Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Obligatory "Whatja get done today?" post..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Capt. Zorro, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

Pat Donnell , Harrison, J.B, and Spotlite came over this morn. and by 10 we were laying out a frame for an Anglia. My buddy J.B. is a retired engineer so he had a whole bunch of scale drawings and plans laid out. I had picked up a large bottle of C25 and we were ready to make sparks. Whild J.B and Mark welded on the Anglia frame Harrison and I worked on setting the time on his roadster.Loosened up the hold down on the dist and connected the timing lite. He cranked it up and the idle was horrible, got to checking and found the plug for the PCV hose had come off. Put it back on and set the static advance at about 12 Deg. BTDC. Also got him a set of seats, think with a little work they will be OK.

Harrison took some pics, maybe he'll have time to post them soon..

2. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Just got started on the frame rails for my new 29 A sedan. Ran out of cutting wheels and argon at the same time. Went to get both and then never got back to it.

Attached Files:

3. Brad S.

Brad S.

Nothing.
    Absolutely nothing.

Last Saturday, and several before that, it was Hot Rods.
    This Saturday it was hanging at the park watching my ten year old skateboard all day. Amazing watching him do things I never dared.

Last Saturday it was "Is that your car? Cool."
    Today...."Is that your son? Cool." Damn skippy.

4. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Been working on the 3W .....

Cut the frame down the middle, junked all the crossmembers. They had been "fixed" 1 time too many. Fixing the rails.........which are pretty good....once you get all the junk off of them.

[​IMG]

You can see in the above photo......how the front cross member is butchered, the K member was also cut up and basically useless and the rear was a 60's homemade piece of garbage.

:D

The attached photos show the pile of new suspension stuff from TCI....
    The frame rails in the jig and progress being made on getting them cleaned up and ready to jig up the chassis. Lots of cutting and grinding. Lots more grinding to go but it will happen.........just takes time :)

Attached Files:

5. I went to my sis in law's wedding & drank too much! :D

6. Muttley

Muttley

Finally, with much help from John Ford Man, got the new trans in Pepe.

7. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

drank way too much...

8. Helped my buddy bring home his new chopped 40 Poncho coupe. He towed my 40 chevy to another buddy's body shop for me yesterday so I owed him the favor....'sides, we always help each other...
    Got it home and clicked off a photo or 2...
    Drove my shubox over to another friend's parts store where he's parting out a few 46-48 fords and mercs..shot the shit awhile and spent the rest of the day at Menards with Mrs Rocky buying house improvement junk...gotta spend all day tomorrow on our house...not near as much fun as messin with hotrods..

Attached Files:

9. VonXulu

VonXulu
    from Ventura Ca

Well, somewhat cleaned up an Olds rear end for identification purposes. Think it's a 57! Tomorrow's a bigger day though, movin' parts around.

10. 5foot2

5foot2
    from Maine

I'm setting trusses on a new shop. With any luck I'll make a big dent in the sheathing on Sunday.

11. Removed the 50 year old weatherstripping from the drivers door, sanded the whole door back to steel and did some rust repairs. Masked it up ready for primer.

12. Jack Squat:(

-Dean

13. CDN34Pickup

CDN34Pickup

Hard-topped my 51 chevy, replaced a rocker panel, shaved all the handles, trim holes, and getting ready to paint the roof white and paint the floors black.

14. Dirty2

Dirty2

Went to the KKOA in Denison and saw a lot of HAMBERS !!!!

15. krooser

krooser

I've been doing the epoxy floor coating thing AND a garage remodel for the last MONTH.

I've split up my shop by building a 16' wall and a 14' long sliding door between the fabrication area and my lift.

I also had to SHORTEN my gas-fired radiant tube heater so it would fit behind tha sliding door.

Last nite I ran some 3/4" black iron air lines along the top of the walls, did a little painting, a little organizing.

Today, I've gotta leave for Houston in the early PM but I going to bring some of my machinery back into the shop so my driveway doesn't look like a storage lot.

Now I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to explain the '48 Plymouth that's coming back home with me from Austin this week....

The first two pix are what's in my DRIVEWAY...

