Register now to get rid of these ads!

The modern HAMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1oldtimer, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbird37821

tbird37821

# 25719. I've been on here since 1/07 and have 65 posts. I read a lot and learn some stuff and only post when i feel I can contribute to the HAMB. Hell, I'm still a newbie.

2. # 84,941
    I love learning things and meeting new people here. I don't have anyone in my family into hot ridding, so I've found a few mentors here too.

3. NO.149131 been on here for just over a year n met some nice folks ! Been griped out by a few but had it coming!

4. seatex

seatex

Hmmmmm, 21610 ain't so bad these days.......:eek: kinda' miss some of the shit stirring post you used to see on here, though. :rolleyes:

5. Bilt

Bilt

Ryan...What...Changes...oh lord? Gonna give us a hint or do we have to wait all week to see what it is? Like Christmas all over again!!!

6. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Learned lots from this place

7. SledDriver

SledDriver
    from California

Oddly enough, some of the best things I learned from this site I have applied to solving problems and fixing things on my house. My general contractor saw some things I did and said "How the HELL did you do THAT!?" and I said "The HAMB." He said "I'm going to have to steal some of your tricks..." Keep in mind- these were GOOD tricks! Not hokey assed tricks...!

Travis

8. 42hotrod

42hotrod
    from S.E. Idaho

#9397, made it in before the 10K mark.

I've been around for awhile, just dont post all that much. I seem to go in spurts, I'll post for a couple weeks than go months without.

Scot

9. Dadstoy 2

Dadstoy 2

I'm # 130642 Guess I'm still a newbie at 58. Your never to old or young to learn.

10. I just checked and it showed 153506 members ~ but here's the interesting part of it 142656 of those are still FNG'S!!!!!!!!!!!!

So only slightly over 10,000 are truly active in participating

11. 42hotrod

42hotrod
    from S.E. Idaho

haha,

I'm sure its all hosed with the upgrades today, but maybe Ryan dumped a bunch of the zero post users too.

12. slepe67

slepe67

#47664. I remember almost choking when I saw the HAMB had THAT many members "way back" in 2008.

I'll take this time to once again officially thank Ryan for the HAMB.

1,111 posts! How could I beomce such a computer geek? I couldnt even figure out how to post a resonse in here back then, now I'm throwing pictures around, adding stuff with my iPhone....

I've learned a LOT and actually met (in person or otherwise) a lot of good folks in this forum.

Wish I would have found it a lot earlier than I did. Would've saved me a LOT of money!!!

13. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He sucks too, it's an elite club...

I'm #53.... noobs. :)

14. flathead okie

flathead okie

damn.........#6310,:D I thought I'd be in the 10 thousands.:eek:

15. VonDad

VonDad

In olden days I lived on here. Then one time it took a dump and everyone's post count got messed up.
    Been here a long time. Lurk pretty much anymore. Remember when we had the 1st HAMB drags. Remember waiting seemingly forever for August to come. Made probably 10-15 passes that day.

Now its different. Kinda like the old neighborhood where you grew up. My family home burned a couple years ago, and even before then, the neighborhood had changed.

Same way with the HAMB. No, its not the same. But, its still got tons to offer. Tech week is the best. Have learned tons. Best part is that I've been able to pass a lot along.

Biggest bitch I got is all of the "Show us your ..." Do a friggin internet search if you want to see something. Holy Shit! That and all of the new arrivals thinking they were the grammar police and what's right and what's not. STFU.

I once a long time ago posted that if they aren't coming over to your place with beer, tools parts and money and then bustin their ass along side of you on YOUR ride, then they ain't got shit to say about it. If they do fukem... They need to shut up and go lay back down on the porch in the shade and leave you alone. I mean who really gives a fat rat's ass what some dumb internet doink has to say.. Who cares? I mean really?

This is a great place. The drags are awesome. The people at any of the events are awesome. I've sat an talked with people like we been family for a zillion years, and had only met them when I sat down next to them. If you're here to be trendy, or get stroked about your shit, go away.. If you're here to help, and make life long friends. Cool; I'm yer bud.

Enjoy. Have a ton o fun and keep goin faster.

Hugs and kisses
    VonDad

16. #15774 /1477 posts One time I got ripped for posting a comment just to pad my post count!

Oh nevermind!

17. #746 This place has grown.....!

As to membership fees and Ryan .....er....how much do you think it costs to run this site without 'normal commercial sponsorship' !!?

Keep up the good work Ryan & Co.

18. I enjoyed meeting you and your son at teh first drags, damn that smoker was hot with a Moonshine hangover!:eek:

And the member numbers only relate to how fast you logged on after one of our board changes. I think I was up early or late that day to get #16, in all honesty there were a couple hundred or more in the first versions of the board.

19. You are all capitalist pig dogs!

All this talk of old HAMB make leminisce of old time when not full of PC pussy newbies. You not intro you get framed, you ask dipshit question you framed, you dogpile you get framed, you rearn from framing and not do again. Now the proletariat act like they need thelapy if you frame them.

That lemind me of incident with daughters, Phuc Mi and Phuc Yu. One day have British guest at restaurant where Phuc Yu work. Typical round eye order bánh mì and a bia ho’i. He take bite of sammich and turn green, wash down with beer and say “Fook me, that’s orful!” Phuc Yu say, “Phuc Mi? No, Phuc Yuuuuuuuu.”

Bwahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa! Pig Dogs!

dan31 likes this.
  20. lorodz

lorodz

love this site #88004

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  21. 416Ford

416Ford

I strolled over from the FORDBARN when everyone told me I could find the answer to my question here. Wish I had used the computer more back in 2001. Sure could have used the information I know now back then.

22. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Now that’s funny :D

23. scoobyscooter

scoobyscooter

ok...dumb FNG question...where can i find my member number when I joined?

24. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Scoobs, if you put your cursor over your user name a window pops up down low with your member number, if youre using a mac I have no idea

ya, typical fng...:rolleyes::D

25. #56402, it's been a great help, one question I posted took 11 minutes to get the answer, where else!

26. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

let's push around a small country or something.

27. Numbers smumbers.... since joining I have met a few really great friends and got started on a lifelong ambition to have a flat fed. Thanks Ryan for all you do to keep us old farts in the garage, only problem is when you shut down for a while .......... have withdrawl symptoms .......... now have to make it to the HAMB Drags!!!!!!!!

28. 39 Ford

39 Ford

Any way you cut it like 180,000/10%= 18,000x $50.00=$900,000.00 per year, or even 5% $450,000.00 per year not bad any way you look at it. I guess we should not worry about poor Ryan any more.

29. TERPU

TERPU

Just realized I am number 1927, pretty stoked on that.

Tim

30. TERPU

TERPU

Man Ryan and me have had our rounds about stuff. But who gives a shit about how much money he makes doing this. We all love it and frequent the place. Being successful is something we all strive for in life, very few make it. It's a good thing to be successful. Don't begrudge a man for making it, it reaks of jealousy. Instead pour that energy into making your own dream and you'll be suprised as to how far it'll take you.

Good on ya Ryan for keeping this going, I hope you make Billions.

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.