Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Mobile App is down... and might be out for the count...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Uptown83

Uptown83

Mine works with no ads

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Posting from mobile app on the IPad and it's faster than ever

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

I also got the same tapatalk message. I have Firefox downloaded on my android tablet and accessing the HAMB thru it w/no problems.

4. [QUOTE="Model T1, post: 10503018, member: 185714
    Am I the only guy still using a tower and keyboard at a real desk?
    [/QUOTE]

Nope! No cell phones, no iPads or no tablets. o_O

It's a desktop or nothin' around here. :D

5. i don't know what an app is either and i am still using my sports illustrated sneaker phone.

6. X 2

Nope! No cell phones, no iPads or no tablets. o_O

It's a desktop or nothin' around here. :D
    [/QUOTE]

7. Still cookin with my traditional Commadore 64.

8. the mobile app is handy! those fucking spammers need to be inserted into a video game and BLOWN UP!;)

9. I'll just stick to my old tower and keyboard at the deask too

10. ronk16

ronk16

still working on windows phone app...........

11. Thanks for your persistence Ryan! I, for one, really like the new app.

12. fms427

fms427

Ryan-started on the App this morning-got the "tapatalk" message-could see the posts but they would not download. Not a lot of ads. For what it's worth, I like what you are doing on the changes......

13. 28-31

28-31

^^Agreed.

14. stimpy

stimpy

wow a tower and I thought mine was ancient mine takes up a room and uses tubes its one of them Eniacs ...

15. gc427

gc427
    from SoCal

I'm getting the same scenario with the HAMB app. The ads are the same as they were before.

Site is working nicely on Safari browser right now

16. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

I also got the same tapatalk message. Works in Mobile site browser, but man I really miss the App.
    On android SIII I used the App exclusively every day, & really like that I can have black background/white letters.
    As long as I was signed in, or on app, I never saw ads. If I was on mobile site or website, ads appeared until signed in.
    Hope you get the TapaTalky worked out, fired, or find a workaround so the App can be reinstalled & working.
    Thanks

17. jack_pine

jack_pine
    from Motor City

It was an odd thing today where I got the usual notifications for subscribed threads, clicked through on one which fired up the app on my Android phone, got the "Taptalk disabled..." msg but the app loaded the forum just like usual. I was even able to express interest in a car I can't afford!

Is that a bug or a feature?

18. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

That's because my iPhone doesn't log me out ??? I'm only on the site for about 30 min a day actually looking at stuff. The app and browser on my iPhone have me logged in at all times... So what may appear to you is actually false.

19. mphudak

mphudak
    from Atlanta

I may have to see if the app on my old phone is working, which had the paid for version and I never saw an ad on it. It's only been since i got my new phone and downloaded the "free" version that I have seen the ads.

20. ever since you rework the main website I haven't used the app this is way better. And putting pictures on is gravy thank you ever so much.

21. Woody's Hot Rods

Woody's Hot Rods

I liked the app. I hope it comes back.

22. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

What's an old "flip phone"...??? And I always thot an 'app' was something you filled out for a job...??? I gave up 'jobs' in 1999...

Nothing like being stuck in the 70's, eh...???

R-

23. seatex

seatex

I liked the mobile app because I could post pics from my phone with it. Every time I try that with my computer I get a pop up saying the file is too big. I looked for a tutorial on this but couldn't find one. Setting on my computer or camera, maybe? I hope the app comes back, helps cure hours of boredom at airports......................

24. MJW

MJW
    from NJ
    1. PA. NJ. local HAMBERS group

I like the HAMB app, use it on my android phone. Hasn't worked for the past two days. I would even pay for it (I think I did before it was free CRS), great to catch up when I have downtime while traveling.

25. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

You can still get too the hamb via google on your iPhone and iPad

26. @Ryan -

Any update or idea if & when some variant of the TJJ app will be operational again?

While I do most of my browsing of (& posting on) the H.A.M.B. via my desktop or laptop computers and the Google Chrome (or Microsoft Internet Explorer) browser, I do miss the flexibility of being able to easily browse TJJ / HAMB via my (antiquated) iPhone 4s ... and don't much care to browse the site using the Safari browser on its tiny 3½ inch display.

27. Nope, I am on one.

Ben

28. Wheeew.... I thought my phone was on the "Fritz"!

29. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

I liked the iPhone app... Paid for it before it was free, would do it agains. But more importantly don't make me look at it on silk... I hate the kindle browser

30. loudbang

loudbang

Nope some of us Luddites will never change from them. Phones are for calling and pads are for women's problems :rolleyes: