Register now to get rid of these ads!

the millionith falcon wheel/tire combo opinion thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dallasdrifter, Apr 27, 2011.

1. dallasdrifter

dallasdrifter
    from dallas tx

Ok, I have researched and read alot of threads on the wheel/tire issue with falcons. I am stuck on which to buy- 15x6 or 15x7 smoothies and 185/70 or 205/55 tires? i will be bagging the whole car within the next year. What is the best tire/wheel combo overall for just cruisin, no racing. I have a 5.0 up front but only because the price was right. i want 215/50 but i think they will rub up front when turning. I have to go to work in a minute, but I will check back on here tonight to see feedback. I will be ordering wheels friday, so the more input, the better. Thanks, ray

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

better do some serious measuring-unless you tub the rear and modify frontend 15X6 only likely ones to fit a narrow tire-no 50's-already have a 5 bolt pattern front and rear?

3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If it is the car in your avatar, then 15x6, with the 185/70's. Not a whole lot of room in those fender wells.

4. dallasdrifter

dallasdrifter
    from dallas tx

I guess I will try out some used 185/70 first since that would be more on the safe side as far as rubbing issues. I currently run the back end lowered a good 6". 3" blocks, and air shocks all the way down when crusin. I'll keep my eyes open for any other input until friday