Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Mad Parrot (Building/racing the 318 Poly)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dolmetsch, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would like to add that being a Y-Block guy I use Chevy, Ford, Chrysler or whatever part I can make work.

I wont get into the "Squish" argument but I have to agree with Mr. Ricardo.

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

One place where Don wont get any argument whatsoever from me is on the pin offset discussion. If it was left up to me, I honestly wouldn't have mentioned it on here, thats because I am a bit of a selfish bugger, and I generally keep things that are really worthwhile to myself. I have built SBC's, SBF's, and BB and SB Mopars this way, and there is a definite gain, with no downside. As far as cross-breeding parts goes, I used to run AMC valves in small-block mopars, and my FE has BB chevy valves in it. I would use Yugo parts if they made more power.

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Hey, at LEAST I didnt bring up Singh grooves...Now THAT'S a good way to start a brawl! :eek::rolleyes:

4. snowcombine

snowcombine

After reading this my son wants to tear down his 360 for free HP! Not all magazines are completely stupid. I read an article years ago that talked about advancing the cam for more compression pressure. If I remember right they didn't explain themselves very well though. I have often wondered does that effect exhaust performance as the exhaust lobe gets moved around too?

5. I have no trouble agree to disagree. Tis a reasonable solution.
    As ruthless as I can be in a discussion I prefer not to get into some. I am trying to behave myself. It isnt always easy. Sometimes friendship is more important.
    This solution is fine with me.
    Thanks for suggesting it
    Don

6. that self-imposed limit of 180 psi cranking compression on pump gas,

I take sharp exception to that accusation I said NO SUCH THING.
    Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.