Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Magnificent Stuart Hilborn

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ron Kellogg, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Indy Lance

Indy Lance

Richard Lux (pictured) helped Lattin and Rick Peterson build the Hilborn replica. Jim Miller, Eddie's son, was there to help also. This photo is from the GNRS a few months ago. Wait till you see the next one they're building!! Hope I didn't spoil the next article.
    [​IMG]

2. cool stuff...thanks all...

3. jonathan

jonathan
    from Phoenix,AZ

I know an old man that is legitimate and has been around. He says he met the man who has the original car tucked away, and a deal is in the works for a museum to get the car. I'm sure the car will surface in the not too distant future.

4. frank spittle

frank spittle

About 11 years ago Hilborn Fuel Injection was selected by the readers of Super Stock Magazine to be inducted into their Hall Of Fame which is now housed inside the Don Garlits Museum. I called to get some bio info for the Super Stock Reunion souvenir program and expected that to be the end of it. I was shocked and honored to have Stu travel from California to accept his award in person. He was 81 then. It was one of the highlights of my life to talk to him about how he conceived and developed fuel injection. He is an extremely humble guy who was the center of attention for all the drag racing legends who were present at the event. Most of them had used his products on their A/FX and Funny Cars back in the day. Danny Ongias was the only driver present who had used Hilborn Fuel Injection on Funny Cars and Indy Cars. It was very rewarding for me to see them fondly recalling days past.