Register now to get rid of these ads!

The modified "blueprint"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skipstitch, Oct 16, 2003.

1. skipstitch

skipstitch

Ya always gotta start somewhere....so, I did a quick sketch of the build plan. The cowl is really curved... and I think a Hallock styled windshield would be cool. Short hood sides and a grill patterned after a Whippet. Unless someone has one just lyin' around they need to donate!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] Probably gonna paint it Maroon with burnt orange wheels...

Attached Files:

2. skipstitch

skipstitch

The real tin so far...

Attached Files:

3. What are you going to use for cowl steering?

4. skipstitch

skipstitch

I've got a '50 pick up box and column I'm gonna start with... I'm gotta dig up the post on how So What did his.

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Stitch, There is a guy here in town that has had a whippet radiator and grille hanging in his garage for about 20 years. I'll stop and see if he will part with it. He sells about anything he has but that grill/rad. just seems to stay put. Hope it didn't belong to his greatgrandfather who got his first piece of ass in the back seat. If that's the case you might not be able to afford it. HAHA!!!

Frank

6. John B

John B

Shawn, are you taking notes on all this. Since you're not working on the 3B coupe, we need something to entertain us in REV.

7. skipstitch

skipstitch

Fab...that'd be cool if you'd check on the grill!!! Hopefully he's willin' to part with it.

And John, I'm takin' pictures like a mad man for the mag. I really don't plan on interupting the 3b build for more than one issue (good thing we're quarterly [​IMG])....although I will have to dig up a few parts I've stolen from it [​IMG] to get this one road worthy. Hell, huntin' the stuff down is half the fun anyway!!!

8. John B

John B

Ever think of a aluminim V8 for the 3B Coupe?

9. skipstitch

skipstitch

Do you have one?? [​IMG] Cause that could be cool!

10. hammeredabone

hammeredabone

Great start on that modified! What are you going to do for the rear portion of the body? Like the blueprint as well.

11. raven

raven

What is that cowl from?
    My roadster project is being built around a 1921 Paige cowl. It's ice to see someone else building something out of the ordinary...
    r

12. skipstitch

skipstitch

Abone, I plan on usin' a '50 Ford Pick-up hood for the rear. I've got one that's been cut in half, and the corners look just right...

13. skipstitch

skipstitch

Raven, the body's a '17 or '18 Mitchell. Do ya have any pics of yours?

14. Stitch ...if you need pics of the steering let me know.
    I picked up a bunch of stuff for my modified at Hershey. Got an oval Model T tank for $5 and it's not rusty. Got a quickchange cover that I hope will fit the rear I found. Next weekend We're pullin the 4 cylinder out of my neighbors Ranger pickup for it. All I need is for my back to heal and I'll get started on it.
    Clark

15. skipstitch

skipstitch

Hey Clark, a couple of pics would be great! You can just e-mail 'em to me at the link below. You gonna have that mod ready by next season? Here's another good question....where do ya plan on mountin' your battery? Space suddenly becomes precious when you start addin' things like steering and seats. I'm thinking about stuffin' mine up under the dash on the firewall....I think the gas tank is gonna be under the seat cushions, unless you'll take $10 for your tank [​IMG]

16. John B

John B

[ QUOTE ]
    Ever think of a aluminim V8 for the 3B Coupe?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know where there's two buicks at. I'm trying to trade for them at this time. Wish me luck.

17. Stitch ...I hope to have the modified done for Larry's show. It's gonna be very quick and dirty. With the tank in the back I think the battery will fit under the passenger seat. I was gonna make a tank but it was cheaper to buy one [​IMG] Coulda bought a couple and should have.
    How about a boat tail on it. Sorta like an early dirt track car. You could hide a tank and a battery.
    Clark

18. Every time I see someone building a lakes modified, I want to do another one. My first one got about 60% done before I realized I made it too damn short! I couldn't fit in it and I'm not very big. I'd like to give one another try after I build my 36 chevy pickup and the 53 Nash and the 37 Willys pickup and the 53 stoody coupe and......Half the fun is planning the build and collecting the parts, eh?

19. skipstitch

skipstitch

Hey Rocky...more than half the fun is plannin' and parts gathering!!!

Clark, thanks for the pics! [​IMG] Never even considered a boattail... but I think an abbreviated mod is what I'm after. Just will have to get creative with a couple things.... we're talkin' about goin' to Larry's show next year. I wanna get Muddy too!!!!!! [​IMG]

20. Rooster

Rooster

Never thought of a Boat Tail cuz he thinks MULLET when he even considers the term!!!!! [​IMG] Well then, I guess I'll be the one to step up to THAT idea if Shawn don't First!!!! Me thinks he's got time, Since I'm so notoriously Slow anyhow!!! Not like mine will be anything toooo "Short" either. Not trying to hijack, just throwing strange ideas to Shawn and the rest of ya's. I'm lookin for a 36 Dodge grilleshell, and using a narrowed 33 Chrysler cowl. Not exactly "early". I'm going more for the 'latemodel junkyard' theme with mine! Guess I'd better get a damn babysitter quick or I won't be able to trailer it down next summer! Hehe, yeah, I said Trailer! The mulletrailer!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] Naw, Behind the hearse!!! Shawn, you suck [​IMG] Now I gotta get even busier or eat even More dust than my stale ass did This year! ptooii

21. here's mine , got the doors, roof's coming of, probably narrow it, use quarter elliptical springs and use all the running gear from this 39 French Ford, maybe not the engine, it's a v8-60, I think I'm going for a Fiat twin-cam screamer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Stitch, The guy with the whippet grille is not willing to do anything with it yet. He was shocked that I asked about it as no one had ever expressed any interest in it. I'll keep checking back with him. If I can just find something he needs we stand a chance, he is more into trading than selling. Might be just a matter of finding his WEAK point.

Frank