Register now to get rid of these ads!

The latest from Keith Tardel...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Rusty

Rusty

Very nice!!!!!!

2. Clark

Clark

I like!!! Mine would have been similar but is now gonna be channeled and sitting low.
    Clark

3. A Boner

A Boner

I like the gas tank cover.....why do so many get taken off?
    It gives it more of a saltflats look.

============================================================
    On a quiet night ........................................you can hear a Ford rust.

4. Thanks for postin' those Ryan. Interior is just like I'd ilke to do in my roadster. Nice and simple.

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

You suppose Keith was awake and paying attention while he was growing up:eek: :rolleyes: :cool: :D

Frank

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Vern should be taking notes now. :)

7. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

McMaster Carr # 1660T21 is about as close to the stuff used in the 60's as you can get.... if memory serves me correctly the stuff would only stay white for a couple of weeks..

http://www.mcmaster.com/

CC

8. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Thanks ProEnfo...

9. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

I like the subtle white letters!

10. Larry, Here's a little trick that was passed onto me for painting those letters.
    Clean thoroughly with wax and grease remover until all the black cleans up and buy your self a fine tip silver Sharpie. Looks almost white. Looks great when done and is easy to control with that sharp tip. Dries fast and is easy to touch up. Just throw it in your glove box and you have it. Cheap, Easy and Fast. Just how I like my hotrods and wimmin'! Should look great against all that shiny black paint. And oh by the way, that 34 is just plain bitchin. Maybe I can get the Tardel boys to come north for the HOTROD-A-RAMA this year. They would enjoy it.

11. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Dale...you ...are a mental case...:D thanks for the tip...

12. BELLM

BELLM

Very nice!

For those of you who want more 33-34 roadsters out there you will be happy to know Reggie (Hotwheel) has one in the works, And we all know anything he builds will be outstanding.:)

13. CadillacKid

CadillacKid

That is one sweet ride...only one thing I'd do different...and this is really just nit-picking....get rid of the chrome exhaust tip....the whole car looks AWESOME, and then the exhaust tip just looks like something from Walmart.....one hell of a bitchin car!! Thanks for sharing it with us Ryan!

14. I don't care for the white letters:rolleyes: ,,,but I didn't like them in the 60's and 70's when they were the fad!

On the other hand,,,the roadster is one nice piece of rollin' art work! HRP

15. JayD

JayD

I agree with HRP on this one. The car is totally timeless......except for the RWL, they stick it right in the 70s.

J

16. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Actually, the white letter Firestones of the late 40s and early 50s were RACING tires... It was kinda one of those clues that tipped ya off to a hot car.

17. JayD

JayD

I didn't know that. I remember when the red lines and RWLs made their debut/revival in the 70s and became popular (again?)................I have been enlightened.

J

18. Exactly.

And that is one of the most perfect "Traditional" cars I've ever seen.

19. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

That's a beautiful car!!

20. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

Sweet! I love the '40 dash. Its an old styling detail that is often forgotten on the "new" lovers of tradition. I've always liked the '33-'34 roadster. It was a very stylish design that fits with the era. My best picture of a '34 roadster is full-fendered in deep Navy blue with Tacoma Cream K-H wire wheels. That's the next car after the '29 RPU project is finished.

21. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

I've always been a sucker for 33/34 Fords, and this one is EXCEPTIONAL!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

(Though, personally I think 40 dashes are ugly, I'd love to see this same car with a 32 style dash sporting an Auburn type panel instead.)

22. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow!! That's inspiration for me. I just wish I had the patience to make mine that nice. I should just send it out for Keith to do.

23. 50Fraud

50Fraud

My only criticism of Keith is that he just goes crazy with those loud, garish paint colors...

24. Everything nice about this one has already been said in this thread.....but, yepp this is one sweet looking roadster. Yet another one, perfect as inspiration, even though this is way out of my league. Thanks for sharing.

My personal favourite no 1 sofar from the Tardell's is still this one......

/ primerkid

Attached Files:

25. sling392shot

sling392shot

They're genius.
    Beautiful little roadster!!!

26. I love cars that you can,t date and this one could have been built anytime in the last 50 years! Fantastic as usual and truly inspiring.

27. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

Simply stated, that rod is outstanding, one the cleanest installations of a 40 dash in a 33-34 I have ever seen. Just perfect...period.

28. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Wow! Inspirational to say the least...I wish I had that kind of vision...

29. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I'm glad this car is done-finally It was a real treat for Keith to build.;)

Imagine a customer buying a totally done nostalgia type streetrod
    and bringing in to Keith's with a flatomatic and wide whites and glide seat
    and then Keith has to break the bad news that this car needs to taken
    all the way down to the bare rails, un-box it,remove the Vega steering
    and late model rear end, sell off the entire chromed front end set up, strip the steel body down to bare & start from scratch!
    That's exactly what happened with this car. Believe me-Keith outdid himself on this one. It's almost like righting all of the wrongs that the previous owners had done.
    This was in all actuality a restoration of a vintage hot 34 roadster, but in another way, also a new lease on life-just the right way:D .
    Keith,
    Get to work on the 32 C-dan so it can come off the frame table & we can get a chassis under my a-bone. The PRC natives are getting restless;) :D

Good Work!!! Don't let Paul take that home yet, I'd like to go for a spin in that one before he takes up to the villa:D .

30. old beet

old beet

Thats a really cool car. But most of all, thats the most 'ass kissin' I ever saw on one post..........OLDBEET