Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Machine Shop..no baby momma needed.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Donzie, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Donzie

Donzie

For all you losers who didn't make it out to the Machine Shop Fri. nite you have no idea what you missed. When my son and I got there, there were about a half dozen cool rides sittin' out front. I recognized a couple of 'em as HAMB cars. When we got in we jdubbya meet us at the door and had seats waiting for us. We just caught the last few tunes of Kritz's Trouble Bound Band. They took a short break and Kritz came over and made sure we got in ok and bought us each a round. I got to meet some other HAMBers and just BS for a while. Then Kritz was back on stage for set two. These guys kick ass! From Johnny Cash to Bruce Springsteen, they put their own twist on each song. I really liked their Hank Jr. sounding version of Rock This Town. They definetly need to put out a CD. Then Hayseed Dixie took the stage. I had never heard of these guys before Krtitz mentioned them in his post but these guys were F'n AWESOME!! Not only do they play their tongue-in-check bluegrass versions of AC/DC, Kiss and other well know rock bands, but they are incedible musicians. They put on a hell of a show, a good two straight hours worth.
    The Machine Shop is a cool venue. Great atmosphere with cool hand painted art work, a huge backlit iron cross made of diamond plate, posters, large Moon and NHRA decals all gracing the walls.
    If you get another chance to hear Kritz's group sometime DON'T PASS IT UP!!
    I'll let Cherryblossom tell you about her mishap.
    Thanks Kritz, and yes, it was well worth the trip!

2. jdubbya

jdubbya

Donnie, I missed your post here, I have already posted on the original Michigan Hambers post. I forgot about CherryBlossoms mishap. If you need the help, I am a certified JB welder, and duct tape is my freind [​IMG] [​IMG].

3. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

So what happened to CB? Inquiring minds want to know [​IMG]

4. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

she went to Indiana to visit her parents and her gay friends. no really they're actually GAY. anyway,not sure if she will see this till sunday night so i'll tellya what i know about her "mishap"...

she got a BIG piece of tire kicked up off the road from another car and it went into the grill of her truck. busted it up pretty good and it was still stuck in there when she stopped. she saved it for a suvineer [​IMG]...

5. kritz

kritz
    from flint, mi

well for those michigan hambers that couldn't make it you will have another chance to see hayseed dixie in the springtime....the guys in the band said that the machine shop was by far the best show they've ever played...(which is cool since this is their first time playing michigan.) they even commented on how cool it was to see alll the hot rods out front. thanks to all of you who showed up.
    all together there were 8 people representing the hamb....
    cornbinder...keep us posted on the poor boys shindig coming up, it sounds like fun!!! it was nice to put another face with a name on here.
    donzie....let me know when you're ready for the 4 piece to play in flint, the owners said that you're welcome to play anytime. i'm glad that you had a good time.
    cherryblossom....nice to finally meet you as well. sorry about the truck...but atleast eric brought your gas door!!!!

again, thanks to everyone who came out....hopefully those who couldn't make it to the show are kicking themselves and will be there next time.

6. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

So did any of the HAMBers witness my departure? I asked Brett (the drummer from Kritz's band) to throw away my burger king cup, and he said the only way he would was if I did a big smoky burnout when I left. Sounded like a fair trade to me! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Donzie

Donzie

Steve, I thought you were gonna race that Camero. What happened, he chicken out?
    Sorry I miised your exit.

8. kritz

kritz
    from flint, mi

steve's car really isn't that fast...it's got one of those new "engine covers" from ebay. it slips on over an 8hp briggs&stratton but looks like a beefy smallblock. it comes with a high quality cassette tape of "real hotrod sounds".

9. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

I dunno... I heard he wanted to race, so I made eye contact with him on my way out the door, got in my car and fired it up. I sat there and let it warm up for like 15 mins, and he never came out. So I rolled slowly past the door and.... nothing. So I turned around and rolled by the door the other way and... nothing. So I revved it up a couple times, put it in gear and set the roll control, brought it to about 5000 rpm in 2nd and let go of the button! [​IMG]
    She was runnin pretty good last night too. I know I woulda smoked him! [​IMG]

10. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

That's pretty funny Chris! but you promised you wouldn't tell! [​IMG]