Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Lee Pratt 1941 Buick

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ryan, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

@OG lil E I stand corrected, I did some digging I the guy I was thinking of was someone else.

OG lil E likes this.
  2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was a big fan of that Buick back when Lee had it but I've been a fan of most of what he has done over the years.
    Glad to see that even though it went full on lowrider they didn't load all of the stock trim back on it as most Bomba lowrider owners think is a must have.

3. Silva

Silva

Thank You Ryan for your diligence and Lee for well, being Lee. I remember the original Street Rodder feature well. I've always liked your style in vehicles and as Casny said earlier, you are missed in this neck of the woods...

4. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank You Ryan for your patience and diligence , Thankful you were able to save the slides . The crazy interior LOL that's funny I get it , some folks are way too serious about things. Its all about the journey , fun you have along the way and the Good People you meet while driving the car you enjoy.
    A great read about Lee's 41 Buick and its journey .

5. A Boner

A Boner

G.M. did a nice job on the B pillars!

6. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

7. @El Pratt Did Jim Mcfall do the interior on that car? Is that material the Lincoln "Lipstick Edition" raspberry color? Just wondering because that interior and the interior in my dad's Chevy are similar, especially the color, but I didn't know if the pics were truly representing the color.

8. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Per the January 1980 Street Rodder article: "McFall Auto Trim wrapped the air conditioned package with white Naugahyde and pink velvet which is set off by bountiful chroming."

Dan Hay likes this.
  9. shmoozo

shmoozo
    from Media, PA

Stunning.

Every single thing about that car, the photos of it and the effort to preserve those images just leave me slack-jawed.

10. About 30 years ago Lee offered it to me for $16,000.00. I've always been sorry I didn't buy it. When I first saw it in Peoria at a rod run I fell in love. Stunning car. It's a shame it got ruined so badly.