Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures The Month Of May

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 7, 2009.

1. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

ryan- may holds the same excitement for me - one of my aunts held a memorial day picnic every year and we used to huddle around a radio (before it was televised) and listen here in NJ to WCTC, New Brunswick for every lap, only 2 sponsers as i recall on the radio, Laffin Chevrolet, So. River (recently closed, after being around forever) and Joe Barzdas California Speed & Sport Shop, New Brunswick, (currently run by his nephew Jimmy, whos on here) Great Memories!!!

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm going this year! and am very excited about it. :cool:

3. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Thanks Ryan. I always look forward to May! Great old film, but that announcer, oh brother.

4. SpeedwayRyan

SpeedwayRyan

This year, while ABC is covering the race as usual, VERSUS (who are also broadcasting most of the IRL season) is covering quals, etc. Usually, ABC/ESPN would do the first hour or two and the last hour of Pole Day and maybe the other qual days, but this year VS did 6.5 hours of coverage for Pole Day and 2nd Day Quals...I think next weekend is the same for 3rd Day Quals and Bump Day. They are doing something like 30 hours of coverage and IMS-related programming in the month of May this year...check it out.

Nothing beats having a credential, bronze badge, or a hard card or and being able to walk through the pits and garages, though...that's what I've done for the past few years and it's great. Indy drivers, both past and present, as well as car owners, etc. are all great about stopping for a chat, a photo, signing autographs, etc...way more approachable and accessible than NASCAR and F1 drivers.