Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Obligatory Intro

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Deplorable, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Deplorable

Deplorable

Hi Guys. I live in the Miami OK area. NE corner of the state for those unfamiliar with the area. Currently working on two projects, a '50 Ford F1 for my Dad, and a '41 Dodge Pickup of my own, as if one project wasn't enough:)

I have worked as a chassis fabricator building race cars, Dirt Late Models, Modified, and Stock Cars. But just haven't been involved much with these old Hot Rods, it's certainly a new experience. Same thing, only different :)

It's nice to find such a great forum and wide knowledge base for these pre-65 cars. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions for the group as the builds progress.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  2. Welcome. Nice intro. Post up some pics of those rides when you get the chance. Enjoy your HAMBtime....................Don.

B Bay Barn likes this.
  3. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

4. Deplorable

Deplorable

Thanks for the welcome and the links Guys, I appreciate it.
    I'll start a thread and post some pics when I get a little further along to the extent that it is allowed by the rules. While I can appreciate a perfectly period correct restoration, I'll be making some upgrades, some of which are frowned on here, like disc brakes. The trucks are going to have a lot of GO, just want to have plenty of Stop too.

The Dodge is a basket case, disassembled and missing many parts. The frame is rusted out in the rear and broken nearly in half in the front due to the improper installation of a 455 engine years ago. No engine or trans, rear end has been replaced with a early Nova/Camaro Posi. No plans on using that rear end, it's probably full of water from sitting with the vent hose gone. The truck been sitting in the open rusting away for the last 30 plus years. The original engine, whatever it was, is long since gone.

I found a 454 and trans a couple of months ago at a bargain price, so I bought it for this truck. However, I'm looking into an old Hemi from a New Yorker, really hoping that works out. I just don't know the status of the engine at the moment, or if the current owner is going to sell it or not. But I'm working on it, just have to wait and see how it works out.

The thing about finding that old Hemi is that it really makes me want one for this truck, just seems right:) But the budget is tight right now with Covid shutting down the world. So making a guess at the moment, I'd say that I'll probably use the 454 for now since I have it available, and switch to a Hemi when I can manage to do it on down the line. In the end I guess it comes down to timing, what I have when I need it.

5. Welcome to the Hamb.

Make sure you read the rules before starting a thread, there are not too many but they are strictly enforced by the moderators, frame clips, big wheels and ls engines are off topic. HRP