Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Lone Star Round Up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 1, 2011.

1. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Gotta believe that any respectable bucket list would include at least a couple of entries for this event.

Frank

2. -Brent-

-Brent-

I agree, actually, I'm going to keep putting it on there. I've been having a lot of fun. Although, I've eaten waaay too much.

3. Crease

Crease

9:30 and headed to the show.....

Attached Files:

4. Crease

Crease

3:30 and leavin the show......

Not sure who enjoyed it more. :)

Attached Files:

5. Crease

Crease

Been to all 10 of the LSRUs, in fact I was there before they even called it the LSRU. :)
    This year is tied with the first year for my favorite Round Up. Steve and the Kontinentals always put on a great show, but this year was just amazing!! Never thought that someone could make a show this big run this smoothly, but they did it.

Thanks to the Kontinentals, the folks at the Austin Speed Shop and all my new and old hot rod friends for a great weekend!!!

6. big creep

big creep

wow thats really cool picture of the kids enjoying the show! my girlfriend thinks they are super cute!

7. -Brent-

-Brent-

Crease, I think we saw you leaving, did have 4 people crammed into your coupe?

8. Crease

Crease

Thanks Big Creep and tell your girl friend thanks too! My wife didnt feel comfortable with them in the coupe when they were younger (she's a really good mom) so this was their first big trip (to and from the hotel) in it. I was so stoked!!! :)

Brent, that was us!! Tight fit, but gets mom to the Tahoe. Im finishing up a 51 for this very reason!!! :)

9. these pictures alone make me sure that one day i'll make the trek from this end of the world to the lone star round up. wow.

10. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Great pic!!!
    They grow up fast man...enjoy.

11. The Roundup was awesome! We just left the ASS party. Austin is a pretty Kickass town!

12. Crease

Crease

Thanks Squigy, time is flyin for sure..

13. I went today. I'm a lurker here. I love street rods but don't have one yet. I did save a Packard 327 straight-8 from the crusher, so there's a start.:cool:

I'm also a model builder. I snapped some pics just for reference info, so you might find some of them boring. Here's a link to all 198 pics. http://public.fotki.com/TunnelRammedBigBlock/lone-star-roundup-2011/

I gotta say, that rat rod with fuel tank behind the driver's head looks scary.

I really love this traditional Deuce. [​IMG]

14. That gold 3w was Pat Pattons,Groucho's buddy. It's a beautiful car,even if it's glass. I went with him and another friend,to Paso one year,following that car.

15. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Franco...I should be driving the Royal Victoria there next year...I will run with you? ;):D

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Damn I've been hunting the Walker Morrison Roadster for a while now. I can't wait to see this car one day. It's got one of my top 5 engine bays of all time I think. Slick as shit.

[​IMG]

17. Had a blast. Can't wait to visit Austin again

18. RAY With

RAY With

The show? Rad--Over the top--Today is Mercury Charlies et all. What a hell of a weekend and still happening.

19. L4rryc

L4rryc
    from Austin, TX

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  20. U.K.ROADSTER

U.K.ROADSTER
    from Birmingham

Oh no :eek:

Attached Files:

21. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

22. Wardog

Wardog

<HR style="COLOR: #e5e5e5; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    The Roundup was awesome! We just left the ASS party. Austin is a pretty Kickass town!

I hope you mean the Austin Speed Shop party!!

Looks like a great show.

23. kaydub

kaydub
    from Cali

We had a great time!!

Nice to meet ya Ryan, I'm sure I'll be seeing ya around...

Snapped a couple pics with my iPhone:

[​IMG]

This bike is RAD!
    [​IMG]

And this 3w out in the swap was making me drool!! Although, I'm pretty sure it was a bit out of my price range....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. dartracer

dartracer

Gota get down there. This one makes my heart skip a beat.

Attached Files:

25. apound

apound

Seeing this at the roundup yesterday really got me inspired to finally get my Safari done. Had a very great time yesterday. Maybe I'll be done in time to take the 57 next year.

Attached Files:

26. scarylarry

scarylarry

Almost a 1600 mile ride in my roadster but worth the ride for sure. It was great catching up with people you don't get to see on a regular basis, nice long ride with a group of my friends, great week!

27. On S. Congress yesterday evening. These guys were letting people take pics of thier kids in these rails and firing them up occasionally. We sat by these racers for about a half hour, the smiles on the kids faces were priceless, and the sound of the motors was music to ears!!!!!

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      424.8 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      390 KB
      Views:
  28. fantastic show indeed! I had a blast! it was huuuuuuuuuuuge! and Congress last night was craziness!

29. bardwell02

bardwell02
    from Dallas, TX

Just got back this was our third year. As long as I'm in Texas I won't miss one, it's an excuse to go hang out in Austin and stoke the fires of my car jones, maybe soon I'll have a car to bring. My thanks to many, in no particular order:

The Kontinentals for an event that runs amazingly smooth. They just nail it and everyone is friendly.

Minibike racers - you put on a great show

Anyone who brought a car; thanks for the effort, the sheer number and variety of cool cars and trucks makes this show so cool.

Vendors - We always end up with some stuff I never knew I needed.

Everyone who went, car shows seem to bring out the friendliest crowd.

And last, everyone posting picture of the stuff I missed!

30. Tin Can

Tin Can

The wife and I just got home from a weekend in Austin. The show was awsome, The cruising on congress was insane and the entire weekend was awsome. I got myself a new HAMB shirt but you were busy when we were there talking to a guy with a cool ass trophy