont think you could get further North. ;)

11. altered59lark

altered59lark
    from cincinnati

Would anyone be interested in doing a match race against my studebaker gasser? It's a 4 speed and fastest I've had it is low 12s. Let me know and let's have some fun!

12. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Mike if you dont mind me only having only 2 pedals I would like to have a go??

Jon

13. altered59lark

altered59lark
    from cincinnati

14. There will be hundreds of cars there, running anywhere from 6 seconds to 20+ seconds. We love each and every one of them.

'slayer' runs a 4 speed black & white valiant and has similar ETs and my coronet runs similar times too

lots of cars to choose from in the 12's. Go out and mingle...;)

The cool thing about the Meltdown Drags is everyone is laid back and willing to race anyone that wants to run them. No egos, no attitudes, and most importantly, no whining.

15. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Mike and I are going to have some fun so where are all the 11 and 12 second cars and lets hear from the cars in the other time ranges of 13, 14 and 15 thats what makes the Meltdowns cool, no matter what time you run you can match up with somebody.

Jon

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  16. powrshftr

powrshftr

13.50-14.teens here.....any takers...?:)

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

17. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Power shifter sounds like we will be a good race hell the Willys pickup just looks fast as hell but then again I don't have any timeslips just yet either lol

Chrome don't get ya home

18. altered59lark

altered59lark
    from cincinnati

It will be my first time at the event and I can't wait! Just want to have fun with good people that like the same stuff!

19. Saxxon

Saxxon

31 spline 9 inch with nod center, 4.56 and housing brace. The Prefect is ours... we are building it match race the Scout locally and for my brother Paul to drive at Meltdown. It's an all steel budget build using what we have in the shop so it has steel floors instead of aluminum, steel heads , plastic fuel cel... etc. It'll have no troube getting out of it's own way as the 358 sbc is a dirt track motor we got cheap. In it's original 12.5-1 single carb configuration it made 505 hp on the Dyno. We've added a steeper cam, bumped the compression to 13.4-1 on alcohol and added the Hilborns. The math says mid to high 9's but we would be happy with 10.0's

Here's the build thread: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=637427

Ooohhh touchy issue with us... We screwed up when we ordered the frame rails and set up the chassis The step up sits too far towards the front of the car so ... we have no room to put the seat to the left... hence the center steering... Not a day has gone past since the trash talking has started that we haven't regretted that mistake. We even have a Nash 5 speed and shifter available locally for a decent price... it's killing us.

Maybe next year if the planets align and I find the right project. 2 years... almost for sure... I'll be there in full Southern Gasser compliance

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  20. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

Gonna try to come up from Texas, if I can make it, we can go a round. Best I have gone is 11.70's

21. A 4 speed Stude in the 12's you say? Lets have a go then! My Valiant runs mid 12's with a 4 speed.
    30dodgeboy and myself have enjoyed many close side by side passes. Most of our passes are so close neither of us knows who won till we get our time slips.

22. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll play, 37 Ford 4-speed car. Best time is 12.1 but more typically runs 12.4/12.5. I've been trying to nudge it into the 11s for the last year.

23. powrshftr

powrshftr

That sounds awesome!

It'll be good to finally meet and say hi. :)

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

24. Man, looks like there could be a bunch of 12 second stick cars! There's gonna be a bunch of grudge matches (maybe a little side betting) there.

Scott, which car are you bringing, running gear etc.

25. powrshftr

powrshftr

Hey Ric,
    It's Meltdown friendly,but unfortunately not HAMB friendly:66 M****ang that I've owned since I was 18.289/4-spd,3.70 gear....it's the fill in car til I finish up the coupe.

I've been considering putting a little hotter motor and some more gear in it,but I might just leave it as it is and have some stress free fun:)

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

26. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

My old junk has had a best of 13.05 but I have changed the intake so maybe something in the high 12s but having to do the wheel change not sure what is going to happen.
    So any takers?

27. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Nice 37 Finn
    Altered 59......out of the box there, I love it
    Ive been to 2 meltdowns and had nothing but good times, but I think this will be the one to remember.
    When you get the leftcoast guys to crawl out to race, you got something special going on.

28. Which one of your cars you taking about, the Chevelle? What intake did you have, and which one did you change too?

29. I've always like those years Larks. There is a guy that cruises around my area in two tone pink & mauve Tudor Lark with grey center Torque Thrust D's. Its a cool cruiser.