Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Mo-Par lives!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by surfacedoctor, Oct 30, 2006.

1. As I posted befor, I took this 49 Plymouth in trade for resurfaceing a bathtub. Car sat since 95, covered with only a cheap tarp. Last owner tried to do a tune up, changed the plugs, lost the points and gave up. I pulled the dist. (with the advise of Ply-46,thanks man.), installed new points, gapped the plugs, set the timming at T.D.C., Primed the carb, and she fired right up. Put it in gear and it moved! Now I'll go thru the brakes and take it for a test drive. I forgot how much fun it is to work on something so simple. I'v posted some pics only to show the dealer plate above the lincese plate light. Never saw one like it before. Now for my question. Are the front fenders the same as a 50? The drivers fender is crunched more than me ability to streighten it. Anybody got one? Thanks for looking, sugestions are welcome.

Attached Files:

2. Ghostrdr

Ghostrdr
    from Missouri

Please post a pic of the engine bay and including the battery. Much appreciated, ghost.

3. 49-50 share the front clip minus the grill

4. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

5. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Ya bartered for the Plymouth, why not for metal work on the
    fender? These old Mopar fenders really have to be hurt bad to
    warrant replacment.

Swankey Devils C.C.