Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Lone Star Round Up X

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It looked like a great time.......wish I had been there..........maybe next year

3. RAY With

RAY With

Without a doubt its the biggest anticipated event in Texas plus out of the country people that fly in just for this event and the partys before and after. It will get bigger and many will bitch about it as there headed to the next LSRU. Its our nature and who really likes the traffic? Not me but I am part of it those few days of the LSRU and will be again next year. Thats how I see it any way.

4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I need a marroon xl shirt that you had in the booth in one of your pics.

Also want one of each of the 2 new engine parts T's in xl...purdy please

kidcampbell71 likes this.

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'm with hrm2k, I can't believe I've missed two in a row since the last I am was there.

Anyways, here's what I have to say about the LSRUX.

-Looks like an awesome show once again.
    -Walker Morrison Roadster Rules and the engine bay is PERFECT...I mean PERFECT!
    -Lee Pratt's '40 Coupe is inspirational and I want it.
    -Tuki's Dad's '34 is nasty as fuck.
    -Austin Rules and I wish I had a slice of it in Charlotte.
    -Everyone that helps put on the show and keeps it true to it's roots is awesome. Thank god for shows like this. It's really what's driving people these days. Driving to get their cars done, driving people to work hard so they can play hard, and driving people across the country to meet some good friends in a city that welcomes them.

Next year I am there or my name aint JJ.

6. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

I hate to say this because i hate cliche...

BEST LSRU EVER!

I mean that, but have some reservations. They stem from regret. I regret not walking the lot more. I regret not spending more time in the swap meet barn. I regret not sitting with my pals more. I...

You get my meaning, right? I just wish I could have done so much more of it all! It was a great weekend, all the way from Wednesday's arrival of the Okie Malcontent right on through the hang over, CAGYS (come and get your shit!) party on Sunday where we all claim lost articles from the other cars in our party.

This year was a special one for me. I was there with my own crew. The Tejas Malcontents made a good showing. We all planned too much, worked too hard and played too hard, but we did it together, more or less. Without them, I'd be walking around a car show alone and go home early.

I guess that's proof that the Round Up is the best show on Earth, not because of the cars (which are unimaginable), but because of the people.

Thanks to Reggie, Cody, Scott, Ryan and Marcy (don't forget the special edition reissue!), Denise, Art, Randy, Bobby Bleed, Chris, Billy, Raul and most of all, my lovely wife. You all played a role in MY great weekend.

Let's do it again next year. I'll bring the wings!

7. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

“-Tuki's Dad's '34 is nasty as fuck.”-JeffreyJames.
    So true. Slim

8. Great Pictures Ryan.

9. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

Dang , good time, I had a blast, and came home with some new insperation and ready to finish some stuff. good seeing you again ryan.

10. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

The Roundup is special and one of my favorite destinations. Good talking with you Ryan. Gary

11. I always look forward to the left overs. I hope there will be some in the store soon.

12. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Sounds like a very honest and sincere take on the show Ryan....the emotional ups and downs sound familiar...good to see Fabian's car in your mix...love that Chebby.

13. Choptop

Choptop

Good to see ya Ryan. Glad we had a few minutes to chat. Will have to sit down over some cold ones and hang out in a less chaotic environment.

14. ScottyVenture

ScottyVenture

15. jetcycles

jetcycles

Rock and Roll brother. . .Couldn't have said it any better myself!

16. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Great show, I had an amazing time. Got to see some awesome cars and talk to some great people. I hope to do it again next year!

17. Marcy

Marcy

You know I feel the same.
    Roundup time is always super stressful with everyone debuting new shirts---it's a lot of 20 hour days in the three weeks leading up to it, then an awesome family reunion, then a little sadness that it's all over.
    Can't thank Steve and company enough, and Ryan for bringing so many awesome people together.
    Austin is special, the Roundup is special.

Marcy

18. -Brent-

-Brent-

I'm looking forward to the next time we go to Austin.

I had a lot of fun just being a fly on the wall. I did go over to a few people and introduce myself but mainly I just took it all in.

We did a lot of stuff some unrelated to the LSRU and it was a good way for me to get a taste of the different vibes within Austin. I always seem to compare new places I go with places I've been and Austin reminded me, at times, of gritty Hollywood, downtown Atlanta, New Orleans, and I even get the late 80s Princeton vibe from the little independent shops. Of course, the rolling green hills reminded me of growing up in the N.E.

The LSRU, was a blast. It seemed to be trouble free, laid back, and it was a super-value. Ten bucks to get in for both days, serious? I was really impressed. As well, I still smile when I think about buying a drink and realizing that a bottle of water was more than a beer.

The restaraunt recommendation thread was spot on. For the first time, in perhaps EVER, I didn't have a bad meal on a vacation.

I'm tired and can't focus while I'm sitting at my desk and it is completely worth it. Thanks a bunch, everyone.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I checked the store first thing this morning. Not there yet.

I have to say for myself and including everyone else that didn't get to go for what ever reason. A big thanks to everyone who posted photos on the board or posted links to their photos on Flicker, Photobucket or a personal website.
    They are much appreciated by us out here who have Roundup on the bucket list.

20. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

[ "But if you’ve been to this show and you’ve really let yourself go, you know I am absolutely right. The Lone Star Round Up is the best car show in the country." ]

Amen to that. A big thanks to all involved.

21. flamingokid

flamingokid

Great cars,great show,great pix.There's no way I'm missing next years show.

22. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

My only gripe is the cruising on Congress. All the pre-'64 cars I came to see are parked while the musclecars, donks, 4x4s, and minivans were clogging the road. It used to be my favorite part of the lsru but now it's a waste of time. Maybe it can become an official part of the show and traffic can be diverted?

Otherwise, I had a great time as always, saw some great friends and cars, and enjoyed Austin.

23. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

Awesome show. Nuff said.

24. notchback

notchback

25. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

That's exactly what killed the St. Ignace show.

Cruising is my favorite part of any event!

26. robleticia

robleticia

^^^Great idea! This was my second trip and it was the best time! Only had one bad thing happen all weekend. I got to involved in looking at all the cars that time slipped by me and i missed the meet and great! AAARRRRGGGGG!!!!!! Damnit! Oh well, might of had something to do with the beer too??? HAHA! Hell, I met Gene W. and Jesse J., Both of them were really cool guys, I was a happy camper. Great show, loved every minute! Thanks to all who worked so hard to make this happen!

27. 53choptop

53choptop

28. cwmoss

cwmoss
    from Texas

I heard about the roundup last year, but couldn't make that one, but I made this one, and boy o boy, what a great event. I'll be there next year, as I will be retired and looking for hotrod events to go to.
    Daryl (cwmoss):cool:

29. Thanks for the great pics Ryan, nice job and great taste! I need to see more of that chevy, damn that car is sick.

30. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

After thrashing all week on business, then loading two trucks with booth merch, and arriving Friday at 6:30 am, then setting up our booth, I too was questioning the sanity of the whole effort - we were already beat!

Then the rods started pouring in by the hundreds and the music started flowing, and it all came together again. There is nothing like, or better than, The whole Round Up experience.

BTW - Saturday afternoon I went out to my truck behind the barns and could not believe there were spectator vehicles jammed in all the way down to the fences! That has NEVER happened before. We're so happy for the club and the cause. See you all next year.