The Jalopy Journal
Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rottenleonard, Sep 22, 2017.
great engineering and fab work here. What an inspiration.
Lot more space in the foot well than I would have thought. Very neat solution
Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.
That it the beauty of the space frame construction, to get this low with a channel job you loose all of your leg room.
Also the powdercoaters called yesterday, wheels were done.
Is the gas pedal going on top of the clutch linkage somehow?
This car is awesome! Lots of skill here!
I Love the build, design and creativity.
You got fab skills man! Cool solutions too.
Looks like the first "bird cage" model A. Those IIItalians got nuthin on you.
Just one hell of job ! Great work all around!
Over it anyhow
Hate to ask... but is their any doubt in your mind that that old flattie will hold up as a stressed member? Gary
Really not too worried if you look at something like an 8N ford tractor which has a B motor, the engine is the frame, we did A LOT, of stupid stuff in those and we broke lots of other things like wheels and axles but never a block.
very cool and innovative
reminds me of European sports cars
I see, said the blind man. I'd still get in line for a ride some day if I could. Gary
I'm on board with this project, but after following progress, have just started to wonder how difficult it might be to remove a tranny or engine should the need arise.
Have you been making build decisions that will help make that easy???
^ My guess is that it would be easier! Gary
I have been pretty careful to make everything removable, granted the engine will have to come out in order to remove the transmission. I don't believe that will be that big of a job in the grand scheme of things. But when we blow it apart for powder coat I guess we will find out haha.
I worked on the exhaust, intake, and front spring hangers yesterday.
I also machined up another pair of Harley wheels for Model A spindles, if anybody would like a set they are ready to go. $700 for the pair
that s a pretty awesome build ,
I knocked the topps off thr king pins, required a little filler and lathe work
Then reworked the brake brackets a little
Getting the coolig system to flow without an air lock was going to require a little modification
stock upper water neck
Cut off and milled flat
Bored a hole in the front for 1.5" tube and tig'd it together with silicone bronze.
That should let the air out and the water past.
awesome fab work, you won't want to re-sell that car very quickly. Great job. gary
I got back on the no frame model A last week, first order of business was gusseting the front subframe and also tieing it back into the bottom of the block at two more points.
Trying to reuse as many Model A Parts as possible this spring spacer needed to be repurposed as a spring locator. So I spun up a sleeve and Tig welded it in.
While the car was together my guess at ride height was about an inch and a half too low. The solution was to section out the front spring Mount to bring it up so I have just a little drop front to rear.
MAD Skills! Love the execution!
This is sooooooo far beyond my limited skill set, it is just a pleasure to see it being created. Please keep posting to the finish. Brian
I'm here to critique this build...
I've got nothin.
Well ok, I do suddenly want to sell off all of my stuff and build one of these. I'm not really happy about that. Otherwise, the build is off the charts! Please continue.
There’s thread called the Unibody Roadster that you might find interesting
Separate names with a comma.