Attached Files:

16. 2002p51

2002p51

17. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

believe it or not, Fatman Fiddy got some friggin work done on his car! :eek:

finished the drivers side body to frame braces and the "subfloor", trimmed the OG floor back by the rear seat riser on the driver side, and then it was time to be quiet (after midnight last night) so i cleaned up the edges on the passenger footboard, cut the patch piece and welded it in.

MAN did it feel good to do something on the car after almost 3 months or so of either no time,, no energy, too hot out, or waiting to heal from an operation!

Pics for proof!!! :D:D:D did i mention i'm happy as hell, and motivated to do more today?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

I Took all the measurments i needed to make my SBC-Buick Trans adapter.

19. I cut up and crushed a RRRRUSTY '59 Ford Fairlane 500 fordor. One less rust bucket for some sucker to buy on ebay!

20. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

Up at 0400, hooked up the trailer and went to the AZ Street Rod Assn. swap meet at Mesa High. I was there when they opened the gates at 0515 and set up. I was selling off the excess F-1 parts I got when I bought my Flathead. I also had some parts left over from when I started too many years ago. Not a bad day. I sold enough parts to be 25% of my way back to my investment in the flathead. I sold more in the first hour I was there than I did the rest of the day. I left at 1300 (1:00 pm for you civilians) because most everybody selling was pulling out by then, even though the meet was supposed to last until 3:00.

I got to meet a few HAMBers. Jerry and I had a nice conversation. Its easy to meet everybody. Just hang up a sign and ask who's a HAMBer. Its nice to be able to put faces and people with Board names.

Good day all around. No work on the RPU, but I made money to be able to buy parts and got to talk to a lot of really nice people.

21. I had a good time at Zorro's. My contribution was minimal at best so all I really got done was driving my RPU. Zorro set my timing and gave me a seat. Think the seat will work.

I'll post a few pics when I get back to work tomorrow.

JH

22. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Well, I spent 5 hours with some friends making a new air cleaner for the 52. All aluminum and using a milling machine too. Pics when its done.

Bill

23. krooser

krooser

What's that can of 'Dog Style' doin' in the pic...PAIN RELIEVER?...hahahaha

24. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

LOL . . . looks like i fergot to remove the evidence :eek::p dont go knockin my "old pile" addiction:D,,, shits hard to come by up here in the land of mud puddles, usually i gotta drink PBR :eek:

25. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

spent all day saturday making brackets to mount my seats only to learn that i will need a spring on each hinge to help it fold foward. all this work just so i can get to stuff behind the seat. (what a waste of time) still have to make some kind of latch to lock the seat in the down position and make loops for a cable to keep the seat from going into the dash when it is lifted up.

26. Bobert

Bobert
    Member Emeritus

Finally pulled the engine and trans out of the Olds. Pretty easy with no sheet metal around it. It is one heavy hunk of iron. Can't believe how thick the head castings are. On the other hand I still can't get jpg files sized right, so no pic attached.:(

27. 286merc

286merc
    from Pelham, NH

Shampooed LR and FR rugs, old lady been after me for ages.
    Mowed the lawn for the last time this year.
    Put the 53 Vicky in winter storage.
    Drove the 68 Impala SS396 ragtop about 20 miles on errands with the top down, first nice day in about 3 weeks.
    5PM and its friggin dark, hibernation time, see ya in April!

28. bcarlson

bcarlson

Mowed the yard, organized a bit in the garage, poured concrete in the bench grinder base I welded up a few weeks(months?) ago... burned out an angle grinder working on my sheetmetal brake, so I had to go buy a new DeWalt one (wow, I actually spent a few bucks on one for a change!)... well, actually Michelle did, I forgot my wallet! :) Gotta love her! :)

I finally did some welding for a trade show display for work on Thursday, so I think I'm about back ready for action... Fiddy, you're working too much (or am I not working enough? :) ), too soon! You're making me look bad!

Ben

29. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Did the Goodguys show in Charlotte NC and today finished fabbing up my Fuse panel bracket for the Sedan.

30. CptStickfigure

CptStickfigure
    from Urbana, IL

Got STUMPED trying to figure out why my engine won't idle for shit. Went back over everything I could think of with a fine toothed comb, fixed a lot of little problems, and still can't get it to run right.