Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage THE LEGENDS OF THE 50's: BARRIS, WINFIELD & STARBIRD HEAD FOR SWEDEN !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jonnie King, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

SPECIAL INFO FOR ALL MY H.A.M.B. FRIENDS...

[​IMG] The Rod & Custom Industry continues to expand year-by-year on a WorldWide Basis. GEORGE BARRIS and Hall Of Famer JOHN D'AGOSTINO, have traveled to Europe many times.

[​IMG] AND, this year, their Overseas Trip that will bring together for the first time these THREE Legendary Customizers from the 50's : GEORGE BARRIS, GENE WINFIELD, AND, DARRYL STARBIRD ...along with JOHN D'AGOSTINO ! PLUS, JIM McNEIL'S "HIROHATA MERC" is heading for its very first appearance outside of the U.S.A. !​

They're all off to one of the Countries that perpetuates this special, unique Art Form: SWEDEN ! Just click-on here for this fascinating story !! ​

ENJOY ! And, thanks to my friend the Rikster for some cool pix !!​

Jonnie King www.legends.thewwbc.net

2. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

I'm going on thursday and will check out the show for a few days. My buddies at the local rod club (http://www.matchtownrodders.se/ ) will throw a BBQ on friday and at least John use to come there, hope the other guys are up to it too.

3. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Magnus...Thanks for the Link !

The 40th Anni. Show should be a fantastic event ! As John explains in the story, he's been going there since 1995. And George's take on his visits there is priceless !

JK www.legends.thewwbc.net

4. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Today was "travel day" for the Legends. Got a call from John D. over the weekend...he, along with George & Gene left from California today. They'll land in Iceland before heading for Sweden.

Donna Starbird told me that she & Darryl were leaving today, heading for Chicago, and from there that flight takes them to Stockholm.

It's gonna be a standing room only affair when the show starts on the 22nd ! They're ALL looking forward to seeing their fans for the 40th Anniversary of this much anticipated event !! And said to thank all of our H.A.M.B. friends for their support !!!

JK www.legends.thewwbc.net

5. HRod 50

HRod 50

Big car Culture over there... I took this picture as I was crossing the street in Gothenburg, Sweden. My mouth dropped. I didn't expect to see this.... Should be an awesome event..

Attached Files:

6. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

HRod50...

Thanks so much for the pik ! The R&C Culture over there is SO great...and it keeps growing !!

The man who really locked-in this "Legends of the Fifties" Tribute for this year was John D'Agostino. He's to be complimented on "getting it done", working with George, Gene, and Darryl to put together a phenominal event...and helping keep the Kustom Culture movement overseas get bigger every year. John is truly a class act and lives Kustoms EVERYDAY of his life.

John explains how the "Sweden Connection" all started back in 1995 in this Interview...and George's participation this year for the third time is also covered:
    http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage87.html

All the best to our friends in Sweden, The Netherlands, Norway...and everyone in that region !

7. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

EVENT NOTE: The 40th Anniversary Bilsport Custom Motor Show In Sweden Is Underway !

Great "first day" reports...if you're in that area, do yourself a favor, get there as soon as you can !

This may be your ONLY chance to see these THREE iconic Legends in-person at that show...all at the same time: BARRIS, WINFIELD, AND, STARBIRD. Plus, JOHN D'AGOSTINO & JOHN BUCK are right there too !!

AND, to top it off, Owner, JIM McNEIL, in its VERY FIRST Show outside of the U.S.A., brought the World Famous "HIROHATA MERC", along with Gene Winfield's restored Shop Truck, and John D'Agostino's award-winning "BEARCAT", and hundred's of other eye-popping, jaw-dropping rides !

The show continues till Monday...don't miss it !

HAPPY EASTER TO ONE AND ALL !

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  8. ImForwardlook

ImForwardlook

Thanks for the interview, cool stuff. Can't make it to the show but hopefully someone will post pics! Keep the inside info from the big names coming!

9. I can't believe the Hirohata Merc is going to be seeing the light of day, much less going all the way to Sweden. That's pretty cool.

10. TinWolf

TinWolf
    from Sweden

Attached Files: