Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2009 "Run What Ya Brung" Thread Drag Racing Reynolds, GA 9/26/2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MetalFlaked60, Jun 15, 2009.

1. vertible59

vertible59

Hey guys, what's the year model cut off for the show? Was talking to some guys about it and was asked the question.

2. '72

3. The US Kids will not be able to play. We will still be having a great time of meet and greet.Jimmy

4. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Don't worry about the band Jimmy, we won't miss it. Hell, I can catch any kind of band I want 7 nights a week, within 1.5 hrs of home. That ain't why we gonna be there! It's hot rods and customs, shows and drags.Also, you get to see old friends and meet new ones and party down with all of them!
    I myself prefer no band, the music interferes with the fun of bullshitting and benchracing.
    Dave

5. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

bands don't make the fun. just extra.

6. Btttt - Who's bringing what? Yeah I vote no band too, unless it's Lynard Skynard.

7. yah...283 or 383???

8. Update on shirts. They have been ordered and screen printer says he should have ready next week. We will keep you posted.

9. Or Wierd Al Yankovik!!!!

10. No band, No problem...

I'll just crank out some tunes on the ol' 8-track... blast them through my Kraco speakers... got to keep it traditional...

Good times, good times...

11. I got talking SMACK, then he called me ,,, AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW,,, He had a "WATER PUMP" problem last week so rather than fixing the problem he is putting the NEW water pump in,,,,,,,,,,,,,

IN FRONT OF THE 383ci.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still watching YELLOW in the windshield!!!!
    Hell I will still have to pull the trailer to make it fair!!! Keep wrenching TUDOR!!

12. Bump for any Ga. NOOBS... Oh, and I wanted to hit 600 posts...:D

13. Ah - we'll see after Dixie Fried if I have time to change me motor. I just fixed my gasket and left it all alone for now. No time! Did you get your gas tank worked out?? Hope so man.

14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Put 10 pounds of boneless pork sirloin strips in the freezer today just for RWYB '09 Sat nite cookout. They cook just like ribs, but more meat! Jimmy, be sure to bring my tongs from last year or I'll be turning them over with a pair of pliers!
    Dave

15. I will bring them never know where those pliers might have been.Jimmy

16. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Cant wait to see the "showdown" on da track!!!

17. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Dave..............that in the same vein as "Country style ribs"?

18. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Chuck, that's exactly what they go as except they are boneless. Easy to cook and good to eat! 10# of meat means 10# to eat!
    Last year people seemed to enjoy them and I hope they do again!
    Who knows what will come up on sale between now and then!
    Dave

19. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Yup, I know 'em!!!!!.................When last I cooked down there, that was what I took, and THEY SAID, that I don't remember cooking them..................I say BULLSHIT!!!!!!

20. No you cooked for all us, i think ate some too, and a few hours later you wanted to cook....not realizing ya already did...

21. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Did I happen to mutter,"I ain't even got a buzz yet"????????

22. something like that, but ya did a hell of a job cooking.....from what i remember

23. Posters just came in. I will get the ones out next week that wanted them shipped. If you ordered shirts I will ship both at that time. Thanks everyone. Jimmy

24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Recent talks with Red Sled (Jimmy) reveal that the track owner has stated that if yopu have installed your fuel tank in the trunk or otherwise modified your car so that there is no metal barrier between the passenger compartment and the tank, then you must install a metal firewall to isolate the tank from the passenger compt.
    Just thought I'd bring it up so as no one would drive all the way to Reynolds and then get turned down because of a rule you were unaware of.
    Really oughta have that firewall anyway, considering how many distracted drivers are rearending other cars nowadays. Friend of mine got hit in his just completed well enough to license, insure and drive "A" coupe while stopped for a left turn and using turn signals, brake lights and a hand signal. Haven't seen it yet myself, but I'm told it folded up the rear deck area badly. He had been on the road with the car only a couple of days!
    Dave

25. Come on september!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. I have all shirts and posters bagged and shipped today to those wanting shipping. There is a post on classifieds with photos of the extra shirts and posters. Time is drawing near. Jimmy

27. Here's the link...

http://jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381787

28. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

open cars probably will require a helmet.

29. No probably about it... Open Cars = Helmet

30. Happy 1st of September...

A little more than 3 weeks left... git r dun!