Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Geez just when I thought the fun trash talking was going so well, you guys start getting all lovey dovey! ;)

2. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Thank you Eric for doing this. Just sent my donation. Ps you can copy and paste your email address to the paypal thing, so its pretty easy.
    pss. No lovey dovey here, still gonna blow the doors off one Pale Rider.

3. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Falfa-

That is a very honorable idea regarding Gene and I will be contributing as well.

The way I see this thread going we should make someone donate $5 every time they talk about their hemi...

You seem like a good guy Falfa... I may actually fell a little bad when I hand you your @$$ two out of three.

4. Way to go Okie Doker, I like your style, and I believe Falfa is a class act too!

5. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Guys -

Dave with the Scout,
    Jim with the red Corvette, and
    Joel with the 55.5 chevy....
    plus my donation.....
    MAKES....$300. GREAT START!!!

Please keep them coming guys......small or large every little but helps....
    Goal of $800- $1000.

Again...competition isn't what makes the Meltdown great - Great cars and THE RIGHT KIND OF PEOPLE involved...you are some top notch guys! Proud to be part of this!

6. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Thanks Falfa! I like yours too! May ride out with my brother Ric & Yesterday's Child, depending on logistics. If I bring a car then Yesterday's Child will have to ride outside on the open trailer. There's a big empty spot where the planned 555 is supposed to go in the 55. Time and finances are keeping that from happening. I have a 460 BBC on a stand that's meant for the 55 until the 555 gets done.

7. powrshftr

powrshftr

Now that's some funny shit!:D

This event is too cool for a dick measuring contest.Just enjoy it for what it is:possibly the greatest automotive experience EVER.

Besides,in a couple years somebody's gonna end up bringing out a 427 SOHC and scare the shit outta everybody anyway...!;) lol

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. Scott, Gene has one or two of those beauties in his stash, and sooner or later he might build a ROHC'M SOHC'M FE for The Moon Lighter. I think Quain should build one too, then The Executioner & Moon Lighter could be the SOHC'M SISTERS.

9. powrshftr

powrshftr

That's awesome.I'm collecting parts for my next project,following the coupe.Its going to be Cammer powered.I don't wanna say too much about it on here,but its going to be really,really fun.

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  10. Earlier today I handed Eric five $20 bills for the fund.

We all want to see Gene at Byron in July of 2014, so please put what you can into the hat to help Gene get there.

11. Way to go brother!

12. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

We are going to pass Erics goal for sure. I sent in $100 through paypal this morning and I know some of the other guys I run with are putting in too. To quote Mr.Cromer "it hard to race on social security".
    All of us know that travel, food, hotels,race fuel all cost, and he has a whole season ahead of him.

13. Saxxon

Saxxon

14. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Not to mention i don't think he even owns a tow rig anymore. I am just glad we could all band together and help bring him to the event. :D

15. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Right uncledirty the only Trailer he has is the one he used in the 60s,(he didn't sale anything) David Gregg has been kind enough to let Gene borrow his. We are looking for him a cheap enclosed, Melvin said he would fix it up if we could find one. I have Pale Rider on the look out for Gene a cheap truck also.

16. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

How cheap of an enclosed trailer are you lookin' for? I'm always scouring the internet for this and that and if I see anything in the neighborhood (financially & geographically) I can forward it to ya.

17. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

We just missed a 24' in good shape for $2600 right here in our back door, so something in that range.

18. Woo Hoo, We just topped 200 pre registered cars!!

Time to give away another care package which includes a free entry for one day to race, a $30 value and a 2012 dvd, large 2013 event shirt, and a patch. Who is the lucky pre registered winner between 101 & 200?

[​IMG]

19. Thank you. You guys rock!

20. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

21. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

By the way paul...did you know thay your beloved Fiat is an acronym:D
    Fix
    It
    Again
    Tony!

22. It will be epic, but don't underestimate the power of the MDA team...;)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  23. Bob181

Bob181

Man this looks intersting but it would be a long drive up there to illinois.

24. Translated into English by a colleague I was working with in Germany:

Fehler in allen Teilen = failure in all parts

:p

25. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Guys....was away for a while....WOW

THANK YOU to....
    Jon - Falcon with Great lakes Gassers,
    30 Dodge Boy
    Okie Doker 57
    II Funny
    Johnny Rotten
    elgringo
    $375 more.....and one guy didn't mention his donation amount...

$675 - (a little more once that check comes with undisclosed amount)

Lets shoot for $1000.00....or more make this happed for this legend...SO COOL!!!!

Can you spare $20- $25...or more it all helps....stay out of the strip club this weekend and join the cause!

26. Bob181:

Just how deep in the woods are you?

Many are driving from beyond the other side of the woods to get here.

27. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Well worth the drive DO NOT MISS THIS EVENT it's gonna be EPIC!!

28. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Bob181..... I am hoping our Canada friends and some others that made the long haul several years in a row will chime in here.....this is a WHOLE HECK OF ALOT more than a race....I can guarantee you attend in 2014 you will be building your 2015 schedule around attending again......am I wrong...anyone anyone

29. What pains me the most is that it is now a Chrysler product. :)
    At least is has a Chevy in it and a Gentlemen Joe Schubeck chassis under it. That takes away some on the pain.

30. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

That makes you and A.J. brothers in iron. Don't let him near it or he will have one of those Chrysler boat anchors in it.:D