Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2013 Meltdown Drags thread, real vintage drag meet, July 20-21 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Rusty1.....way cool did you find that out currently for sale? A little alteration and I can fix their mistake...LOL

2. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Shoe Box shootout.....I see this coming....anyone with a cartoon of a scared elephant and mice runing around its feet.

3. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

The last elephant I taunted, died on the dyno. Well that's what he said anyway. Besides A.J this HEMI is a Ford. I'll save the MOPAR bashing until it gets a little closer to July.:D

"MELTDOWN DRAGS"
    July 20, 21 2013 at Byron Dragway Byron Ill.
    www.meltdowndrags.com

4. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

5. Saxxon

Saxxon

I gotta get a logo like this... back in the 70's my Scout was labelled the "Elephant Hunter" in the 73 Hot Rod Yearbook.

Hey...if Boneshaker is too scared to show up and run with the big boys... he can always run exhibition with my little ol Farm Truck... Anyone gotta spare Jerico, clutch and shifter we can swap in for the weekend ??

6. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Laughing out loud.....

7. ...I found it my local Walmart last week, bought the 2 they had; haven't found any anywhere else but have looked at several other stores.
    Hope they do more stuff like this.

8. Anyone that wants a jacket hat or banner send me a pm. Very Limited quantities.

Jackets $55 sizes med, large, x-large
    Hats $13
    Banners $30 2'x3'
    all plus shipping

[​IMG]

9. Eric,...do you think you mite try that 55 Chev/Willys photo shoot I suggested last year?

10. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Rusty1 I am not sure I recall .....??

11. ...line up all the 55 Chevy gassers on one side of the strip and all the Willys on the other for a photo op.

12. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

The "Hot Rod Reunion" style photo idea sounds great, but having just two types of cars seems like a great idea if you own a 55 or a willys, but not for everyone else. I think if all the cars who make or attempt to make a pass get lined up for a photo that would be an awesome picture.

"MELTDOWN DRAGS"
    www.meltdowndrags.com

13. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

I'm with II funny on that one, why not include all/or everyone who works all year to get they're car ready for this event???

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  14. ...I agree, I just thot that mite be a hard task to accomplish; my first thots were that the Willys and 55 Chevs are the classic gassers, but then others mite not agree if you own a Henry J or Anglia or?

15. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

It would be a tough one to pull off, but imagine that photograph.

"MELTDOWN DRAGS"
    www.meltdowndrags.com

16. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Friday is a NON-Race day....we might be able to pull this off......group tri-5's together and Willy's, A/Fx....for a baddddd asssss pic....poster worthy for sure...

17. Red71

Red71
    from Illi-noise

18. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

No reason why we couldn't have everyone out there...hassle to do..but possible.

19. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

In case you were wondering, there are 18 days until the big test and tune session and 58 days left until the Meltdown.

"MELTDOWN DRAGS"
    www.meltdowndrags.com

20. Stuwillys

Stuwillys

This is my favorite event, cant wait.

21. Go out and buy the July issue of Hot Rod Deluxe and check out the awesome full page ad!

[​IMG]

22. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

I can't wait we have the 4 speed Anglia ready it will be there. I think that will put us back to 4 cars making the trip.

23. I know you didn't lose count.... lol

Are you on schedule to be running the ex-termite machine?

24. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I'm probably not on schedule, but it will be there even if I have to work nonstop.

"MELTDOWN DRAGS"
    www.meltdowndrags.com

25. Saxxon

Saxxon

The Scout is on schedule...I hope... If the planets align and the weather holds, I'll be shaking'r down this weekend.

Thashing like wildmen to get the Prefect ready as well. It may not be 100% legal but it could be / might be / hope its... running and safe for 1/2 passes.

26. Man, I keep looking at this and thinking "It's only 11 hrs to get there". I could pack bologna sandwiches, sleep in the back of the truck and smell real good by the third day...lol

27. Saxxon

Saxxon

Or... you come hang with us, use our hotel room shower, swap hot rod stories and partake in a few Canadian adult beverages...if you are so inclined. We're coming 16+ hrs... worth every minute and every dollar spent to get there. We're the idiot Canadians running Farm Truck eliminator...can't miss us

28. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

29. I saw that on face book, sweet run!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CTuhK3WoQSs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

30. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Swade you should make this event the top of your list for vintage drag events. You won't regret the time spent getting here.

"MELTDOWN DRAGS"
    www.meltdowndrags.com