Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Music of Radiator Springs Racers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

The Music of Radiator Springs Racers

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

HunterYJ, HEMI32, eddie1 and 6 others like this.
  2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

So cool. So so cool

3. Special Ed

Special Ed

What you and your cohorts pulled off inside Cars Land defies description. You sir, are a genius.

The37Kid likes this.
  4. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fantastic Jay! Love your hillbilly bent, well done. As old timers here would say . . . Man, you got it made!

5. Love the slide guitars and fiddles; these were some of the first "car tunes", so to speak.
    Why, these are even pre Hi-Fi days!

6. Have to say thank you for your part in making that area the absolute best place on the Disney property. I was floored the first time I saw Cars land at night with all the neon and the racers ride is an absolute blast. I always see new details every time I go.

eddie1 likes this.
  7. eddie1

eddie1

Cool tunes.

I was in Cars land 2 years ago & was absolutely blown away with what you & your team accomplished!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    BrerHair and Tim like this.
  9. So much cool in that place. My first time there I entered "radiator Springs" just as the sun was setting. What do you know, the music kicked on, the neon started coming uo in the same sequence as the movie. Quite a good show. The killer little details in every square inch of that place blows you away. The waiting line path at the Tow Mater's ride. I parts there that it must have taken a ton of reserve to use as a prop. Had to have been a blast on all parts from design to building that place. I love the overhangs at Flo's being Flathead heads and the spark plugs firing in order. Ramone's gift shop with the hand pinstriping on the edges of the shelving, the Foose painted hoods with the hidden Mickeys... The music...You feel like the movie was actually filmed there. Totally fun experience! Thanks for that!

10. Few, if any, know that the Cars Ride sits on the ground that once was a 1/4 midget track. Doug Caruthers owned the property. It was acreage behind his Viking Trailer mfg. company. The property was sold to Disney in 1955, and became the parking lot for Disneyland. The photo is me leading the last main event at the "Jelly Bean Bowl". A group of us former 1/4 midget drivers tried to get Disney to place a plaque by the cars ride telling the history of this piece of land. But Disney would not even consider the idea.

[​IMG]

11. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks @HEMI32 (Could not get any sound out of parts 3 or 8)
    Never heard that Dylan song, so cool . . . "Need a dump truck mama to unload my head . . . "

Jet96 likes this.
  12. muldo

muldo

@Jive-Bomber who was responsible for bending all the neon? Or does Disney have an in-house neon plant? So freaking cool.

13. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I like the older rides in Disneyland but when I go over to Carsland I'm in heaven! Just wish it was twice as big...
    On a negative note however, it seems that Disneyland just keeps getting more pricey and less of the "working folk" can afford to go with motels, admission, food, etc. I wonder what Walt thinks...?