Register now to get rid of these ads!

the law

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by southern thunder, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

most of them get shut down , because they end up getting stupid, or start that way

2. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pfffft...see what I mean? Double standard. Can dish it out, but can't take it...lol. Not all of 'em...just a few. I'm one of the most friendly, respectful guys you'd ever meet...until someone like you oversteps his bounds. Then I bite. You'd be in trouble. You just proved my point better than I ever could.

3. Back in the late 60s, I had a pretty stout 55 Chevy that I did some street racing with. I had slicks on, open headers and ready to go. On a Friday night I was going to go out to a semi abandoned highway to do a little racing. I lived about 3 blocks from the highway and as I pulled out on the highway to go to our spot I looked up in my mirror and the red lights were flashing. I pulled over and it was a highway patrolman that knew me. He comes up to the car and tells me that I should turn around and go back home, that he was headed to the same place I was going to. I did what I was told and he went on out to where we raced and arrested a few guys for racing. Great cop.
    Later,
    Dick

4. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

I don't necessarily agree with Rickybop or 49RF , but to say that your Captian would tell Rickybop to pound sand for complaining would turn me against you. Have you ever heard of the 4th Amendment to the Constitution? Have you ever heard of Probable Cause . So you're saying that if you can't violate someones Constitutional Rights and get away with it then you are going to retaliate by punish them. Bad Cop .....Bad Bad Bad Cop.

5. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Hey get back on track guys we are just having fun. Dont take this serious. My Capt would def not tell anyone to pound sand on a complaint. It was a joke sorry if this got out of hand. Back to the thread. I have a funny one a kid ran his car "rice burner tuner car" so after he says hes alright I ask man what happened he replies I got confused which one was the clutch. I did not give him a ticket his lesson was learned.

6. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

You were kidding ....sure you were.

7. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

I agree! The cops pull ya over and want to talk cars then thats when they get ya when your gaurd is down!! :mad:

8. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

I can do this all day long............... Till the boss shuts us down.lol

9. medic3579

medic3579

As a cop and life long motorhead, I can honestly say that I have never pulled anyone over to check out their ride. I would not consider that appropriate. I have, however, stopped at the local gas pump to look a new one over or wheel in at the local motorhead garage on a Friday night to see how they are coming on the latest project and talk shop. I was sitting in a driveway talking to an old guy about his lost dog one fine Saturday afternoon when a kid launched a BB Camaro from the stop sign right behind me. Said he didn't see me. He was ready to just climb in the backseat. I told him that I had to let him go with a warning. As he stood there with his mouth open the only sound I could hear was the pinging of the hot headers, I went on to explain that I believed that the Good Lord would definately strike me dead if I did write him. I'm pretty sure that God remembers every driving adventure I had in the ole 71 GTO back in the late 70's. I think you would all be shocked at the number of cops that are old time rodders. The ones that weren't are the dicks that make us all look bad! Just build 'em safe and drive 'em with a brain. You won't have a problem in my jurisdiction!

10. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

[QUOTE="T'RANTULA";8050228]I agree! The cops pull ya over and want to talk cars then thats when they get ya when your gaurd is down!! :mad:[/QUOTE]

Nah.... Thats a bad ass 55 for your avatar. Lets here more about it. Do you have a thread on it. I bet theres pics in some of the gasser threads. So you been doing something wrong? Yoi got some dope under the seat. Uh huh down town son.... Thats how I roll.

11. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

put me in that the club!
    I have friends on the gang task force & i really don't wanna talk to em when their on duty. (might find some issues that i missed :rolleyes:) I'm clean, but been pulled over so they can take a 'peek'?? you can bet your ass i have my guard up!
    the city i live in now, they're 'Honda hunting' as they call it,
    kids with imports=easy money!:mad:

12. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

Thats what im talkin about!! :eek:

13. In the 70's I got pulled over in my tunnel-rammed Chevelle, 7 times in 3 months, because the cops were looking for a car "just like mine"

14. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ricky, you're a'ight in my book, but I gotta disagree with this. We're already seeing more and more excessive use of force, needless brutality, ignorant power trips, all from the local po-po. They're already behind the 8-ball with times as bad as they are, already targets for the worst of the animals out there. If a cop genuinely likes my ride and simply wants to chat, I'ma treat him like any other swingin dick that wants to see it. They're human beings like you and me, some of em have cars, boats or bikes too. Maybe a bit of humanity is in order and could help bring things back where they belong. Us old rodders can be hard-ass shit heads or we can be community ambassadors, 1 at a time...

