Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. powrshftr

powrshftr

There's a couple of mine in there!Thanks!

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. cs39ford

cs39ford

Cool There a lot of photos Even mine

3. yeah no problem great to meet you and thats really cool. ill be on my dads ass untill its ready for next year, and hopefully he will let me jam the 4 gear down the track lol

4. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Thanks for the link, few of mine in there also. I really liked this one, could have spent a long time looking over this car. It was right in front of me , just had a ton of really nice work done to it but left the body alone.

[​IMG]

5. Danny G

Danny G

The corvette was just bought out of Long Island by a friend of mine.Its a old race car out of the 60s that the engine and trans have been updated and everything else is pretty much the same.

6. hallrods

hallrods

AJ told me about the melt down and how cool it is thought I would check it out. Wow was he right! I felt like a fat kid in a candy store every were you turned there was something cool! I've been to drag races before I've been to car shows and I've been to swap meets well this topped them all. We camped on the grounds so much to see and do we never made it to the drive in after the races. Saturday we were sitting by the tent already planning next years trip and a nice kid on a mini bike came by and thanked us for coming WOW is all I can say. It's also nice to see pictures of all the cars we came with on the hamb
    Thanks for the best car experience I had this year!
    Jack

7. Still looked like you got a "Win" light in spite of the issues!

8. That kid is mine and I am very proud of him for doing that on his own. Nice work David. I was impressed.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

beebee78 and 30dodgeboy like this.
  9. hallrods

hallrods

Great Kid he seemed proud to be a part of the melt down crew you guys all did a great job

10. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Looked like it was running good in our book. Great to meet and talk Pontiacs with you.

11. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Just like a Mopar to beak down before a race!! LOL That would be cool to have both cars on the line. Seen some video of you racing Zombie in years past. Not sure about the race, you might have to give us 3 or 4 car lengths!!

12. If we do a 2015 event, it will be 1966 and older cars only. Period. We will not have the 1967 Camaro again. We are going to try to to be 100% on this one. Wheels will be 100% this year including dragsters. If you car is too fast to make a wheel change then the Meltdown will not be for you. These two points are going to be enforced because of the overwhelming amount of complaints about them. Please tell your friends. You cannot have modern appearing wheels!!!! Thank you to everyone that came out and made this weekend special. A big thanks goes out to all the people the bought,borrowed or stole wheels to fit the criteria. We know it was a lot of you. If you need to change some things, you have a year to do it so start planning. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  13. i will give you ten. thats the norm for a pontiac race. if you had a ford it would be three. ouch. we have spent a lot of time trying to figure out how and when the car will come out. i hope it all works out. the kids are grown up now and i have more time.

14. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Thanks, likewise I can always talk Pontiacs and I love the Zettle Bros GTO.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  15. Bull

Bull

Anyone got a list of who took home those awesome looking trophies? I was so glued to the racing that I never got back over to the Meltdown tent to check out the trophies again . . . or check my raffle ticket numbers! DOH!

-Adam with the Scavengers Car Club and the Rude Stewed Gasser

16. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

We nearly missed the dragster raffle also. That is the only thing I would like to see changed, It would be nice if the drawing was at a set time when you buy the tickets

17. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Hey Bull did you give those drums to your tranny guy to buy you some bonus points?

18. Turbo Killer

Turbo Killer
    from Cincinnati

anyone know who the shirtless guy taking pictures was? He had a hotrod tattoo on his back and I believe it said vegas?

19. Bull

Bull

Haha. Not yet. I'm hoarding a couple until we get a few more events under our belt with the new power. ;) And thanks again for the special delivery! Hot rodders rule!

20. Bull

Bull

The shirtless photog was Chadly Johnson. Can't remember what he goes by one here, but he shoots for Traditional Rod & Kulture.

21. malibumonte78

malibumonte78

He came and thanked us as well. As he was about to pull away I said hey kid what is your last name because I knew he had to be a son of someone in the MDA. You should be proud that you worked so hard to put an event like this together and that he got to see it all. He will remember these events for the rest of his life.

22. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

These are not my original pics...I just made them look like they came from our target era...

Meltdown Drags
    July 17,18,19 2015

Attached Files:

beebee78, OldColt and 30dodgeboy like this.
  23. Turbo Killer

Turbo Killer
    from Cincinnati

Perfect, he snapped a few pics of myself and a few buddies at some point and I didn't get a chance to talk to him. Thanks

24. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

My crew and I had a great time at the meltdown as always but the rotten orange nova brought a nasty gremlin that wouldnt leave. Tried our best but couldnt find the problem.
    Was nice to see all you guys just wish we had more greet time than whoa time.
    Ive got to give Quain a huge thank you for spending alot of time helping us, a nicer person I know Ill never meet. You sir are a true southern gentleman and congratulations to you and your group on the north vs south shootout.....you guys are the best
    Dave sorry we didnt get time to drink your north of the border beer, next year for sure
    Thank you to all the Meltdown crew for putting this great dream in the reailty collom, all you guys did a outstanding job, again thank you
    One phraze I heard from a fan there that stuck was "I went to the bowling green event to see nostiliga racing, but I come here to see vintage racing and hell yes, its way better here"
    Thanks to all who put this on, it was a gas,gas. gas.......... John

25. Ralph

Ralph

We were part of the Canadian contingent. I came down with Gary with the red 39 Willys Sedan streetrod (Halibrand wheels). After a few disappointing runs we figured out the timing had moved on us. Fixed that, and Gary ran a personal best of 13.69, against the SkyRider blue 39 Willys, for the win! Not bad for a street car! Couldn't have slapped that grin off his face! To echo all the rest, we had a great time. Thank you, to the organizers and volunteers!

26. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Man I have got to go next year

Bean Dip likes this.
  27. the shadow

the shadow

Hey, Rocky I was wondering if you had any problems smoken the hides on a seasoned track? back in the 90's whe I was running my rail we used to have to line our rails up out of the groove, over close to the marbles on the oustide of the track to get the tires to smoke with out hooking up.

28. First class act. Thank you!

29. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

I just want to thank everyone involved in putting on this event, it was even more amazing then last year! Also want to give a special thanks to the Quain Stott and the South East Gassers for coming up North and putting on their awesome show. They shut out the North 12 to 4. I am not giving up hope, the North will Rise again!!! Hope to see and your group up hear next year! Saxxon, I really wish i had another day so i could have hung out more. Ps, i am recruiting for next year. I figured i would start early, hit me up if you are interested.

30. i agree with johnny rottens post the md was better than bowling green. i go to bowling green every year. its not a bad event to attend . i enjoy it every year. the biggest difference i see between the two events is the mb is more hard core. at bg there are too many modern looking cars that water down the event. i mainly go for the nitro dragsters and funny cars. I'm glad to see the md crew not caving into the modern cars. its very obvious there are plenty of people who want the real deal. the md was packed. not the watered down shows everyone else is putting on. its too bad good guys sold its soul for the almighty dollar. there was a time when they had a good thing going. the march meet is also a good one to attend but the md is still more pure. i have been to a lot of nostalgia/vintage races over the years and consider myself to be a tough grader. i was very impressed with the melt down. my new favorite show.