Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2009 "Run What Ya Brung" Thread Drag Racing Reynolds, GA 9/26/2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MetalFlaked60, Jun 15, 2009.

1. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

What: 4th annual "Run What Ya Brung" Nostalgia Drags and Car show
    When:September 26th 2009
    Where: Silver Dollar Raceway, Reynolds Ga

This year the drags and car show are gonna be held on September 26th at the Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds Ga. We're gonna do it as a memorial to Dan Ross (oldkid here on the Hamb) that passed away earlier this year. HAMB Style cars and dragsters perfered but all are welcome!
    Who's in?

Also, we are still looking for sponsors to make this event as big as possible so If anyone wants to help with sponsorship or anything like that let us know.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  2. chopped

chopped

I'm in, Dan sure will be missed.

3. This was open to all cars up to 1972 last year. I am expecting the same this year. Mark it on your calenders, this is a very laid back event where you have the chance to run your car like it was built to run...

This is a low cost event and there is "primitive" camping on site. More information will be announced as the plans are formalized.

Hope to see many of you out there...

Todd

4. Great, This has been a blast the last 3 years. The 1/4 track is safe, not crowded and the camping is great.

This is my favorite place to run because the folks at the track are so friendly and helpfull.

It has grown every year.

Let's show the Florida Billetproof Drag wannabees how its done.

5. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

I've been looking for this thread since May. The only bummer is that I have to work that weekend!!
    I will do what I can to see if there is any way possible that I can take off.
    This is one layed back weekend, and I am glad to see that it dedicated To Dan.
    Robert

6. This will definitely still be a laid back event. I am trying to work on getting a band to play that Old kid was in. I have also talked to Elena (Dans wife) who plans on bringing the cars out. As for the rules you all know the normal drill gloves in 8.90s or helmet 13.99, long pants, seatbelts etc. Supporters need for trophies contact
    MetalFlaked60, 50 Ford 1963 ,Redsled

7. Definatelly on my calander. Hell maybe I will have the Merc on the road by then, not finished of course.

8. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Sure would be nice if we could get Ryan to put a sticky on this thread, as this forum moves so fast that I would have missed it if not for mention on the SFCC social group!
    Are you reading this Ryan?
    Jimmy, barring some really big unexpected problem, my roadster should be ready by then and I'll be there ready to run!
    Todd is working on getting me info on any rules concerning my roadster's eligibility as far as safety equipment.
    No shit, contact Ryan, as I am going to do, and ask that he put a sticky on this thread!
    Dave

9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I PM'd Ryan and asked for a sticky on this post and he refused, saying if he put stickyes on all event posts that the whole first page would be event posts.
    OK, I can understand his position on this.
    So if you want this event to be a success and to continue in the future, then please post on this thread often so as to help keep it up front.
    In the 40 minutes since my last post this thread went from page #1 to page #3!
    Dave

10. Do we need new art for the shirts?

I mean, it's done by a Floridian after all... :)

11. I think that Jimmy is having his son Jamie design the shirts. PM him to check and make sure...

12. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

I'M in, xl on the shirt. I have been waiting since last yr.

13. Hey make sure that guy that trailered his hot rod to the track last year and took the fastest hot rod trophy brings it back for dibs! You know bowling pin that Chazen painted

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  14. DrHerb

DrHerb
    from Atlanta

may be to early to tell, but does this event go through till Sunday? post said "camping available".....just curious. be cool if it did.

i cant get out of work on Saturday! i hate that! but if its going on saturday night and Sunday....well then, im in!!

thanks!
    Chris

15. Not exactly.

We run as much as we can on Saturday afternoon, I'm thinking they let us run until about 5 or so last year... then party as much as we can the rest of the night... Camping is for those smart enough to NOT drive home afterwards.

There is no racing on Sunday...

16. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Im in, lets see if i can keep all the rods in the engine this time. Ya never know! Wanna see a good turn out this year guys!

17. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Any word on my Hard Luck trophy guys???

18. Oh yeah hard luck trophy is on work bench!!!!!!!!!!

19. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

Yeah, I'm actually working on it right now.

20. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

I will have the roadster p/u, instead of the dragster. It will be more fun than work.

21. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Why don't you put it on the HAMB Calendar? Lots of people look at it.
    Just click on the calendar link under the HAMB logo and follow the links.

22. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

Dont know why I didnt think of doing this but its on there now! Thanks for the reminder!

23. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Thanks Jamie! cant wait to see it, still havent got the new BBC togeather i may be sporting the two ton SS this year. Small blocks tend to handle my abuse much better. :D

24. Kind of curious if I'll need windows in the coupe? I don't have anything in the doors. Can you check on that when you ask about Handsome Dave's roadster?

25. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

You mean before or after they kick you outta da track???

26. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

For those who dont know Tudor will be loaded for BEAR this year! Better run the hell outta what ya brung and hope ya brung enough. Can-o-worms will be despensing a can-o-......LOL!

27. chopped

chopped

They always told me to wind em up when I staged. I saw those guys once this summer and they said they'd love to come back, anyone know how to contact them? Jimmie?

28. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Jimmie, I've got the long distance trophy built. It has been sitting on my pool table waiting for this.
    Robert