Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Lone Star Roundup & the Austin Motel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Jefe, Dec 23, 2010.

1. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

I know it a little early and this thread will probably get lost but I told the motel I would try and get the word out to avoid a bunch of confusion on reservation day which is coming up quickly(Jan 1, 2011). I know this motel is really hard to get a room for the LSRU weekend due to its small size, but becuase of problems in the past, they have changed their reservation policy. PLEASE READ BELOW CAREFULLY.....THEY HAVE MADE SOME CHANGES FROM PREVIOUS YEARS !!!

FIRST & FOREMOST--the only reservations for rooms at the Austin Motel for the Lone Star Roundup will be taken by PHONE ONLY. NO MORE WALK-INS ON JAN 1 TO MAKE RESERVATIONS SO DO NOT CAMP OUT NEW YEARS EVE OR GET THERE AT THE CRACK OF DAWN TO TRY AND RESERVE A ROOM. THEY WILL ONLY BE TAKING RESERVATIONS BY PHONE. Even if you reserve a room for New Years Eve and stay there the night before they start taking reservations, you will still have to call in Jan 1 and try and make a reservation for the LSRU weekend. Please help them out and cooperate w/ this new policy. If you want the whole low down on the policy folks can contact them for the rate and policy sheet if you would like at [email protected]

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PHONE LINES WILL OPEN UP FOR RESERVATIONS @ 9AM CENTRAL STANDARD TIME ON JANUARY 1, 2011. This is the only way you have any chance of getting a room----must phone in. Thanks for helping them out.

If you do not get a room at the Austin Motel there are many other places all over town some close to S. Congress, some close to the Expo Center and we have most of them listed on the website at www.lonestarroundup.com. Registration for the show will open right after the first of the year. Check the website for details.

2. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Thanks Steve.

Back up for the morning crew.

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks for the heads up. It's certainly my most favorite place to stay.

4. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Mine too....I dont think I have it in me to do the trip up on New Years any longer...I like the new rules...lets try and get 2 rooms HRLC

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'll try and get two, you try to get two, if we only end up with one between the two of us well share right?? :D

6. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Already got the # on speed dial.

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You wanna be in on the sharing loop??:D
    Call me tonight after 9pm, lets chat.

8. Drag City

Drag City
    BANNED

Sold out at 9:45 am. Started calling at 8:59:58. Got through at 8:59:59 and was told to "call right back", hit speed dial constantly and at 9:20 am the system put me on hold and kicked me out after 10 minutes. Austin motel says "yes our system will do this".

Got through again at
    9:40 am to be told, "sorry sold out".

Ok problem here: If you don't have the staff, or you have a system that does not work properly, then a) get a new system or staff extra workers for your big days or
    b)then do the right thing and hold a lottery, so people have a chance at the 41 rooms.

plus the san jose won't release rooms due to a "hold".
    Looks like off congress -again this year.

9. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Tissues any one?

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Not for me......or you ;)

This was the absolute fairest it could have been. EVERYONE had the exact same chance of dialing in and obtaining a room. Everyone allowed two rooms that means they only took 21 or 22 reservations. Doesn't take a ton of peeps to cover those reservations.

11. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I was told in the past that the lobby is full of people waiting to make reservations.

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

In the past, prior to this morning.;)

13. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Im sure it was full this morning too.

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well I would hope that the people behind the desk would have told those that walked in the door that they must use a phone and call in and if I were working I would lock that door and not let anyone in. I mean can you imagine having all those peeps in the lobby and lines up outside the door for over 12 hours for all those years. I'm surprised it took this long for them to do strickly call in reservations for this event.

15. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

3 years we called in starting at 8am. Finally a friends uncle that lives in Austin told us that the lobby would be full that morning and would have people around the corner. After that we stopped calling and also stopped caring to stay at the motel. I missed the part about the locking the doors I'm sure this is what they did.

16. What other hotels are on congress and do any of them having covered parking. 3 years ago when I came out in the coupe it rained really bad on friday and since the car only has a windshield it was alittle wet inside the car. I did bring a tarp to help cover it and can do that again this year if needed but maybe would like covered parking.

17. SHIT!!! I completely forgot to call in!!!! I had been talking about it the last couple months and had a brain fart yesterday. Oh well, I got a room down the street at the Homestead suites, not too far of a walk.

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Looks like you have to join the sticky note club.:D
    I put a sticky note with the words Austin Motel on the bathroom mirror a few days ago and new years eve night when I went to bed I stuck the note on my cell . Sucks getting old :eek:

19. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

The Embassy down the street has a covered parking lot.
    300 So. Congress
    512-469-9000

20. Marcy

Marcy

It worked well for quite a few people last year so I set up a room block again this year at the Embassy Suites 300 South Congress (1/3 mile from the Continental Club)under the group name "Lonestar Roundup" or "LSR"

You can call for reservations right now or I should have an online link to our own reservation page in a week or so. Phone direct 512-469-9000 or CenRes @ 1-800-362-2779..
    Rates are $139. King/ $139. double (plus each suite has a pull out sofa bed if you really want to pack 'em in;)) includes the usual Embassy Suites stuff, free full breakfast, managers free drink happy hour and fairly secure enclosed parking.

If anyone has any problems making their reservation or any questions feel free to PM me.

We will be there this coming weekend hosting my Tattoo Convention----great friendly staff and nice hotel.

Marcy

21. jetcycles

jetcycles

Thanks or setting that up Marcy, gonna go ahead and reserve my room now.

22. Drag City

Drag City
    BANNED

Wonder how many rooms folks were allowed to book when they were lucky enough to get through?

23. Drag City

Drag City
    BANNED

and "everyone" had a chance at getting the phone answering system that stinks!

24. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Yeah I got through last year only to get dropped by the answering machine. Don't hear me whining.

And if you want to do a lottery deal think about this,what if someone like hotrodladycruser gets all 500 plus of her friends to put their name in the pot. Talk about a loaded deck.

25. mark 55

mark 55

500! Heck, she has that many in her neighborhood!

26. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

Pardon my ignorance, but why does everyone want to stay at the Austin Motel? ...AND is Congress the street you want your Motel to be on?

I ask because me and the boys are talking about a Hotrod Road Trip to the Roundup instead of Viva this year.

Perhaps a list of recomended places to stay?

27. 4950ford

4950ford
    from cushing,ok

the La Quinta on Oldorf is an awesome place and is super close to Congress

28. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Oltdorf LaQuinta quoted us $136 per - last year we paid $95! And there was no place to park by Friday night.

We went to the Fairfield at 71 and 35 for $109. Still just a few miles to Congress. The first weekend in Austin has tons of OT shit going on thus a room shortage. That's the reason LSRU moved the dates back for #8 and #9.

I'm kinda over the whole Congress Zoo action after 8 years anyway.

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Congress is where all the evenings festivities are so naturally folks want to be close to that. The Auston motel is located right in the heart of the action, is a mom and pop owned place that is very clean with unique rooms that the ownere does not raise the price of just because the circus comes to town. Its an excellewnt value. They only have like 44 rooms I think so on Jan 1 when they went up for grabs they went quick.

The Homestead is one block from Congress and within walking distance of the action which is important for me if I'm going to have a few cocktails.

Looking forward to seeing you and your posse there. You will really enjoy yourself.

30. John Denich

John Denich

Yup Homestead for me too last year it was perfect! lots of parking and close to everything!