Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The madness continues

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junkyardjeff, Sep 23, 2012.

1. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I must be hanging out on the restoration websites too much as I started to hide the modifications to my vehicles,for starters I have made the 1957 235 that is in my 37 Chevy p/u look as much like a 216 as possible so now its on to the interior. At the swapmeet area in the Rebel run I came across a late 30s Chevy radio head for 10 dollars that I will install under the dash and use the switch to turn off and on the modern radio I have hidden in the glove box,it has a broken plastic part that i think was used to mount it so it will be removed and I will make my own face plate that will also mount it to the dash and will light up when the lights are on. It matches the gauges in my 37 and probably could get some good money for it since the head is usually missing from the radio and seen two complete radios at another swapmeet friday that the sellers were very proud of. This hide the modifications with original stuff has taken on a life of its own and I probably need to be institutionalized.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      161.4 KB
      Views:
  2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I came up with another idea and that is to find the rest of the radio and hide a digital tuned shaft radio inside it but I will need a USB due to the weakness of my hidden antenna.

3. n847

n847

Sounds like a cool plan!

4. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

5. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I dont know if I am a restorer or a hot rodder with hiding all the modifications with original parts,its becoming a sickness but keeps me out of trouble.

6. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I am going to load up the mp3 or flash drive with old tunes for this truck.

7. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Today at the swapmeet I came up with a brand new face plate for a aftermarket radio head that will fit with a little trimming around the dial face and came with two brand new knobs and mounting brackets.