Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Noland coupe:updated

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Noland, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Noland

Noland

I havent posted much of my coupe lately. Theres just not enough time in the day. Its been under going some serious changes lately. Im putting a 32 grill shell and some guide lights. I also found a neat old drop axle that lowered it all alittle bit,but till about two months ago its been doing a whole lot of sitting.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then I final desided to do some altering to make more leg room and a better pedal set up for the soon to be saginaw 4 speed. first thing I had to do was dust it of and take some pictures before I ever started.
    [​IMG]
    I dont think Im gonna change the dash maybe paint it white.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then came the serious reconstruction of the frame I put a five inch step in it just behind the firewall. Its pretty simple just some 2x4 square tubing with the corners rounded off.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I had to remount in the front suspension and I made a totally different rear suspension.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thats the new mount for the ladder bars in the rear
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Finally,Im starting to get some where I do have to put the panhard bars on it Im gonna put one both front and rear. I decided to not wait on the materials for the panhard bars and set the body back down on the frame.
    [​IMG]
    sitting alittle high in the rear. I had to do alittle triming to make it sit how I planning on building it.
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for the poor picture I thought I had a different one but its blurry. I plan on making a whole new floor out of 2x1 rectangular tubing Thats about it for now I try to keep it updated.

2. hvychvy

hvychvy

Lookin good!!

3. Noland

Noland

4. Noland

Noland

Sorry, I havent posted in awhile. Ive been working on the car or just plain working to pay for parts. I painted the white wheelwells the same metalflake as the rest of the car. I also painted the 32 grill for the frontend with the same flake.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I took the grill outside to see how it looked. It has 6 coats of clear. I spray 4 let it dry wet sand then put on 2 finish coats. It still needs a final sand and buff.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I had to put the wheel back on to see how the new wheelwells look. I scored some old imperial caps for the car. They sure make those keystones look good.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ive also been making little odds and end pieces for the car. Like this nerf bumper for the rear. Its made from a old hospital bed side rail. It smelt like old people when I welded it.
    [​IMG]
    A generator bracket made from a single piece of angle with a few holes drilled in it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I made some headlight stands for and old headlight spreader bar. Nothing uncommon but simple and clean.
    [​IMG]
    Of course, I had to put the grill shell on and see how it looked. I have a homemade insert for it and the rads gonna be black. Im going to paint pretty much ever thing else white. The front I beam, Lights, backing plates,drums,frame,and rearend.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    thanks for looking

5. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Looking good. Much futher along than mine. Keep it up and good job.

6. Noland

Noland

Im finally getting everything painted and put back together.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    sorry for not posting more or being more detailed. Im not good at this kind of stuff. I made pretty much made everything. My dad was fixing this mans p/u truck so he was looking at my car. I was talking to him about it and I said about how you dont see many hot rods around. All he had to say was that he saw another rod around BUT it was the REAL DEAL not homemade. So I just wanted to show you how my homemade hot rod was coming. Progress is slow but its definitely getting there. Any questions just ask

7. alterbob

alterbob
    from Butler,Pa.

Looks Good. Kinda looks like you are not to far from me. Any relation to Glenn Noland Junkyard, Circle track Racer? Bob Bauer

8. pincher

pincher
    from Saginaw

I like what you have done with the grill shell insert.I think the 32 shell look's real good. Keep up the good work, keep us posted......PINCHER

9. Noland

Noland

thanks guys, yea Im related to glenn

10. Mattilac

Mattilac

Fuck yea man. Your keepin it true to the spirit!

11. Moondog13

Moondog13

The REAL DEAL IIISSS homemade! :D

Awesome work! Keep it up!

12. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Noland, Your "A" is going to be one Mean Hot Rod ! Will stay tuned for progress.

13. Noland

Noland

Thanks Guys, yea I know my cars the real deal. I beleive he was talking about a bought fiberglass kit style cars you know ''street rod'' not hot rod. Here are some pictures of the headlights I painted. I did just a plain red base. I beleive it was a chrysler color, then dusted the tips with a metallic darker red. To help it tie in with the rest of the car. I put metalflake on the flame more towards the tips than the body. You know like they do. They still need to be pinstriped then I ll clear the whole light. lots more to come.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. AHotRod

AHotRod

I love the Red Flake and White combination ........

15. oldman2

oldman2

Noland, nice work keep it up.

16. -Brent-

-Brent-

Your skills are certainly improving. I like that you switched over to a 32-type shell. The frame looks good, too.

17. This is going to be a neat car! Nice job!

18. Looks way Bitchin man, keep up the great work!

19. Noland

Noland

Yea its definetly one big learning process. Like I have to pinstripe the headlights. Ive never done it before but Im sure willing to try. Im gonna practice alittle first of course.

20. 42 chevy

42 chevy

Real nice work. I love that color.

21. Noland

Noland

Heres The latest and Greatest. I got the body back on the frame. Ive been putting it back together one piece at a time. Ive got the steering all together along with the brakes. Sorry the pictures are shit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Heres a couple pictures of the inside. Its hard to get a decent picture. Its so dark in the car. I painted the dash and door jams the same color as the engine. The pedals are two clutch pedals out of old saabs. I had to bend them around alittle. Im using a small compact master cylinders under the dash for the brakes and slave cylinder. If you look real close you can see them. I mounted them to a 2'' square tube thats hidden under the dash. Ive been working on the wiring also as you can see. Thanks guys and gals
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

23. Racrdad

Racrdad

That color is awesome!!

24. deuce354

deuce354

Nice Job, I Guess The Knack Of Doing Cool Stuff With Cars Runs In The Noland Genes, Deek Scott

25. Looks great! How wide is the rear end? I am building my frame now and need to start looking for a rear end. I will use a very similar setup.

26. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I'm digging this look allot better! GO MAN GO!!

27. oj

oj

I have a problem with the radius rods and coil-over shocks. Nobody else has said anything, so i am likely wrong, but it seems to me that the rear will bind whenever one tire drops or rises while the other side remains stable. It'll try to rotate the axle tube and cannot so the whole thing will bind up. The whole axle will rise and lower as a unit but when one tire trys to act independant, like when turning into a parking lot from the highway or a single pot hole, things will bind up. This type of suspension works better with transverse spring, if you want to keep the coil over i'd be looking at relocating the heim ends of the radius rods forward close to the driveshaft in a wishbone configuration and this will allow the rearend to rotate from side to side.

28. Noland

Noland

Thanks Deek, Yea cant be a Noland without fiddling with cars. Thanks Evel, you got one super cool model A. As far as the rear end goes. Its a 8'' ford out of a granada I would have to measure it, but its uncut standard width. OJ as far as the rear ladder bars you are correct to a point. it does limit independent travel but not completely. it does have minimal shock travel anyways. I dont feel that it needs changed. I do feel on the next frame I build the rear ladder bars will be more triangulated. Thank you for you concern.

29. Noland

Noland

Its been about 20 degrees for the High here. So I havent been in the shop much lately. I have been trying to get something done for the car though. Ive been sewing up the interior pieces inside in the warmth. Its all gonna be 2'' roll and pleats. so far I got the piece above the windsheild done and the door panels. Still got alot more to do. The seats gonna also have white cording. Im looking for so type of trim to put around the door handle and window winder holes in the panel to help finish it off.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors