Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Most Vintage Tin I've Ever Seen!! - Salvage Yard Tour - Tons of Pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Malcolm, Nov 26, 2008.

1. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Funny you brought this up again, I just posted a link to it myself.

Good times.

2. Okievoodoo

Okievoodoo

I keep coming back to this... love this thread...

3. creepjohnny

creepjohnny

fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Deuces

Deuces

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

In the three years since this thread was first posted, a lot of that stuff has gone away (read that sold)...the yard certainly isn't what it used to be and is dwindling in size...

R-

6. Well thats good. At least it is being used and hopefully no crushed for scrap.

7. itsmeb

itsmeb

I see a 1929-30 radiator hell that I would love. It is in the 10th photo. Looks like polished stainless.

8. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Oh jeez... back up from the dead!

9. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Nick, you should know by now that anything in the archives is fair game and most "readers" will take it that this was posted yesterday, as "itsmeb" just did.

Does anyone actually LOOK at the dates on a thread, other than me...???

R-

10. For the record I paid for a windshield for my 59 Plymouth that day. They were supposed to call me when they got it out. After three months Icalled them back and was told they broke the three they had trying to get them out. I asked if they were ever going to call me to refund the money and they waffled. I had to call back a week later to get them to do the refund. Just sayin...

11. ShortySMC

ShortySMC

This is the most incredible episode of Hoarders I have ever seen ;)

12. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I do all the time :)

13. Roadagent2

Roadagent2

14. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Heck, is that Easy Jack's?

15. jperson

jperson

Pretty sure that is Easy Jack's. I had forgotten the name of the place as the last time I had been out there was in the late 90's. At the time I was a teenager and into street rods and 50's era cars so I simply walked right past all of that 30's and 40's "junk". I bought a power bench seat out of an old Cadi for my 51 Chevy. I don't remember the price, but I do remember there being acres and acres of stuff there. It did make me sad when trekking through the lot to see that so much of it was simply strewn all about and a lot of cars literally stacked on top of each other.

16. I can't understand how you can break a windshield while trying to get one out. I've pulled many by myself and have yet to break one. OTH, installing one, well that's another story.:eek:

17. russthetinman

russthetinman
    from KC MO

Bought a 53 cad headlight ring on the way to KKOA Salina last year- 35 bucks- seemed fair to me. Priced a bunch of trim -30 each- and complete 55 cad bumper for 300. At those prices only the flippers would complain becouse they couldnt make anything wah wah.

18. 54hotrodder

54hotrodder

I think i am going to be sick.:(

19. sounds good to me.....and I love to get the best of a flipper....and do often :p

20. ...nice to see this thread come back up on a cold winter day!...I had fun "walkin" thru there.

21. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

I couldn't agree more. That whole weekend was very memorable. This bring back many great memories

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

22. chubbie

chubbie

wow I've been to the area before, didn't know about the rusty gold. it is close enofe to me that its on the list of things todo.
    LBJ...wow what a story that is! the highway beautifaction law by lady bird. they jumped me in the 70's. told me my stuf wasn't beutifull,and it should be removed. I told him ladybird DAMD sure wasn't beautiful!! and i wanted her to be removed!!