Register now to get rid of these ads!

The last of my early hydro tranny stuff

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by Blownolds, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Blownolds

Blownolds
    from So Cal

City: Bloomington

State: California
    Price: in ad
    Sold off just about everything, BUT I do still have one dual-range hydramatic tranny left, and a few parts (scan below for the bullet points):

--The complete tranny is stock trans, from a '55 Chevy pickup. 6-cyl trans, I think. It does not have the v8 bellhousing. However, it does have the 18-bolt Chevy torus bowl and a small-diameter higher stall 10"-1/2 torus on it. $40 will take the whole trans
    (this is a good deal, as I sold many of these toruses for $75 and bowls for $40 in the past). But I need to get it gone so there you go-- 40 bucks. I have TWO large diameter output/tailshaft assemblies off of some slant pan hydros that I will toss in free (these two are different lengths, as well). A little rusty, but can possibly be saved-- and if so, could help you make a good racing trans.
    Probably a few other hydro parts you could rummage up around there in storage as well-- free for the taking, whatever you find there, as long as you beat the scrap guy to the "junk" parts pile (stuff I don't want to bother trying to sell).

--I also have some red Raybestos clutches (rare) for another $50. Many are packed inside a pair of clutch drums from one of Gordon Potter's old racing trannys... and I think those drums must have the thin GMC/Cad Eldo steels and/or machining done to the drums, because it looked like they had extra clutches in there. The drums are rusty, the clutches should be fine.

--And, I have 3 valve bodies that are supposed to be manual valve bodies. Unknown condition or operation, just some stuff I got from some old racers years ago. But I'm pretty sure they are modded… there are some tubes that don't look stock. $10/ea for those.

--And a small handful of bronze thrust washers for $5.

You'll need to pick the transmission up in Bloomington, CA as I cannot ship a whole transmission and not sure if I want to try mailing the clutch drums.
    I could probably mail the valve bodies and the bronze washers (but won't go digging through the junk parts pile for anyone long distance... someone local would need to do that).
    Let me know, as I am actively cleaning my storage out. Please e-mail me direct at blown394olds@yahoo.com as I do not use the PM system here.
    Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  2. Blownolds

Blownolds
    from So Cal

BTTT, dropped the price to $40 on the tranny, tossing in another output/tailshaft assembly.