Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2013 Meltdown Drags thread, real vintage drag meet, July 20-21 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Feb 13, 2013.

1. ...I had this in the swapmeet last year...sold it the next day.

[​IMG]

2. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I picked up my spool and axles from Folk Race Cars after work yesterday from Brian Folk. He is the new track manager for Byron. I left him a couple posters for their race shop and he said he would hang one at the track. It sounded like there aren't any down there.
    He said he's really looking forward to this event.

Meltdown Drags 2013 July 19-21

3. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Rusty, Rusty....you got any rear fenders for a 37 buick coupe ???
    Been looking for a set, PLEASE let me know.
    We will be there with the rotten orange chevy II gasser. Im looking very foward to going again this year. Lost my barn in a fire this spring (lots of parts) and wasnt sure but its for sure.......Im goin to the meltdown
    [​IMG]

4. sorry,...no Buick fenders...

5. That is the problem with cool posters... they keep disappearing

6. Sorry to hear about your barn, but it is great news that you are coming back for more.

7. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Don't forget Quaker Steak & Lube THURSDAY NIGHT....June 27th....New Berlin, WI

Pre-Meltdown Car show and Hang out!!!! Be there or be.....you know!

8. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

9. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Look's like there is only going to be 2 gasser making the trip with me. Everybody else has had something come up. Donovan with the 4 speed anglia and me with the willys. I can't wait.

10. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

That's alright. After you guys get back home with pictures and video they will make sure they don't miss next year.

11. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Quain...sounds good man! A lot of guys up here excited to see your stuff and some kick ass runs!!

12. By any chance anyone comin from Minnesota near Northfeild who could haul a rolling 37 Chevy car frame (with orig. six/trans still in it) to the Meltdown Drags?...this is a long shot but if all the cards fall into place, I may need this chassis.

13. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Sam....Is there a new project in the works???? :D:D:D

14. Qoute: Sam....Is there a new project in the works????

...yup, always somethin in the works, but just depends how things go?

15. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

16 days and counting! Get out in the garage thrashing to get there early, don't want to miss this!

16. II FUNNY: Are you gonna be racing?

17. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Yeah, even if it looks like this:D

Attached Files:

18. Got the chute pack mounted and the anchor mount done hopefully I actually need it otherwise it will be just there for looks :D

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

19. superprojoe

superprojoe
    from Illinois

Sweet!:D

20. Saxxon

Saxxon

How the hell am I supposed to almost, sorta, at least in my own ever fading mind - think I'm gonna steal the show... if you lunatics keep building wild stuff like this ??

I may have to park the Scout just so I'll have time to partake in all the coolness

Wow...

21. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Speaking of making some headway, got the short block assembled today, waiting on pushrods so I can degree the cam . Icon pistons/ eagle h beams. 469 cid. Should have it running next weekend, nothing like waiting till the last minute LOl, at least i'll have a week of vacation to work out any bugs. Bill

22. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

AJ and I were with the Great Lakes Gassers last night at Union Grove.....they are excited for the Meltdown!! A lot of new stuff coming this year!!!

23. ....lots of Meltdown talk wherever I go lately; be prepared for a packed house!

24. Saxxon

Saxxon

We met a couple last weekend that are planning to attend with their Altered. They have been hunting hard for period correct wheels. I think it's pretty awesome that there is a 2nd group attending from Winnipeg.

25. 1933t

1933t
    from Buffalo NY

Wish ALL you guys a great time at your race this year wish I could get there maybe next year best of luck & have a KICK ASS time

Trouble

Attached Files:

26. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Trouble...next year man.....we want to see that sweet ride!!

27. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

ATTENTION:

If you or a friend sent pics but never got a response....PLEASE re-send...the email system crashed 2 times and some may have fallen through the cracks.

You should either get a response stating what needs to be changed or a pre-registration number.

Please let your buddies know if they got nothing ....we probably never got the email.

THANK YOU!!! 11 days to go!

28. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

Getting to be panic time! I thought for sure I would have a couple runs in on my Falcon........AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Still waiting on parts to finish!!

29. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

It was great having you out with us! I should have my new converter in, maybe 9s? =)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

30. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

Looking forward to seeing you run, beautiful looking car and looks like it's running pretty good as well.