Just sayin:cool:

Attached Files:

16. southern thunder

southern thunder

agreed, I wasn't a lawdog, but I spent over 35 years in the fire service, as a fire capt/ paramedic, I saw LOTS!! of wrecks where people were badly injuried, or killed, the worst being kids. I've seen alot. I truly believe we all learn how to act by our mistakes. this thread was basicly fun which it was meant to be. But me, for one am glad the law is out there stopping law breakers, even for probable cause. the person they stop may have been the one that hit your loved one down the street if they hadn't stopped them.

17. southern thunder

southern thunder

well, did we get lucky with this one, or is this about the average ? this dog has about been beat to death.....or maybe not. thanks for all the post guys.

18. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I got hit by a cop while driving my T and he was an asshole. In my books, he's an asshole until he appoligises. As for the rest of them, I give respect when it's due. There's not a lot of crime in my neighborhood, but there's enough. Thing is, at any given time of the day or night, there's 4 or 5 cops parking thier asses at a Spanish restuarant not far from my house. They get paid, I want them working.

As for this thread, the stories get longer and larger everytime they come up.

19. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hello, Highlander, old buddy. Thanks for the compliment...same to ya.

Plenty of humanity here. Seriously. I'll talk to anybody who wants to be friendly...almost anytime, anywhere. I know a couple of hot rodders who just happen to be cops. In my book too, they're just decent people like us, (most of 'em) doin' a job that can be quite difficult at times. So I have great respect for that, and truly appreciate all they do to try and keep everbody safe. But...I have no respect for anybody who abuses their position. And a p.o. hitting his lights and siren to get somebody to pull to the side of the road just so they can talk cars is exactly that...and neither necessary, appropriate, safe, or considerate...and maybe even illegal, and would piss me off. I have no problem under almost any other circumstance.

Now excuse me, while I go cause trouble on another thread...lol.

20. Back in 58 I had a 53 Ford rag top with a full house flathead , 60 over, Harmon and Collins cam, Offy heads, 3 carbs. always lookin for a run. So i go over to the Tropical Treat in Stowe outside of Pottstown to check out the cars. There was a lot across the street full of cars waiting there turn to run. All of a sudden the cops surround the place and started to arrest everyone with a car, a bus was brought in to take the guys to Justice of The Peace to write up there arrests. Meanwhile I thinking what my Dad would do when he heard i was arrested, so i quickly slide under my Ford which was lowered . Don't know how i got under it, and up walks the cop, his shoes where right next to me and he says to someone where's the kid with this car. They said he left with some one. I laid under that car for at least 1 hour till they all left. They shut down the lights and i slide out and got outta there. The next day it was all over the papers, my Dad said you hang out there don't you, i said not last nite, man i got outta that one!

21. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

22. Okay; once got pulled over in my '60 Pontiac right downtown where there was no way to get off the road. Okay, I pulled into a parking lot next to the road so the cop could talk to me without getting run over and so we wouldn't back up traffic for six blocks at rush hour.

You'd have thought I robbed a bank or something, cops come out of the woodwork, the excuse being they thought I went in there so nobody would see me shoot him or something.

And why the cop pulled me in the first place? He'd apparently never seen a car with a wraparound windshield before - the reg and inspection stickers were in the lower left corner which put them all the way around on the side, he claimed he "didn't see them". I've seen wrap windshield cars that still had stickers on them from before I was born, in the same place.

I laugh about it now, it was pretty silly, but I was ticked off at the time. But I also avoid downtown as much as possible.

23. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

24. I got pulled over a lot when I was in my teens,,mostly for traffic violations,,excessive speed,noisy mufflers,burnt out turn signals, drag racing on main street,,that one cost me,:rolleyes:

I've only been stopped once when a patrolman wanted to look my car over and I was in my 40's and driving a black 1940 Ford DeLuxe sedan,,seems he had fond memories of his grandfather having one,,and it was a relief when he said why he pulled me over. HRP

25. <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pkAPi9vuxAQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

26. outlaw256

outlaw256

god im gettin old, now i sound like my parents... that music sucks couldnt understand the first word....and it sounds like he has a cold and a sore throat.lol

27. k9racer

k9racer

to quote hamb member from calif. Dr J "Power is a very dangerous drug" and "police the biggest gang in town""

28. 49F1Jeff

49F1Jeff
    from Oregon

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Nothing brings out the keyboard tough guys like a thread about the law.

It IS illegal. More than likely the cop had a lawful reason for the stop but the driver with a chip on his shoulder didn't listen or disagreed, so it became "He stopped me for no reason and then just wanted to talk about my car".

29. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

I was 20, and learned the hard way.....That a class c go cart would read on a speed radar...... 65 in a 30 zone....... Speed, plus "equipment" (or lack thereof) violations.... They definitely wanted to talk about that "car",,...LOL ! Sure was fun though !!!
    I was stopped a cpl times by state troopers who "liked my 47 Ford" 2dr,...Said they had some of them for patrol; cars.

4TTRUK

30. airhead

airhead